Author Topic: Buying graded pandas  (Read 2034 times)

Offline bender9876

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+3)
Buying graded pandas
« on: June 23, 2016, 05:34:03 AM »
Hello, New to board. I just started collecting gold pandas, have a few & want more. My question is where do most buy graded pandas from? I seem to find them on ebay after they have been marked up alot. Is there a way to purchase them before they get crazy in price? Maybe someone who sells graded pandas? By the way I purchase for my Grandson he loves them (8). I will probably see here alot of people will say buy the coin not the slab, but being new I will stick to graded coin. At least I will know mine are not fake. Thanks Jim BTW, What a helpful site.

Offline NBM

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
Re: Buying graded pandas
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 11:39:17 AM »
Is there a way to purchase them before they get crazy in price?
Either a time machine or buy newer coins, most everything else is speculation with risk.

Offline mazinger7000

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+6)
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 01:11:43 PM »
Either a time machine or buy newer coins, most everything else is speculation with risk.

i agree a time machine would help. but you can get better prices here on some things than on eBay. post what you are looking for and see if anyone messages you. you can also post what you are willing to pay. but depending on the coins, a fair price can be extremely hard to determine. still, i got a good deal here recently on some hard to find stuff. searching eBay recent sold coin prices will at least give you a ballpark range on certain things.

Offline bender9876

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 07:24:13 PM »
Thank you mazinger

Offline bender9876

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 07:24:49 PM »
Thank you NBM

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+48)
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 07:43:18 PM »
What coins are you seeking? Be specific, and you may find sellers who will sell to you here.

Offline bender9876

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 10:21:16 AM »
Gold, NGC only prefer 70 either MS or Proof. I have bought the 2010, 2014, 2015 & 2016. Let me know anyone as my budget is limited but can always save up, Thanks Jim

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 01:07:03 PM »
In terms of affordability buying from sellers at this forum is best. If no response to your posting then look at Pandaamerica.com, APMEX.com and ebay. Ma-shops.de is also a good site in Germany where I have purchased hard to find silver coins. If buying from overseas you got to be extra careful because it is not easy returning coins back to the country of origin.

At the end of the day pricing determines where you buy from. So you need to do some research.

From what you have already bought it looks like you are buying new issue panda coins. I am sure you will find 2011-2013 on eBay. The "fun" begins when you start collecting earlier years; they are more expensive and you need to look at the coin carefully before buying and after arrival.

If buying silver coins ask the seller specifically if the coins have spots, haze or any obvious defects. I would suggest buying with Paypal to get some protection because the reality is that a few sellers (usually on eBay) will try to hide coin problems and claim afterwards that you should have seen the defect on the coin through the posted photos.

Good luck with the hunt!
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline bender9876

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2016, 05:52:33 AM »
Thankyou All for your kind replies