Author Topic: Newly issued MCC  (Read 11776 times)

Online pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Newly issued MCC
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2017, 07:56:43 AM »
Poconopen's silver bars w/ gold inlay are beauties but that gold bar takes the crown.     How about coins, medals and bars?    Wonder if wg has about 100 of them in some closet........

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2017, 11:21:58 PM »
I find that some of the designs that interest me the most appear on Chinese medals. Here is a beautiful and charming 2017 Panda from the Shenzhen Guobao Mint and young mint artist Chen Peng Peng. Struck in brass, 60mm diameter. No mintage stated, but sold out (at least for now) at BICE.

While unstated mintage may conjure up ideas of prolific production, I have found that many, many wonderful mint medals have very small mintages – including one! The COA with this one is number 47.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
www.pandacollector.com

Offline Hippanda

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2017, 01:07:35 AM »
Beautiful medal there: classic elegant and subtle design.  N31

Plus it looks great in brass. I wonder how it'd look in silver and gold? Probably spectacular.

I continue to be amazed about how different some coins/ medals appear in different metals. Some designs seem optimized by different metals: If anyone is fortunate enough to see an original brass Pagoda medal set, one can notice how the brass background seems more vibrant and three dimensional, whereas in silver the frosting seems to wash it out and flatten things somewhat. Whereas with the 1984 Goldfish medal set, the silver version seems to catch the light and showcase details better.

The 2003 gold panda has a milky background luster that seems unique and beautiful in gold, whereas in silver it is beautiful but seems not quite as vibrant.

The 1993 Peacock looks great in gold, but IMO more stunning still in 1997 reverse matte silver version.
"He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good."

Confucius

Offline Hippanda

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2017, 02:02:15 AM »

Confucius

Offline Hippanda

« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2017, 02:04:49 AM »

Confucius

Offline Hippanda

« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2017, 02:07:33 AM »

Confucius

Online pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2017, 12:31:09 PM »
Just some awesome photos.   If anyone has access to super rare medals it would be you Peter.    Nice panda...
Here are some photos posted earlier by boybluejay    Search box  "selling gold gilt silver Shanghai Mint mini lunar set 1981-1992  omp  $450"  by Jay.     The first 2 photos of 12 sheet are from this forum....
These were once considered rare.      I asked a dealer overseas and he said rare.     Another dealer said he found 5 sets for $250 a set so not rare.   This dealer has always been right in the past....
The other 2 photos of 1985 PF 68 gilt Ox sold on ebay for about $70.    Ebay photos....
Any information on these small beauties?........

Dang those gold bars are like a magnet....

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2017, 02:53:23 PM »
China Gold Coin Inc. has issued lunar gold and silver bar since 2010.

No issue date for 2018 dog gold and silver bars has announced yet, but currently retail store of Shenzhen Mint is accepting pre-order.

http://www.szgc.net/Product/ProductList.aspx?cateid=1

Mintage:  1000 gm, 30; 500 gm, 60; 100 gm, 1000; 50 gm, 1000; 30 gm, 1000; for both gold and silver bars.

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2017, 04:12:38 PM »
Here is bi-colored copper medal (90 mm in diameter) issued by China Gold Coin Inc. on 9/15/2017, in commemorating the 35th Anniversary of issuance of gold panda coin. The mintage is 3,500.

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2017, 05:06:18 PM »
2018 lunar gold bar, the same series posted by wg (Reply # 40), was issued on 11/16/2017. This series started at 2002, but has a higher mintage than the gold bar posted in Reply #52. Unlike bar posted in Reply #52, (made by Shenyang Mint), this series was made by a third party contracted by China Gold Coin Inc.

Here is the website to show all products made from this third party, a division under The Peoples' Bank Of China, but not China Gold Coin Inc. which also a division of PBOC.

http://image.baidu.com/search/index?tn=baiduimage&ct=201326592&lm=-1&cl=2&ie=gbk&word=%D6%D0%B3%AE%B3%A4%B3%C7%B9%F3%BD%F0%CA%F4%D3%D0%CF%DE%B9%AB%CB%BE&fr=ala&ala=1&alatpl=adress&pos=0

http://www.cdccgold.com/

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2017, 05:09:18 AM »
If anyone has access to super rare medals it would be you Peter.    Nice panda...

Nothing special about getting this except noticing it had a price tag next to it in the Guobao Mint showcase at BICE. My mistake was not buying more than one. When I asked later they were all gone.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

Online pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2017, 10:52:01 AM »
Peter i am sure you have access to very rare MCC.     You have earned the right to buy and own them as the rest of us have no access to them.     You travel often to China and do the research to write books so more power to you...... Now post some photos!.....

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2017, 04:30:10 AM »
Peter i am sure you have access to very rare MCC.     You have earned the right to buy and own them as the rest of us have no access to them.     You travel often to China and do the research to write books so more power to you...... Now post some photos!.....

Seeing something does not mean I can publish a photo of it. Here are a pair of medals from the last Beijing Expo. Minted in 2014, the subject is famous multi-talented writer, author, educator and early revolutionary Lu Xun. Quantity of the silver is just 36 pieces. The copper is 200. 60mm diameter. Struck at the Shanghai Mint. There is a famous design of Lu Xun by original Panda coin artist Chen Jian. I have seen that as a rectangular bronze plaque in a museum. It can be found in round bronze and – maybe – silver versions.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

Online pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2017, 07:59:31 AM »
36 silver Lu Xun is rare.    Thanks for the photos.     Lu Xun is famous today and still held in high regard.     His medals should do well in the future.....

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2017, 06:39:32 AM »
Here is something that may be rare, or may not be.  It is the first of an unsuccessful series the Shenyang Mint Struck for a Shanghai coin company in 1995. It is a reproduction of a USA 1804 silver Dollar. The 1804's design is split between two medals with the obverse on one piece and the reverse on the other, so it is not a copy. Authorized mintage was 30,000. I asked around at BICE and heard that the actual mintage was quite low. These were intended for the domestic China market and at that time there was no interest. A series of great Chinese coins from the same company was much more successful. I also asked the world coin department at Stack's-Bowers about these and they had never heard of them. Likewise, nobody at the Shenyang Mint today remembers them. At this time that's about all the information I have on this set. Anybody else (Frank?) know something about it?

Where was this found? An outdoor flea market in Beijing.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com