Author Topic: Two Lovely Pandas (rare) - video & pics.  (Read 46307 times)

Offline jc888888888

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+14)
Re: Two Lovely Pandas (rare) - video & pics.
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2015, 05:44:33 AM »
One thing for certain on this forum, is that Poconopenn is above reproach.  His contributions here go beyond invaluable.

Is there a chance that this is perhaps an over-reaction?

This is a friendly, open forum of sincere members, and the Premier forum dedicated to the enjoyment and study of the all facets of the unique beauty and cultural wonders of Chinese Coins, and it is best and most enjoyable when it is focussed as such.

N40

AMEN    !    I have seen pumping and dumping and that is no where,s near it............................  he is enthusiastic about those medals thats all IMHO

barsenault

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2015, 07:27:26 AM »
I think this thread was about the two lovely Pandas, and I'm not sure who does or doesn't like this medal, but I happen to really, really like it.   N3  This is my passion speaking.  Do I love it?  Is the best on the market?  Is it as good as some of the others I possess?  Perhaps not (from my eyes point of view), but it sure is a controversial medal.  N27  But back on track, and I will post the pictures once again to remind us what the thread was about.  My beautiful 'two lovely pandas.  Enjoy or not enjoy, your choice.   N66
And please do not accusse me of pumping, and explain the chemical composition of how these were made, and with what chemicals, to 'suggest' how cheaply they are made. Or that these are 2000 times above the melt value.  I mean come fellas, there are thousands of medals out there that are well above 2000 times melt value (or whatever number was thrown out there).   :w00t:

Here is some details about the designer:
Nanjing panda designer Cheng Chao beidou. He also designed gold and silver pandas. Nepal the circulation COINS. And word ordinary circulation COINS, the 90th anniversary of the circulation of currency. China's Olympic gold and silver COINS. 10,12,13,17,18 silver pandas.

Polished Brass version:

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2015, 09:24:47 AM »
Barsenault:   Don't waste your time pleasing hyper critics.   Do what you want to do.  You are honest guy and the world is full of negative opinions.   You cannot please everyone so give up on that.  MCC have a bright future and you are moving up in this market.    (I also disagree w/ low mintage new issue but you could be right on that one.)   Many here on CCF strongly dislike LBC and the administrator there.   So that is a knock against you, who cares?   Stay w/ your plan of attack and don't give in.   I wish you well and i think you will do well.......

Offline Utah3

• Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2015, 10:00:25 AM »

Well said pandamonium,
I'll second that.
I really like barsenault's enthusiasm.

Offline jc888888888

• Supporter
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2015, 10:04:28 AM »
I second that emotion .........

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2015, 10:07:22 AM »
Barsenault:   Don't waste your time pleasing hyper critics.   Do what you want to do.  You are honest guy and the world is full of negative opinions.   You cannot please everyone so give up on that.  MCC have a bright future and you are moving up in this market.    (I also disagree w/ low mintage new issue but you could be right on that one.)   Many here on CCF strongly dislike LBC and the administrator there.   So that is a knock against you, who cares?   Stay w/ your plan of attack and don't give in.   I wish you well and i think you will do well.......

So if as you say some people dislike that administrator why don't they duke it out with him publicly instead of going through "soft targets" as it is. He is a big boy and can trade punches real good!
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2015, 10:12:06 AM »
One thing for certain on this forum, is that Poconopenn is above reproach.  His contributions here go beyond invaluable.

Is there a chance that this is perhaps an over-reaction?

This is a friendly, open forum of sincere members, and the Premier forum dedicated to the enjoyment and study of the all facets of the unique beauty and cultural wonders of Chinese Coins, and it is best and most enjoyable when it is focussed as such.

N40

If someone is beyond reproach, and so an elder statesman, what should be his first option to correct what he feels is a whiffy situtation? PM the individual or try to publicly shame him?

Offline jc888888888

• Supporter
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2015, 10:14:24 AM »
Aint worth it  ............ lets talk coins!  a lively discussion about the merits of an investment is one thing,but to semi accuse someone of dubious behavior for what I see as enthusiasm is another  ...... this board has digressed  once to often in that direction IMHO ,some folks are very quick to get condescending sometimes, I guess it is human nature:)    

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2015, 10:33:38 AM »
Aint worth it  ............ lets talk coins!  a lively discussion about the merits of an investment is one thing,but to semi accuse someone of dubious behavior for what I see as enthusiasm is another  ...... this board has digressed  once to often in that direction IMHO ,some folks are very quick to get condescending sometimes, I guess it is human nature:)   
I think the first thing everyone should get into their minds is that NO ONE IS FEEDING anyone of us who frequent here and other forums. We are all hard working individuals who often feed many mouths. Therefore people should be treated with respect irrespective. No one has the right to behave inappropriately in media such as this.

We are here to brainstorm on how to make sense of MCC in their previous or current iterration. If you have great insight and knowledge about these things then contribute meaningfully.

I thought very carefully about joining these forums. One major reason for my keeping away for several months was that I did not want to get involved in the cat fights I saw at the big news forums; suddenly a chat veers away from the initial topic into heaping calumny on the usual victims. I already have enough problems in my daytime work dodging "missiles" and other machinations of the system. I come to these forums for peaceful interaction of the minds. But I won't take the same poopy situations I have to deal with in real life.

