Author Topic: News, Views, Top Chinese Coins and more – September 2015 China Pricepedia  (Read 2297 times)

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
The September 2015 China Pricepedia  has been released.

This month's highlights:

• Hong Kong International Coin Convention coverage. Get the inside scoop from coin industry insiders.

• Top moderns in China: coin soars from less than $100 to more than $1,800 in August!

• EXCLUSIVE interview with Chinese circulating coin expert Mr. Sun Keqin

• Shanghai commemoratives make front page news in China.

• Adam Biagi on Asian coins and currency.

Read all about it!
Now 131 pages of numismatic stories, news and information.

A 3 issue, 3-month trial subscription is just $8.88 and only $17.88 for every three months after that.

China Pricepedia
 is available at http://www.pandacollector.com/pricepedia.html

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

Offline PandaQuest

• Trade Count: (+14)
Re: News, Views, Top Chinese Coins and more – September 2015 China Pricepedia
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 10:38:24 AM »
" Top moderns in China: coin soars from less than $100 to more than $1,800 in August!"

Interesting development. Do you know what the Mintage is for this coin? Also what are your thoughts on how this will effect the price in the coin market? Will this price increase create demand for the exchange fund, speculation, collectors, or all the above? Is this coin part of a popular series in China?

I know I have many questions, I'm just trying to understand this current trend/phenomenon.

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 09:40:43 PM »
" Top moderns in China: coin soars from less than $100 to more than $1,800 in August!"

Interesting development. Do you know what the Mintage is for this coin? Also what are your thoughts on how this will effect the price in the coin market? Will this price increase create demand for the exchange fund, speculation, collectors, or all the above? Is this coin part of a popular series in China?

I know I have many questions, I'm just trying to understand this current trend/phenomenon.

1.) The mintage for this coin is unpublished.
2.) How will this affect the coin market price? I am trying to find one offered for sale to find out!
3.) The greater the number of successful funds then the greater the public interest in them becomes. New exchanges keep opening.
4.) Yes, it is part of a famous series of coins, but it is a solo denomination for that year.

I hope that helps. China Pricepedia is all about reporting on what seems interesting and useful to know in modern Chinese coins. Not to mention Adam Biagi's outstanding articles that can cover anything in Asia.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 11:43:01 PM »
1993 silver 10 Yuan FU LU SHU coin is traded at Zhongnan Exchange with a small portion of mintage (5,696 out of planned mintage of 100,000) held in the fund. The low liquidity of the fund may cause the significant move of this fund. A daily trade of few coins can push the price to limited up. Currently, high liquidity funds, such as 2010, 2011 and 2014 silver pandas, the Exchange prices are actually lower than the market price.