Author Topic: Why Copper/Brass/Bronze MCC will outperform Precious Metals MCC  (Read 32423 times)

barsenault

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Why Copper/Brass/Bronze MCC will outperform Precious Metals MCC
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2015, 03:57:23 PM »
thanks for the heads up birdman.  I like my chances with the more modern stuff vs. the older stuff. :-)

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2015, 05:05:48 PM »
I think David is referring to this thread started by badon in August 2011:
http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=3818.0
I read through it,, but didn't find any reference to fed ex small bills.  Maybe it is a side deal went bad.

Read the thread mentioned by SANDAC carefully, especially the date and the postings by the originator of the thread and comparing to the dates of selling this God medal at CCF. Many veteran members considered the Stack’s auction was a fake sale and did not realize the auction might be a very skillful pumping to promote and sell the same medal at CCF and eBay until many moths later.

davidt3251,

You have been a long time member of this forum, I enjoy to read your postings. We may have many disagreements, but that do not bother me at all. So, please come back. Actually, the original intent of this thread you started is an excellent one and can be discussed further. Numismatic premium is always an important topic for coin collection. 

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2015, 05:06:00 PM »
I try to stay out of this fracas ..... BUT, KOT, you are being inflammatory and antagonistic. (KOT does not mean keep the flame going.)  Both davidt and mirkkanen have been around this forum a lot longer than you. Let's show them a little respect and tone down.

Respectfully, I ask that you review recent posts from davidt. He has shown an utter lack of respect when addressing highly respected members of this forum such as poconopenn. He also does not spare others from his disdain.

I intervened yesterday when he started raising questions regarding the integrity of pioneer members and administrative staff, in short the whole forum. I was particularly not comfortable with his attempting to drag the founder of this forum into the whole situation. Moreover, there were issues of law that he seemed unaware of or did not care about despite the fact that he had informed us all that he was referring matters to his attorney.

I don't necessarily mind what he says to me because I do not believe his attempts to otherize me will be successful. Rather, I wish that his disruptive influence on forum discussions be managed with a view to amelioration. This is where his fellow senior colleagues can be of great assistance.

Respectfully again and with kind regards.
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline dynamike51

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2015, 07:14:49 PM »
Respectfully, I ask that you review recent posts from davidt. He has shown an utter lack of respect when addressing highly respected members of this forum such as poconopenn. He also does not spare others from his disdain.

I intervened yesterday when he started raising questions regarding the integrity of pioneer members and administrative staff, in short the whole forum. I was particularly not comfortable with his attempting to drag the founder of this forum into the whole situation. Moreover, there were issues of law that he seemed unaware of or did not care about despite the fact that he had informed us all that he was referring matters to his attorney.

I don't necessarily mind what he says to me because I do not believe his attempts to otherize me will be successful. Rather, I wish that his disruptive influence on forum discussions be managed with a view to amelioration. This is where his fellow senior colleagues can be of great assistance.

Two wrong doesn't make one right. Other members can very well speak for themselves without your provocation. Nuff said.

"Othersize"? What's that?

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2015, 08:59:00 PM »
Two wrong doesn't make one right. Other members can very well speak for themselves without your provocation. Nuff said.

"Othersize"? What's that?
Otherize: treating someone in manner that says "he is not one of us".

According to his post I am something like an apparachnic brought in to raise the posting count of CCF. I must have a double identity (such as they have had here in the past!). Somehow someone who posts frequently must have some hidden motive. The posts do not have substance. There has to be something fishy about a frequent poster. I am just here to chat! Etc.

It is laughable in concept but deadly in practice. Sounds crazy. It is used in spheres of human endeavor. May be classed as a tool of psychological warfare. Has maximum deniability: "Oh that wasn't what I meant"!

The "other". To "otherize". "Otherization".

barsenault

« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2015, 09:03:38 PM »
Damn KOT.  Where did you learn those big words? I need to go back to school.  Do you have the dictionary memorized?  I need to pull out a dictionary to understand 3/4 of the words you use.  Wowza. #headspinning.

