Author Topic: Use caution when interpreting "Sold Item" prices on eBay  (Read 11077 times)

Offline Birdman

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+19)
Re: Use caution when interpreting "Sold Item" prices on eBay
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2016, 10:10:12 AM »
Sure Pandaguy.  Here is my "trick" which somebody showed me a few years ago.  I saved the link and it still works today.

Example.  Note a recent Buy It Now/Best Offer sale.  If a Best Offer is used, the high "buy it now price" is in green and there is a green line through it, meaning that it sold but not for the full buy it now price, but for some lower unspecified negotiated price.

But, if you take the eBay item number and insert it after the "=" in the link below, it gives you the information from Italian eBay.  I'm not sure why it works, but it does.

http://offer.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&_trksid=p2047675.l2564&rt=nc&item=121749386772

Bookmark the link.  There used to be a number of different ways to figure out the true sales price for Best Offer, but eBay seems to have been steadily blocking them, making the price discovery tougher.  This trick may not work for much longer, but enjoy it while it lasts  :thumbup1:

I lost my bookmarks on my computer and had to dig around in the Forum archives to again find the link I described above.  While I'm at it, I thought perhaps some of our new users are unaware of this trick, so I'll post it again.  See the screen grab attached to the original post.  The link still works, as I just used it today to find what best offer price was accepted on an eBay transaction.

Offline mazinger7000

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+6)
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2016, 08:44:08 PM »
that's awesome, thanks for sharing that, and let's hope ebay remains unaware of this for awhile longer before removing it as an option.

Offline twong

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+12)
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2016, 12:34:03 AM »
I usually use watchcount.com and put the item number on the keyword

Offline twong

• Supporter
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2016, 12:35:12 AM »
Sortsof.com is another useful website

Offline Birdman

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+19)
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2016, 07:54:14 AM »
I usually use watchcount.com and put the item number on the keyword

Interesting, I just tried this and it works.  Put item number into keyword section.  Then click on link for "check price here on ebay" to the right of the original best offer price.  It is nice to have multiple options.  Thanks.

Offline twong

• Supporter
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2016, 10:32:13 AM »
Interesting, I just tried this and it works.  Put item number into keyword section.  Then click on link for "check price here on ebay" to the right of the original best offer price.  It is nice to have multiple options.  Thanks.

Glad I could help :)