Author Topic: Grade rarity  (Read 2727 times)

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
Re: Grade rarity
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2016, 07:16:17 PM »
The way NGC is the clear preferable option for pandas is the way PCGS is the clear preferable option for American coins.  These choices were made by the collectors. I'd even say the gap between PCGS and NGC on American coins is greater than the gap between NGC and PCGS on pandas.  American coins graded PCGS are way more desirable to the general public and are also much more expensive to grade.  When you factor in first strike and show labels they are even more expensive.

The Pogue ($200,0000,000) Collection was slabbed by PCGS: https://youtu.be/Q0pu9nCNCQQ

Perhaps it may turn out eventually that the predominance of a TPG in any area of coin collection is determined more by historical and/or business strategies that attract the most collectors.
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline paul4444

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+9)
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2016, 08:22:11 PM »
I think we all knew this was coming.  "Buy The Coin Not The Holder".  If we follow this rule of thumb we can always be safe.  Sorry I am not trying to be rude its that common sense will always prevails.  N40

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2016, 11:25:29 PM »
I think we all knew this was coming.  "Buy The Coin Not The Holder".  If we follow this rule of thumb we can always be safe.  Sorry I am not trying to be rude its that common sense will always prevails.  N40

Totally agree.