Author Topic: A Peek Inside: The Chinese Coins Guide  (Read 3548 times)

Offline ccl

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • Chinese Coins Live, LLC.
A Peek Inside: The Chinese Coins Guide
« on: November 07, 2016, 05:10:53 PM »
As many of you know, the Chinese Coins Guide is our breakthrough PDF price guide which leverages our unprecedented archive of Chinese coin sales data from 104 different auctioneers and marketplaces in a convenient and visually appealing digest.

Only Chinese Coins Live has the latest sales from around the world as they happen.

Now we have gone past 10,000 sales in the last rolling 30 days and expect this to become our new benchmark with our recent expansion beyond MCC into circulating as well as imperial and republic Chinese coins.

Never miss a sale or auction again. Chinese Coins Live IS the only place to really know the true value of a coin based on historical and current market data. It pays to be in the know.

This edition of the Chinese Coins Guide is for MCC only, with no sales from last 10 days. Our online platform is where you'll find the latest sales based on your license type.

A number of firsts:

+ click any price and you'll be taken to the sale page in your browser! - (ebay sales over 100 days generally excluded as they expire them around this time)

+ click any NGC Census or PCGS Population link to see the current status of coins graded

+ images for every coin

Never before on CCF, we attach a look inside. This is page 70 of 71 of our most recent November 2016 Chinese Coins Guide. The User Guide is also attached.

A few pointers:

- There is a key at the top to understand the abbreviation for the marketplace/ auctioneer.

- Sale date is expressed in how many days ago it took place, where 12d would mean the sale happened 12 days ago from date of issue.

- Some of the coins on this page are usually sold as a part of a two coin set.

If there is a specific coin or medal you'd like us to add to the Chinese Coins Guide, drop me a PM. It's easily done, all MCC are on our site anyway.

The Guide is $9.95 on it's own or free with any CCL license.

Auctioneers and marketplaces covered include:
Zhao Online, eBay, Heritage, Champion Hong Kong Auction, Seized Assets Auctioneers, YJZX, Collectors Auction House, Gaston & Sheehan, Great Collections, Gulfcoast Coin & Jewelry, Monetarium Auctions, Doyle New York, Jackson's Auction, Beijing ChengXuan Auctions Co., China Guardian Auctions, Poly International Auction Co., China Treasures Auction, ChongYuan Auctions, Hosane, Fuchin Coin Auctions, Rarehouse Auction Ltd., Kuenker, DF Auction, Xiling Yinshe Auction Co., China Legend Auction Co., HXGQW Auctions, Stacks Bowers, Baldwin's (HK), Spink, Stephen Album Rare Coins, Numismatica Genevensis, Shanghai Oriental Auction Co. (+ 72 more!).

Offline ccl

Re: A Peek Inside: The Chinese Coins Guide
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 05:11:44 PM »
User Guide

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 07:28:39 PM »
CCL, is it possible to find one MCC that maybe up for sale in various auctions?     See photo for example.   1994 World Cup Football 3.3 oz silver.    Just curious about it as i never see it on ebay.   Asian dealer told me they see it maybe twice a year.    Probably not rare but also not popular so maybe it is semi rare?........  (CCL is a very good program and i recommend it to others)....

Offline ccl

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 08:53:03 PM »
Hello Pandamonium, thanks for your question and recommendation.

The census of 3 on the NGC report indicates that it is very rare.

There could be an uncategorized sale that we have somewhere. Let me know if you have any sales of record and I'll take a look.

We are beginning beta testing for advanced coin recognition set up for the COINS IN AUCTION page (items in auction around the world right now, as structured data).

Soon (<2 months), I'll write back when this is pushed live and can confirm that if this piece becomes available - we'll pick it up.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 08:00:01 AM »
My hunch is this big World Cup silver is a "Dislike MCC" and melted.    I doubt Chinese would want to collect a big silver w/ USA map on reverse and no mention of China.     Other "Dislike MCC" may be the Sino Japan series.      Maybe Unloved is better than Dislike.    Should there be a list of MCC similar in low popularity = melt, as they could be rare today?........

Offline ccl

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 12:03:55 PM »
I think you are right on

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 07:01:03 PM »
Here is a odd ball MCC that may not be on your site.    1992 PF 69 UC Taiwan Military Intelligence Bureau 60th Anniversary - Official Mint Medal silver      NGC 4326096-023     NGC 1 pop?     If i remember correctly NGC has other Taiwan silver Official Mint medals.      Have read nothing about these medals.....

Offline ccl

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 07:08:31 PM »
There are no plans to bring in Taiwanese coins/medals

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 06:54:33 AM »
I believe, and was told, they are China and Official Mint Medals.    Take another look at them.    Taiwan is also Dislike MCC.     Why is it labeled Official Mint Medal by China?   Am i wrong?.....There are a few other Taiwan on NGC's site......

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 07:51:40 AM »
Sent email to NGC about this Taiwan silver.   Hopefully they can respond soon and clear this up........

CCL, you know MCC.   Here is a on going debate and i emailed NGC many times about this.   It should be on their review list.    1980 PF65 Shou Xing 36mm    4216986-017   NGC pop 5?       1987 PF 69 Shou Xing 40mm     3801749-011     NGC pop 117?
I read there is NO difference between the two.    36mm  vs  40mm?        Could the difference be a mint mark or reeding edge type or ?........What information can you dig up about this silver Shou Xing?    IF the 1980 is different from the 1987 then it would make a big difference.    There are also other years assigned to this silver Shou Xing so it could be a label problem.    It is up to NGC to give a official response but many collectors/dealers have inside knowledge too so it makes sense to post it.........Any information out there?.....

Offline ccl

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2016, 01:58:48 PM »
I don't know. I cropped the images, and there might be a difference on his staff.

We have lots of sales for: 1987 PF 69 Shou Xing 40mm     3801749-011     NGC pop 117
none for the other.

Do you see anything?

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2016, 07:17:15 PM »
Good photos and details.    Will be interesting to see what NGC says.    For now the 1980 looks very rare.    Last 1980 i saw for sale was a PF 69 about a year ago.    Was it Lucklymoney or Dragonzeng in China had a PF 70 for sale about $18,888 if i remember correctly.    Clark Smith sold a PF 69 a year or two ago also.....

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2016, 07:43:06 PM »
I went to LBC to find more information:      Dragonzeng had a PF 69 and the PF 70 $28,888.    Clark Smith PF 69 4263215-001   photos should be on his site.   The Shou Xing also had (1) 1990  3623907-011       Various dates look like a mislabel but the 1980 could be different......

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2016, 03:27:42 PM »
Pete or beethenovie;    Here is the topic, it does not take a college degree to go to the search box and type in "a peek inside the chinese coin guide"......

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2016, 05:36:17 PM »
CCL, maybe this is a bad question but why the extreme high asking price of this empire silver?     (au3000 is not the listing agent)    Ebay 142145576398   1924 20 cent MS 64 Kwangtung silver $5,999                  Could a auction in Asia receive a high price?   (just a listing error which i think it is)......rare variety?.....if anyone knows it would be you......thanks....