Author Topic: Hello from Europe  (Read 2266 times)

Offline Stark

• Trade Count: (0)
Hello from Europe
« on: November 15, 2016, 04:26:07 AM »
Hi,

I registered here a few weeks ago or even months, but I forgot to write a greeting post.

I am actively collecting coins and medals since 2013 (I think). Well a little bit less actively as I spent most of my savings (which were not big).

My interest for Chinese coins and medals started when I saw Shanghai Jewish Ghetto coin with panda.

I am only sorry I didn't collect Chinese coins and medals before and not regularly following this forum. I know there are many very knowledgeable persons here, so I'm looking forward to learn a new things.

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
Re: Hello from Europe
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 07:44:58 AM »
Welcome Stark to the forum. It's the same story with a lot of people, not starting early to collect. But the great thing is that once you start you will enjoy the hobby and may acquire some great pieces.

Best to go through the archives gradually. Chime in during conversations; you don't have to be the best to participate. Go easy with the purchases until you are more confident of your decisions.

Best of luck and Happy collecting!
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline Panda Halves

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 03:07:57 PM »
Welcome to the forum Stark!
That Shanghai Jewish Ghetto coin is a very special numismatic piece and I'm glad that it is initiated your interest in Chinese coins.

Offline Stark

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 10:45:34 AM »
Sorry for my late reply. I still plan to buy it. Dunno why I didn't buy it at that time.

Thank you also for the kind greeting.

Offline Honus

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
    • Anvil Fine Wares
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 12:53:52 PM »
Belated welcome to the forum Stark!

Where in Europe are you?  I'd be interested to hear if the supply of Chinese coins is abundant where you are.

Before every trip to Europe, I always tell myself I'm going to hunt the coin shops and look for Chinese coins, then I get there and end up face down in a gutter stuffed full of French macarons, or Swiss chocolate, and next thing I know I'm back home and I didn't get to a single coin shop!
Eric Liquori
Anvil Fine Wares
www.anvilfinewares.com

Offline Stark

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 08:10:03 AM »
@Honus: thanks for the welcoming words.

I'm circling around the Central Europe. :) I buy Chinese coins and medals only from China or Singapore. As I don't want that somebody accuses me of making advertisements or something here you can send me a PM if you want to get further info.

I rarely visit any coin shop in Europe. I think most of them don't have Chinese coins and medals. Maybe Pandas and more "general" stuff.

Offline Bluefin646

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 09:20:09 PM »
what is your favorite coin in your collection?