Author Topic: Macau Show Pandas and Bowker Macau Special Exhibit Medal Release  (Read 915 times)

Offline jeandigital

• Trade Count: (0)
Macau Show Pandas and Bowker Macau Special Exhibit Medal Release
« on: November 28, 2016, 12:34:49 AM »
12/1 2016 Shanghai Mint Macau Show Panda Release

2016 Macau Numismatic Society Annual Show Panda to be released on 12/1 at 2pm and 12/3 at 5pm at the Macau Kam Pak community center for the third year in a row, The release price is HKD 1300 or USD 168 , one panda per person while supply last.

2016 mintage of the 2 ounce Macau Show Panda is 1,000 and 600 is allocated to the Macau Numismatic Society members by subscription and the Macau show release.

The Macau Panda is again made of .999 Silver using the incuse dish design which highlights the relief of the Pandas by Senior Designer Yu Min of the Shanghai Mint.Yu Min ,the designer of the award winning 1983 Silver Panda ,has design more official Panda coins any other Chinese designers

The 2016 Obverse design features the Macau Zoo Panda Mother with the two new Panda babies born this summer at the zoo and coins from the Howard Bowker Macau Special exhibit. The reverse features the Macau Grand Prix Race Car of Aryton Senna's Champion number 3 car ,which is in the Macau Grand Prix Museum , racing past the Macau Guia Lighthouse.

Other issues are.
Two ounce gold 15pcs
One Kilo gram Gold 1pcs  
One Kilo gram silver 20pcs
Brass Piedfort 29pcs
Copper Piedfort 101pcs

2 Oz Silver Panda

2 Oz Gold Panda

1 Kilo Silver Panda

Shenyang Mint Howard Bowker Macau Special Exhibit medal release 12/1 2pm and 12/2 5pm at Kam Pak Community center. Price is HKD 1300 and one per person until supply last.

The Howard Bowker medal design features the coins from the Howard Bowker collection , the new Shenyang mint gate and famous scenery of Macau. The Medal was struck using a similar minting process as the Shenyang Mint's 1979 Year of Child Matte Proof. The medal features a matte surface with sharp details.

Mintage
Copper 200pcs
Silver .999 500 grams 10pcs  

For more information and ordering information about this Macau medal and other Macau Pandas please contact Champion at  championghka@gmail.com.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Macau Show Pandas and Bowker Macau Special Exhibit Medal Release
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 08:33:08 AM »
Another new issue, low mintage medal.  Is there a list w/ how many have been issued this year and/or the last 3 years?     I really like all of them but one stands out.    Peter's heart silver panda.    The collectors i know like all the new issue medals too, but they do not buy them.    They are buying or will buy Peter's panda even w/ higher mintage of 980.     Just the view of a small slice of the market........

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
Re: Macau Show Pandas and Bowker Macau Special Exhibit Medal Release
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 06:07:13 PM »
Thanks to everyone for their interest. Yesterday I took some photos of the Valentine Pandas using a new lighting setup.

The NGC-graded ones will go up on the www.pandacollector.com website as soon as the November China Pricepedia is sent out (soon). The original offer for ungraded Valentine Pandas will end at that time.

I will attend the Hong Kong International Numismatic Fair (HKINF) on December 9 and 10 and bring a small number of Valentine Pandas, if anyone wants to see them there. Orders could be picked up from me there, also.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com