Author Topic: Reasonable price for ungraded 12 oz Year of the dragon 1988 and Unicorn coins?  (Read 1508 times)

Offline christians86

• Trade Count: (0)
Hi, I have a offer from a ebay seller for 5100 for both, 2500 for Dragon and 2600 for Unicorn. I find these prices a bit high, and compared to the NGC reference book it would have me at a PF69 grade at least before they are worth that much. What am I missing? the seller is saying that NGCs prices aren't reflecting the market.

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+48)
Don't buy if you are not comfortable with his/her prices.

I like to factor in the RISK of receiving a 67 or 68 grade when determining a fair purchase price for OMP coins. Especially for large, older MSCC silver, they have a propensity to grade low (I think). Do not count on getting 69s. I think that the market has been going nowhere for a while now for the two coins you mention. They have not been hot in years. Don't over pay.

Offline christians86

Then I will stick with what I have...I got a 12 oz dragon already, but paid aprox 2100 USD for that one, so I can live with that. Thanks :)

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
What is the date for 12 oz. unicorn? If this is 1995, $2600 is significantly below the market price.  There are two versions of this coin.

Offline christians86

1994 version