Author Topic: Hello from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil  (Read 3727 times)

Offline André Luiz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New
Hello from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
« on: September 10, 2015, 03:37:37 PM »
Hello friends, me name is André and i'm a lawyer of 38 years old. Married, 3 kids. I'm restarting my international collection and I have a lot of brazilian coins to exchange, the old ones, and the news. Some of the olimpcs edition too. Have some from Portugal too, because my father is portuguese.

Hope that a can get a lot good friends here. Sorry about my english, bet theres a long time and don't practice.

Offline Birdman

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+19)
Re: Hello from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 07:37:03 PM »
Hello friends, me name is André and i'm a lawyer of 38 years old. Married, 3 kids. I'm restarting my international collection and I have a lot of brazilian coins to exchange, the old ones, and the news. Some of the olimpcs edition too. Have some from Portugal too, because my father is portuguese.

Hope that a can get a lot good friends here. Sorry about my english, bet theres a long time and don't practice.

Welcome to the Chinese Coin Forum, André.  This is a great resource to expand your knowledge of Chinese Coins.

I have fond memories of celebrating New Years many years ago, dressed in all white, in Foz do Iguaçu.  I had so many Caipirinhas, or was it Caipiroskas, that I don't completely remember the evening, but there are photos to prove that it happened ;)

I've long been a collector of silver crowns from around the world.  I've attached one that you might appreciate, if my fellow forum members will pardon the international diversion from our typical photos.  I also like the counterstamped crowns.  I have a Minas Gerais and I enjoy looking at some of the some of the others, but haven't yet purchased them.  We only have so much money to spend on coins!   N47

Offline André Luiz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New
Re: Hello from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 09:04:46 PM »
Hello Birdman, nice to meet you. That's nice you had great times here in Brazil. The south is really nice (inhabited by european imigrants, specialy italians and germans). I've never went to the cataracts. I live at Rio de Janeiro, and it's a little far. But its near from Minas Gerais, and a love this state.
You know the difference between caipirinha and caipiroska? Caipirinha is made of cachaça (from sugar cane), and caipiroska with vodka, a little bit stronger.
This coin is really special. This was the period that Brazil and Portugal had the same monetary unit - réis. Was the reign of D. Pedro II, king of Portugal. I have some coins from this period to exchange, if you want. The majority made of copper-nickel, but a few of them made of silver. I don't have coins from China, and it would be a plesure to collect them.
That's a long time i don't pratice my english, and it has been a good experience to me writing in this forum.
That's it. Hope you have a nice evening,
André.