Author Topic: ncs candidate recommendation  (Read 4095 times)

Offline applenj

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: ncs candidate recommendation
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2018, 02:16:02 PM »
Great.  Thank you.  I had one come back as an MS-66, but what I can see of the discoloration looks like it might be a prime candidate for an NCS upgrade. So I think I may give that one a try to start.  I'm gonna have to study the others harder to decide potential cost-benefit. 

Thanks for the input!   :001_smile:

Offline tater

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2018, 02:24:46 PM »
Great.  Thank you.  I had one come back as an MS-66, but what I can see of the discoloration looks like it might be a prime candidate for an NCS upgrade. So I think I may give that one a try to start.  I'm gonna have to study the others harder to decide potential cost-benefit. 

Thanks for the input!   :001_smile:

feel free to post some photos and get the opinions of the folks on this forum.  They've helped me out a lot.

Offline applenj

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2018, 03:02:25 PM »
Excellent!  I didn't know if that would be presumptuous.  On this board?  Or on the "What's it worth?" Board?  Or just continuing within this thread?

Thanks for the help!

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2018, 06:10:18 PM »
Excellent!  I didn't know if that would be presumptuous.  On this board?  Or on the "What's it worth?" Board?  Or just continuing within this thread?

Thanks for the help!

You could start a new thread for the specific coin(s) with a title such as “Advice needed on possible coin grade” or “Should I conserve these coins” or any other suitable title. Please submit as clear a picture as you can of both sides of the coin. There are very experienced members who could render opinion/advice on most issues about Chinese coins here.

Probably best not to place under “what is it worth?”.

You can post under Mordern Chinese Coins. The most recent thread there now is the one by Mirkkanen “Are You Buying, Watching or Selling?”
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline twong

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+12)
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2018, 07:07:21 PM »
I got lucky one. My 1/4 oz 2000 gold panda MS 69 had small red spot and I sent to ncs. Came back spots free and they bumped my grade to 70

Offline applenj

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2018, 09:58:41 PM »
Twong:   D'oh!  I'm gonna have to look real hard at mine to see if that seems possible.

KeepOn: Thanks.  I'll do that in the next few days, once I can get my camera out and get some reasonable pics.  (And once I study them much more closely to try to distinguish similar characteristics so I don't just post every one.  lol)