Author Topic: shenyang mint 2017 panda lunar cock china coin Medal  (Read 2160 times)

Offline lucklymoney

• Trade Count: (0)
shenyang mint 2017 panda lunar cock china coin Medal
« on: June 10, 2016, 09:46:21 AM »
silver proof:499
silver Antique:99
gold:19

this is Cock pic.this is same 2015 panda lunar goat design.Design is changhuan.

My E-mail:lucklymoney@hotmail.com
Ebay Shop:http://stores.ebay.com/LUCKPAWNSHOP
New Shop:www.luckpawnshop.com

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
Re: shenyang mint 2017 panda lunar cock china coin Medal
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 01:21:58 PM »

this is Cock pic.this is same 2015 panda lunar goat design.Design is changhuan.

From your posting here and in silverstackers (http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-74799-shenyang-mint-2017-panda-lunar-cock-china-coin-medal.html), and from postings on lbc and associated coin compendium forum it appears that there may be two 2017 Panda Lunar Cock/Chicken/Rooster medals in the making.

Specifically, you seem to have posted one of the proposed 2017 medals and barsenault has posted information on what seems to be another 2017 panda lunar medal (https://www.LBC/smf/index.php?topic=5632.msg44743#msg44743) on lbc.

Both medal groups are apparently being produced by Shenyang Mint.

Please clarify the situation with this Panda Lunar Animal Series that started with the 2015 Panda Lunar Goat medals.

Thanks!
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline silverpv

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+9)
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 07:49:23 PM »

this is Cock pic.

ohhh the cultural nuances.  N21

I'm also interested in knowing which is which. The goat was more cartoonish, which this one looks like. The monkey 2016 is more realistic, which a different rendering was proposed.

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 09:00:25 PM »
ohhh the cultural nuances.  N21

I'm also interested in knowing which is which. The goat was more cartoonish, which this one looks like. The monkey 2016 is more realistic, which a different rendering was proposed.

Different visions, different artists?

Offline Wafdawg

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 05:31:38 AM »
I believe this picture was the one proposed by Lucky which was shot down by Bob and Andy for the Lunar Panda series. Seems that Lucky is sponsoring this version anyway.

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 08:48:02 AM »
I believe this picture was the one proposed by Lucky which was shot down by Bob and Andy for the Lunar Panda series. Seems that Lucky is sponsoring this version anyway.

So which medal version should be regarded as the continuation of the Panda Lunar Animal series, given that both are being produced by Shenyang Mint which also produced the 2015 and 2016 medals?

What should collectors do?

How will NGC, for example, label the two versions, compared to the 2015 and 2016 medals?

Will this be a case of survival of the fittest (cheapest, better design, value appreciation, most marketed/hyped, sponsor integrity, product wholesomeness including original versus crispy OMPs!, etc)? How many years will this matter take to resolve?

Clearly, this is an unanticipated bump in the collection of this medal series.

Offline Wafdawg

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 11:48:07 AM »
So which medal version should be regarded as the continuation of the Panda Lunar Animal series, given that both are being produced by Shenyang Mint which also produced the 2015 and 2016 medals?

What should collectors do?

How will NGC, for example, label the two versions, compared to the 2015 and 2016 medals?

Will this be a case of survival of the fittest (cheapest, better design, value appreciation, most marketed/hyped, sponsor integrity, product wholesomeness including original versus crispy OMPs!, etc)? How many years will this matter take to resolve?

Clearly, this is an unanticipated bump in the collection of this medal series.

I think you are asking the right questions.  As collectors / investors the decision is in our hands. Personally, the continuation of the series is clearly the more realistic rooster, the one that both Bob and Andy, Chinesemedals.com, have communicated and sponsored. I don't know how NGC would label them; I guess they are both official mint medals so labeling could be potentially identical.

Do we consider this the first of a new series? Will there be 2 designs each year going forward or will this be a one-off? Nobody knows for sure. There are now a lot of questions.  I don't know how I feel about it except to say that I prefer more clarity. Hopefully the interest will intensify rather than dissipate as a result.

Offline Russ 736

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+14)
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 11:52:16 PM »
Does anyone have any idea about how much is involved in having a medal produced? Just rough numbers and paperwork involved would be very interesting to me.

Russ

Offline lucklymoney

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 09:34:45 AM »
If like can give my Email.Thank you very much.
My E-mail:lucklymoney@hotmail.com
Ebay Shop:http://stores.ebay.com/LUCKPAWNSHOP
New Shop:www.luckpawnshop.com