Author Topic: COA 1993 Wang Xizhi medal  (Read 829 times)

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
COA 1993 Wang Xizhi medal
« on: June 27, 2016, 11:58:01 PM »
COA 1993 Wang Xizhi medal

http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=622

This is a certificate from the Shanghai Mint with respect to the 1993 Wang Xizhi 1690th anniversary medal. I obscured the serial number number for privacy reasons.

I know there are different terminologies apart from COA. I am not the expert here. Perhaps others will chime in to clarify if this is a COA or any other certification type from the Shanghai Mint.
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline fwang2450

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
Re: COA 1993 Wang Xizhi medal
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 01:04:33 AM »
In the early years, brass/copper/stained copper medals did not have COAs. The small brass medals were sometimes sold with a small, generic "Tourist Commemorative Medal" fold. Large medals such as the Great Wall, God of Longevity and Karl Max did not have any accompanying document. Later the mints started to issue some kind of descriptions with the medals, like this one for the Wang Xizhi medal. It is not exactly a COA. More like a brief description of the person and the medal.

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
Re: COA 1993 Wang Xizhi medal
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 07:20:57 AM »
In the early years, brass/copper/stained copper medals did not have COAs. The small brass medals were sometimes sold with a small, generic "Tourist Commemorative Medal" fold. Large medals such as the Great Wall, God of Longevity and Karl Max did not have any accompanying document. Later the mints started to issue some kind of descriptions with the medals, like this one for the Wang Xizhi medal. It is not exactly a COA. More like a brief description of the person and the medal.

Thanks for clarification. Great contribution. Best wishes.
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!