Author Topic: Wu Zetien commemorative medallion  (Read 1116 times)

Offline keith

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New
Wu Zetien commemorative medallion
« on: August 26, 2016, 02:36:36 AM »
I have looked in vain but cannot find any information on this coin or medal.  if you can help i would greatly appreciate it.  I know it was issued in Shanghai and has no yuan value so I believe it's just a medallion or memorial coin.  It comes with authenticity and the original packaging.  Unfortunately, I didn't take photos of the coin as I was trying to get someone to translate the authenticity for me.

The coin has Wu Zetien with a square hat on with the period of her life under her.  The obverse is the phoenix gate.  Sorry if this is poor, i've done google searches and cannot find the medallion.  I found one coin, but it was not the same one.

Thanks

The first picture describes Wu Zetien and the coin descriptions of 9g of gold.  The obverse is the Phoenix gate to her tomb.

This coin was issued in Shanghai.

The second picture roughly translates to:

Tang and Song dynasties, Li Guangyuan states have been building from the late Warring States for 2300 years from the Eastern Jin Dynasty to the Yuan and Ming dynasties. 

It is where the only female emperor in Chinese history Wu Zetian's was born and is located in the upper reaches of the Jialing River south of the Qinling Mountains, located in the Sichuan, Shaanxi and Gansu provinces known as the gateway to northern Sichuan Guangyuan overturned District, Cangxi District 5 wangcang, jiange, green River area of 16,300 square kilometers in four counties with a population of 3.02 million.

Guangyuan is an energy-rich resource and transportation hub.   Since ancient times, the market is a major transportation hub and wide commodity distribution center in western north and south on the channel element Qianfoya, Huang Zesi sword and foreign visitors to Guangyuan and is the national support model and national health city that is emerging the western North-South Corridor

Offline keith

• New
Re: Wu Zetien commemorative medallion
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 06:39:20 AM »
Here are pictures of the coin...

Offline fwang2450

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 06:52:24 PM »
This is obviously a commemorative medal commissioned by the City of Guangyuan. The Certification for Collection by Shanghai Mint provides all the info about the medal. Mintage is "limited", which normally means "mintage not fixed". It is 6g gold, not 9g. The reverse (not the obverse) is the landmark of the city, not a gate to Wu Zetian's tomb.

Offline keith

• New
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 07:05:10 AM »
Thank you.  I tried to contact the Shanghai mint, but the contact form won't let me send.  Not sure what is happening.  I will keep looking.  Just wondering on price, mintage and if a collectible or not.

Thanks again