Author Topic: what is with these sellers from hong kong selling fakes on ebay?  (Read 1486 times)

Offline allgeekspcstore

• Trade Count: (+3)
Just wondering , I happen to buy a 2013 GUI silver coin (which I will be selling soon in the buying and selling fyi) but while I was searching for value I found this listing on ebay... search completed item # 172206463068 or search completed "gui gold silver"

so I ask the seller , hello I am interested in placing a bid but I want to confirm the coins are .999 fine silver and .999 gold. I told him I have a precious metals gun tester and if I win the bid I will be immediately testing the coins. Guess what, no response.

Sold for $135 US. 1/4 oz gold and 1 oz of gui silver coin (which I just bought at my local dealer for about $85).

Anyway how do these clowns get away with this just curious. Seems as soon as someone realizes it is fake they start a dispute with ebay. Maybe the seller is long gone by the time it comes to collect the money back?

-allgeekspcstore

Offline tater

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+1)
Re: what is with these sellers from hong kong selling fakes on ebay?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 03:28:34 PM »
yeah makes you sick.  I stumbled across a 2003 silver panda that had a BIN for $60.  The issue is it didn't have the 10 Yuan symbol on the coin, I contacted the seller saying hey where's the 10 yuan on the coin, maybe you should state its a copy.  No response but what upsets you the most is you report it to ebay and nothing happens.