Author Topic: Lu Xun Medal  (Read 616 times)

Offline dennisma77

• Trade Count: (+5)
Lu Xun Medal
« on: December 31, 2016, 08:07:45 PM »
How much does the two medals set worth? Is it from China offical mint?

Offline Hippanda

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Lu Xun Medal
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 08:34:33 PM »
It is a very collectible set, although not from official China Mint. They are early, considered "semi official" by some.
Two types of sets offered : two medal silver, and three medal set with two silver, one gold. Maybe 5,000 sets total.

Here is the link you want: (from Fwang blog)

http://modern-chinese-numismatic-info.blogspot.com/2013/05/feng-yunming-and-early-semi-official.html

"Feng Yunming and Early Semi-Official Medals

Before China Mint, some commemorative medals were made by the Beijing Radio Instrument Factory and distributed by the China National Arts&Crafts Co. and Guangzhou Zhenyi Co., Ltd. (mainly to Hong Kong). There are different names for these early medals:"prehistoric" medals, early privately minted medals and early semi-official medals. Following Huang Ruiyong, I will use "early semi-official medals" because these medals were ..."

Past years sales went for perhaps $300-500, if I recall,  seeing maybe one or two sets a year. In nice cloisonne box. Now one is offered for $1500 ask:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-China-silver-medal-the-100th-ANNI-of-Lu-Xun-China-coin-by-Feng-Yunming-RARE-/142209663490?hash=item211c5b4202:g:fAsAAOSwImRYQBPL
"He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good."

Confucius

Offline dennisma77

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 09:57:25 PM »
Thank you Hippanda!

Online pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 07:58:37 AM »
Last past sale i know of was private and sold for $1,250.      This is a Feng Yunming medal and he is considered the Grandfather of Medals or the first to design medals.   Information is on Fwang's Translation blog provided by Hippanda.     This is the only set i have seen w/ the COA and only the second set i have seen w/ the outer box.    Maybe one a year on ebay?    Most dealers in Asia/West have no clue who Feng is because there is no publication on him.     The only info we have in the West is Fwang's Translation Blog.    Many are studying his contributions.    Two photos are of his aluminum (6) piece set China Ancient Traditional Technology Exhibition or CATTE.    I found 5 of them on ebay last yr for peanuts, missing kneeling soldier.    The aluminum are the rarest at this point...................