Author Topic: A whole lot of Coins valuation, identification, genuine? help please! :)  (Read 3446 times)

Offline dianjin92

• Trade Count: (0)
Hey there coin enthusiasts!

I am not a professional coin collector ( especially in china coins ) but I have some coins passed down by my granddad and i got noooooo idea what they are and if they are genuine + the valuation of them.

I hope you guys can help me out, I want to know ( if possible ) their years, mintage and valuation..I will be glad to provide more individual / upclose photos if you need them..

I know I am asking too much and not doing my own "homework" but I'll really appreciate it x1000 if you guys can answer my questions  :(

I will list them out by years ( if i know what year they are ) in thumbnail photos, please click on them and then click on the magnifying glass when you're on photobucket to enlarge it!

1. What is this coin? Is it genuine? If so, how much is it? What are the mintage for it?

2. What is this coin? Is it genuine? If so, how much is it? What are the mintage for it?

3. What is this coin? Is it genuine? If so, how much is it? What are the mintage for it?

4. I believe these are badges, anyone know what it is / the value of it?

5. Are there any fakes for these kind of wallet set out there? what are their current selling value? ( black and blue )

6. Is this wallet set worth anything at all judging by its condition? even the coins looks dirty  N2

7. What is this coin? Is it genuine? If so, how much is it? What are the mintage for it?

8. What is this coin? Is it genuine? If so, how much is it? What are the mintage for it?

9. What is this coin? Is it genuine? If so, how much is it? What are the mintage for it?

10. What is this coin? Is it genuine? If so, how much is it? What are the mintage for it?

11. What is this coin? Is it genuine? If so, how much is it? What are the mintage for it?

hope you guys can help me out here! thanks a lot!!! Cheers!!

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
Re: A whole lot of Coins valuation, identification, genuine? help please! :)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 05:27:08 PM »
First coin is 1892 silver dragon one Yen from Japan. IMO, the coin is genuine. The following eBay listing has about the same grade as yours.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAPAN-1892-Mutsuhito-Meiji-Yr-25-1-Yen-Silver-Dragon-Crown-XF-Y-A25-3-/121888809802?hash=item1c6123a34a:g:S0IAAOSweW5VKa6M

Second coins is 1927 Republic of China, Memento silver dollar, about VF. IMO, the coin is genuine with a valuation about $100.

Third coin set is from Taiwan. The following eBay listing is identical to your set.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Taiwan-4-Coin-Set-UNC-Commemorative-Dr-Sun-Yat-Sen-Birthday-Chinese-China-/331768180014?hash=item4d3eecad2e:g:zbkAAOSwFNZWxdBU

Forth silver medal set is PRC 1979 in commemorating the fourth National Game. The box is original and medals are in excellent condition, but missing COA. The current value of this set is about $350-$400.

Fifth and sixth wallet sets are 1980 mint sets. Black wallet is considered as earlier strike set with proof-like surface. It value is about $1,000, while the blue wallet is about $800. Your sets appear to be toned in those Cu-Ni coins, this will have a lower value, but not significantly, since aluminum fen coins are the key coins in this set and are more valuable.

Seventh coin is 1981 15 gm. silver lunar year of rooster and genuine. The valuation is about $700-$1,200 depending on the condition.

Eighth coin is 1984 15 gm. silver lunar year of rat and genuine. The valuation is about $600-$1,200, depending on the condition.

Ninth coin is 1989 1 oz. silver panda and genuine, with a valuation about $70-$100, depending on the condition.

Tenth coin is 1985 15 gm. silver lunar year of ox and genuine. The valuation is about $250-$700, depending on the condition.

Eleventh coin is 1991 1 oz. silver panda, small date in original mint package, and genuine, with a valuation about $160-$200.   

Congratulation, your granddad has passed down to you few very nice coins and banknotes.

Offline dynamike51

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 06:39:55 PM »

Tenth coin is 1985 15 gm. silver lunar year of ox and genuine. The valuation is about $250-$700, depending on the condition. 

Congratulation, your granddad has passed down to you few very nice coins and banknotes.

Excuse me, poconopenn, I'm sure it's an inadvertent error but I believe the tenth coin is a 1991 Goat.

Offline jc888888888

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+14)
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 06:43:13 PM »
nice little inheritance 

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 07:31:18 PM »
Excuse me, poconopenn, I'm sure it's an inadvertent error but I believe the tenth coin is a 1991 Goat.

Yes, you are correct. It is 1991 15 gm. silver lunar year of goat, with a valuation about $250-$650.

Offline Little Finger

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 12:26:19 AM »
Awesome stuff.

Offline dianjin92

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 10:35:05 AM »
First coin is 1892 silver dragon one Yen from Japan. IMO, the coin is genuine. The following eBay listing has about the same grade as yours.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAPAN-1892-Mutsuhito-Meiji-Yr-25-1-Yen-Silver-Dragon-Crown-XF-Y-A25-3-/121888809802?hash=item1c6123a34a:g:S0IAAOSweW5VKa6M

Second coins is 1927 Republic of China, Memento silver dollar, about VF. IMO, the coin is genuine with a valuation about $100.

Third coin set is from Taiwan. The following eBay listing is identical to your set.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Taiwan-4-Coin-Set-UNC-Commemorative-Dr-Sun-Yat-Sen-Birthday-Chinese-China-/331768180014?hash=item4d3eecad2e:g:zbkAAOSwFNZWxdBU

Forth silver medal set is PRC 1979 in commemorating the fourth National Game. The box is original and medals are in excellent condition, but missing COA. The current value of this set is about $350-$400.

Fifth and sixth wallet sets are 1980 mint sets. Black wallet is considered as earlier strike set with proof-like surface. It value is about $1,000, while the blue wallet is about $800. Your sets appear to be toned in those Cu-Ni coins, this will have a lower value, but not significantly, since aluminum fen coins are the key coins in this set and are more valuable.

Seventh coin is 1981 15 gm. silver lunar year of rooster and genuine. The valuation is about $700-$1,200 depending on the condition.

Eighth coin is 1984 15 gm. silver lunar year of rat and genuine. The valuation is about $600-$1,200, depending on the condition.

Ninth coin is 1989 1 oz. silver panda and genuine, with a valuation about $70-$100, depending on the condition.

Eleventh coin is 1991 1 oz. silver panda, small date in original mint package, and genuine, with a valuation about $160-$200.   

Once again thank you so much poconopenn! you are really a very knowledgeable and helpful person!!

nice little inheritance 
Awesome stuff.

yea they are awesome but the problem in my country these coins are not hyped over. sadly :(