Author Topic: Box and CoA  (Read 897 times)

Offline PandaOrLunar

• Trade Count: (0)
Box and CoA
« on: November 13, 2010, 11:49:52 AM »
I notice that coin original box and CoA are available separately.  Guess the owner send the coin off for grading and now got the box and CoA laying around.

So my question is how much worth/value is added by having a "complete" item of the coin, box, and CoA together?

-PandaOrLunar

Offline badon

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Box and CoA
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 12:48:44 PM »
Last I heard, a desirable COA for a rare coin costs about $100. Sellers are getting greedy and lying to buyers by saying they don't have the COA, when in fact they do, and they're just trying to accumulate the COA's so they can control the market for them.

Buyers should refuse to buy coins that don't come with the COA. I know some dealers that have hundreds, maybe thousands of COA's they have hoarded. They always say "it's lost" or they can't find it. It irritates me, I know they're not as stupid as they're pretending to be.

They have stacks and stacks of COA's. They're just trying to drive the prices of them up, before they dump them back on the market and make them worthless again. If you get the COA with the coin, you don't have to pay an artificially high price, and you won't feel screwed when the prices drop when they all get dumped on the market again.