Author Topic: Why Copper/Brass/Bronze MCC will outperform Precious Metals MCC  (Read 25601 times)

Online KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
Re: Why Copper/Brass/Bronze MCC will outperform Precious Metals MCC
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2015, 11:24:52 PM »
Certain MCC is hold by one dealer in pile. Is this diff. with CBB?
I cannot disclosure the MCC type and who hold a pile of it. It is their rice bowl and their investment on it is few mio dollars or more.

Yes there are many collectors/investors with multi-million dollar collections of gold pandas, but those collections can be easily be absorbed by the market, because gold panda are primarily owned by investors and other investors have plenty discretionary money to invest.  On the other hand, medals and other collectible coins are owned by collectors, collectors budgets are often limited and they are content owning 1 piece, possibly a few pieces if the price is right, but not looking to buy $100K at time or 50 of the same type of coin.  If you want to own a big collection of anything, liquidity is very important.

andrewlee10

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2015, 11:34:16 PM »
Yes there are many collectors/investors with multi-million dollar collections of gold pandas, but those collections can be easily be absorbed by the market, because gold panda are primarily owned by investors and other investors have plenty discretionary money to invest.  On the other hand, medals and other collectible coins are owned by collectors, collectors budgets are often limited and they are content owning 1 piece, possibly a few pieces if the price is right, but not looking to buy $100K at time or 50 of the same type of coin.  If you want to own a big collection of anything, liquidity is very important.

Yes Arif Gold panda is most liquid MCC except the big size proof gold panda.

I am referring certain silver MCC especially Lunar which hold by one or few dealers to wait for price spike.

Certain 5 Yuan 1/2 silver panda also speculate by dealers as my knowledge.

Which dealer  hold 150 pieces of 83 silver proof panda ? PF69 is around 3K and even more in ebay. Do the dealers play stunt on it and make the hype? It fact, I believe certain hype make by dealer is sustainable as long as there are enough demand and land into strong hand.

As I remember David did sold 2 set proof panda near spot rate recently. I assume he made a loss BUT good point is liquidity is there if you need money.

what the chance and time to liquidate 1Kg 10th anniversary silver as compare to gold bullion panda? The answer is gold bullion panda will sell fast as compare to 1 kg 10th anniv silver panda. The numic premium of the KG silver is high and less liquidity to gold bullion panda.

I view the gold panda investors/collectors have diff. investment appetite and profile to other MCC. For me, I diversify.   

Offline fwang2450

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2015, 12:28:13 AM »

Fwang, i have been tracking ebay for the Rare dates, Key and Semi Key dates aluminum circ coins for the last month.   All the UNC have sold.  Someone is buying them up quick now and i do not see new ones listed.  Prices for the Key and Semi Key UNC were under $10 for most, but those low prices should come to a end.....Peter posted the highest returns were for brass, aluminum coins and medals.....  
eBay is not the place to track Chinese circulating coins, as there are very few there. Also, please do not look at the price of "UNC" coins. Condition matters more in circulating coins than in precious metal coins. Those selling under $10 are not keydates or are in really poor condition. Check here for recent sold listings on coin001.com: http://coin001.com/hack.php?H_name=auction&auction_status=3&1=1. You will be surprised to see that the the 1 Yuan cuni Xinjiang commemorative coin is priced higher now than the 10 Yuan silver coin from the same set.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2015, 07:48:00 AM »
The 1 Y is higher priced than the high demand 10 Y silver Xinjiang?    Wow.  I noticed the silver has dropped in price.   Some time ago i posted photos of my 1985 Tibet cu ni on this forum hoping it was a business strike but it is not.   Back then i paid a few bucks for it as i could not afford the design on the silver.   Today the price for the Tibet cu ni is about $75 to over $100 on ebay.    That means the 1987 Inner Mongolia cu ni is the next to go up in price.   You have a translated post about these.                    Ebay is the only place for us in the US to look for circ coins.   Have looked at the past UNC Key Dates and Semi Keys and they all look good quality.   Most on ebay are circulated and have many dings, easy to see.   The prices of about $10 for UNC Keys are over as they can only go up.   Some asking prices are sky high as the quality drops to circulated.   The last two UNC 1980 5 Fen Rare Dates raw sold for over $100 each w/ fingerprints.   I think the Rare will continue to climb and the Key Dates will be next to go up as supply is gone.  There is one 1980 5 Fen Rare Date MS 66? on ebay for $300.   There are four MS 64 Rare on ebay for $775.   Supply is so low even the crummy ones are asking higher prices.   At this point i would recommend buying Key Dates and Semi Keys UNC.   Condition does matter as aluminium should be easy to damage.   What a great market to be involved in.......

Offline fwang2450

• Supporter
« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2015, 09:58:08 AM »
In a discussion with a precious metal coin collector 2 years ago, I predicted that the Xinjiang and Tibt 20th Anniversary cuni coins would catch up and overtake their silver counterparts. He absolutely could not get it. This has happened, with more base metal collectors joining the ranks.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2015, 03:33:52 PM »
Do you have another prediction?  What do you see in the near future gaining demand?.....

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #111 on: September 02, 2015, 06:22:29 PM »
eBay is not the place to track Chinese circulating coins, as there are very few there. Also, please do not look at the price of "UNC" coins. Condition matters more in circulating coins than in precious metal coins. Those selling under $10 are not keydates or are in really poor condition. Check here for recent sold listings on coin001.com: http://coin001.com/hack.php?H_name=auction&auction_status=3&1=1. You will be surprised to see that the the 1 Yuan cuni Xinjiang commemorative coin is priced higher now than the 10 Yuan silver coin from the same set.

Prices for these coins (and other notable circulating coins) also appear each month in China Pricepedia.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com