Author Topic: Top Artist or Designer of Chinese Coins and Medals  (Read 2244 times)

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Top Artist or Designer of Chinese Coins and Medals
« on: May 04, 2016, 05:53:25 PM »
Who is your pick of the top artist or designer of MCC, Chinese coins & medals and why?      I do not know but want to learn.    I think KOT had a list of them.  Who will rise to the top in the long run?        Whoever rises to the top should impact the demand & price of those coins/medals.    Fwang wrote a article titled "Why Medals?"   
My choice is Feng Yunming.     He is the first to strike medals for the China Mint and started the low mintage medal popularity we see today.   Yes, Feng's medals are private mint or semi official and look to be low grade.    He is the Grandfather of medals.........
Who is your choice and why?.......

Offline Hippanda

Re: Top Artist or Designer of Chinese Coins and Medals
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 05:58:34 PM »
For pure artistry, can you beat Yi Shizhon?  Examples 1981 Flowers and the Moon Dragon / Phoenix,  and 1984 /90 Goldfish
"He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good."

Confucius

Offline Pandora

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 06:12:15 PM »
My favorite is 1995 G50Y Yellow River Culture -

http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=3185.msg14896#msg14896

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 12:26:11 PM »
There are many top notch Chinese artists.   Very talented....

I do not know why many members of this forum do not take Feng Yunming seriously.     Here are two of his 1981 Lu Xun 2 silver medals sets.    Last month one sold for about $530   Ebay 272218943579      Another set was quickly sold by Ggoodluck yesterday for $999    Ebay 141997243660.    (Ebay searches do not always show on my computer for what ever reason.)    The Lu Xun set is rare and the Painting set is the most common.    His sets are rare in China/Asia too.   Top collectors/dealers have told me they love his medals but others consider his contribution as a novelty.   I don't get it........what does the QQ Group in China have to say about this?........

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 01:02:12 PM »
There are many top notch Chinese artists.   Very talented....

I do not know why many members of this forum do not take Feng Yunming seriously.     Here are two of his 1981 Lu Xun 2 silver medals sets.    Last month one sold for about $530   Ebay 272218943579      Another set was quickly sold by Ggoodluck yesterday for $999    Ebay 141997243660.    (Ebay searches do not always show on my computer for what ever reason.)    The Lu Xun set is rare and the Painting set is the most common.    His sets are rare in China/Asia too.   Top collectors/dealers have told me they love his medals but others consider his contribution as a novelty.   I don't get it........what does the QQ Group in China have to say about this?........

Do you own these medals?
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 06:33:47 PM »
I do not own all of his sets but wish i did.   No, i have none for sale.   Today they are priced too high to buy.     I understand they are medals/not coins and private mint but still do not understand why many dislike or see little value in his sets.    Isn't collecting about owning the very first year in best condition?   He is first year of medals.    In the long run could his sets be the highest in demand?    Here is another question:   Are Feng medals hand engraved dies?.......