Offline Wafdawg

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2015, 09:15:45 PM »
I'm really glad I stumbled upon this thread because I just commented on this very topic on LBC. And I feel that the commentary here has reemphazised my position.  Speculative, thinly traded, illiquid, and new releases with no long term track record. I would rather accumulate pandas all day long.

andrewlee10

« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2015, 09:39:49 PM »
Just want to present the records and the truth. If my memory serve me correct, birdman and SANDC were not the moderator during the period from June 15, 2011 to Aug. 26, 2011. At that time, the only moderator was located in H.K. and ex-administrator had total control of this forum. This seller and ex-administrator were banned permanently from this Forum at the same time.

http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=3181.0 (June 15, 2011)

1989 3.3 oz silver God of War and Wealth clouded claw NCS NGC PF 69 UC
Ebay/PayPal price: $6200
check/money order price: $5650
cash price: $5150
NCS conserved. Population estimate less than 200. Rarely seen investment grade.

http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=3424.0 (July 8, 2011)

Population estimate less than 200. Rarely seen investment grade.

http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=3452.0 (July 12, 2011)

Population estimate less than 200. Rarely seen investment grade

http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=3725.0 (Aug. 15, 2011)

1984 20 g silver ancient pagoda temple 4 coin set NCS NGC PF 68 UC
Ebay/PayPal price: $14,000
check/money order price: $12,500
cash price: $10,000
Mintage 260, many melted.

1984 20 g silver ancient pagoda temple 4 coin set NCS NGC PF 69 UC
Ebay/PayPal price: $31,000
check/money order price: $28,500
cash price: $26,000

http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=3811.0 (Aug. 26, 2011)

1984 20 g silver ancient pagoda temple 4 coin set NCS NGC PF 68 UC
Ebay/PayPal price: $14,000
check/money order price: $12,500
cash price: $10,000

1984 20 g silver ancient pagoda temple 4 coin set NCS NGC PF 69 UC
Ebay/PayPal price: $31,000
check/money order price: $28,500
cash price: $26,000

He put in seller section.

I view seller can just name their price as they like. Buyer buy it or not is not his decision.

Willing buyer and willing seller nothings to blame as cited in this thread by few of us.

If he make false information on the selling section that another case.

I view either CCF take out the selling section or every members must give profile to avoid future issue.

Offline davidt3251

• Trade Count: (+6)
« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2015, 09:41:24 PM »

KOT

I have news for you friend. Respect is earned. So when I private message the owner of this site several times about slanderous and bullying behavior and get zero replies, yet you people engage in backslapping each other because you say you're doing an impeccable job of moderating, it underscores how much respect you still need to earn.

Oh yeah. Look at the title of this thread. It was started by me. If you don't like it, then get off my thread! Your continued posting in my thread is an tacit endorsement of my writings.

davidt3251

andrewlee10

« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2015, 09:49:49 PM »
I'm really glad I stumbled upon this thread because I just commented on this very topic on LBC. And I feel that the commentary here has reemphazised my position.  Speculative, thinly traded, illiquid, and new releases with no long term track record. I would rather accumulate pandas all day long.

Certain MCC is hold by one dealer in pile. Is this diff. with CBB?

I cannot disclosure the MCC type and who hold a pile of it. It is their rice bowl and their investment on it is few mio dollars or more.

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2015, 09:55:42 PM »
Damn KOT.  Where did you learn those big words? I need to go back to school.  Do you have the dictionary memorized?  I need to pull out a dictionary to understand 3/4 of the words you use.  Wowza. #headspinning.

Sorry Bob. No harm meant.  N16 N17 :lol:

barsenault

« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2015, 10:05:34 PM »

Offline dynamike51

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2015, 10:26:04 PM »
Damn KOT.  Where did you learn those big words? I need to go back to school.  Do you have the dictionary memorized?  I need to pull out a dictionary to understand 3/4 of the words you use.  Wowza. #headspinning.

I think he's using this forum to practice writing - making up words as he went along.

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2015, 10:38:05 PM »
I think he's using this forum to practice writing - making up words as he went along.

Probably a scrabble champion! KOT means?

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2015, 10:56:49 PM »
I agree with Peter, especially on the last paragraph. One point I want to add about base metal circulating coins is that they are known to everybody in China and have a much larger collector base. The membership of the circulating coin collection site coin001.com grew from 20,000 when I joined it in mid 2013, to about 80,000 now. This rapid expansion of the collector base is driving up the prices of base metal coins. I have met with some people who started base metal coin collection by searching through their pocket change and noticed something weird about the coins (doubled dies, very late die state, cracked dies, die rotation, cuds and so on). This advantage of popularity, in addition to the extremely low entry point, contributes to the rise of the circulating coins, the collection of which, by the way, has a much shorter history than precious metal coins. Serious base metal coin collection in China started only this century.

Fwang, i have been tracking ebay for the Rare dates, Key and Semi Key dates aluminum circ coins for the last month.   All the UNC have sold.  Someone is buying them up quick now and i do not see new ones listed.  Prices for the Key and Semi Key UNC were under $10 for most, but those low prices should come to a end.....Peter posted the highest returns were for brass, aluminum coins and medals.....