The cloak of anonymity we have in these forums should be utilized appropriately and not abused!

Offline jc888888888

• Supporter
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2015, 10:46:41 AM »
Amen long history here brother :) I could go on with at least a half dozen "holy than though" examples but let's get back to the coins.... It is almost like you got to be hazed here for a while upon entry:) dont bother me none im from Nyc :)

Offline fwang2450

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2015, 03:22:35 PM »
I think this thread was about the two lovely Pandas, and I'm not sure who does or doesn't like this medal, but I happen to really, really like it.   N3  This is my passion speaking.  Do I love it?  Is the best on the market?  Is it as good as some of the others I possess?  Perhaps not (from my eyes point of view), but it sure is a controversial medal.  N27  But back on track, and I will post the pictures once again to remind us what the thread was about.  My beautiful 'two lovely pandas.  Enjoy or not enjoy, your choice.   N66
And please do not accusse me of pumping, and explain the chemical composition of how these were made, and with what chemicals, to 'suggest' how cheaply they are made. Or that these are 2000 times above the melt value.  I mean come fellas, there are thousands of medals out there that are well above 2000 times melt value (or whatever number was thrown out there).   :w00t:

Here is some details about the designer:
Nanjing panda designer Cheng Chao beidou. He also designed gold and silver pandas. Nepal the circulation COINS. And word ordinary circulation COINS, the 90th anniversary of the circulation of currency. China's Olympic gold and silver COINS. 10,12,13,17,18 silver pandas.

Honestly, I agree with poconopenn on the artistic aspect of this medal. It is sub-standard in engraving to say the least, miles away from the original design. Probably it came out of the hand of a good designer, but the engraving work is not much better than some of the fakes out there.

That said, I don't believe Bob was pumping and dumping. I saw his listing and recognized it. He told me about why he needed to get some cash and how he did not want to undercut the dealer who sold the medals to him. That was a plausible explanation, in my opinion. Sometimes a little communication can solve the mystery and save us all the words and hurt feelings.

barsenault

« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2015, 05:31:22 PM »
Hello Frank, thanks for the response.  I agree, it's not the best design, but I like it. lol.  

And for me this will be the last comment on this thread.  

The only question I have for the 'experts' out there (minus Frank, because we've spoken at length about this subject, and he's been concerned - and yes, I do consider him an expert) is, does this listing http://tinyurl.com/m66lpty
bother you as much as the one I posted?   :scared: Is it really worth 2K?   N20  Where are the warning bells?  The alarms?  :w00t:  I'm pretty certain these can be found for a lot cheaper on websites in China, yes?  :thumbup: Design is better than Nanjing, sure, but 2k better?  Not a believer, sorry.  Anyway, I won't be responding any longer to this thread.  N3 And again, thanks so much for the lessons learned (sincere).  Oh, and I believe I recall seeing a thread entitled, 'classical garden series' on this forum.  :confused1: I suggest you should go on and talk about chemical compositions, minting process and melt value to forewarn those who may get stuck in that Lan Ting medal, at the cost of 2K, yikes! yes?  N2 All the best, Bob A  barsenault, lovenoah, chinesemedals, iluvmysilver, etc.. N66

p.s.  By the way, I own the Lan Ting at a fraction of the cost...probably more like a fraction of a fraction of the cost. lol.

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+9)
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2015, 06:09:31 PM »
I was very busy today and so could not check in until tonight. I also saw comments by barsenault at LBC regarding his experience here today. So I have read through the posts placed so far today in this forum.

I have no comments to make with respect to your interactions with barsenault today.

Poconopenn you made a pointed comment that included the following lettering (“keep on trying”).

My handle on all three MCC discussion forums that I am registered in is “KeepOnTrying!”. I have posted several times on MCC issues over the past few months. I initially started at LBC followed by this forum (CMF) and silverstackers.com. The contents of my posts depend on the issue at stake and what I know about the issue or what I want to learn. I have interacted with barsenault in all three forums.

I have had good experiences with my purchase of certain coins including the 2014 Nanjing “Lovely Panda” medals. I have highlighted my experiences at the three forums based on what my up to date knowledge is. Anyone posting on any of these forums has the right to contribute in a constructive manner either to correct me or reinforce any truths I have stated or stumbled unto. I have also proposed what I feel are good investment strategies with building of coin/medal sets. That is my right to do; I know that I can be proven wrong in future. But you cannot get to anywhere by standing still.

I was a “guest” at all three MCC forums I have mentioned above, for a long time before deciding to chirp in. All that I am interested in is knowledge that will help me advance my MCC collection hobby. I have the ability to sort out the chaff from grain!

As an adult of several decades I do not have any illusion of perfection in any human. Everyone is flawed. However, I can have no interaction with anyone if I keep on looking for ONLY faults in people I come across, on forums in this instance. I am also not a FOOL. I see things. I have already made pointed comments elsewhere with regards to certain issues. I however cannot carry out a crusade of righteousness because it is neither appropriate nor possible. I also cannot count on anyone’s support if I chose to do so.

Poconopenn, I do not know why you want to rope me into your discussion. Let’s not pretend we do not know  who or what “keep on trying” is. Why you cannot be direct enough if you wanted to refer to me speaks more than words. I do not pick fights but I also demand the utmost respect from anyone I deal with because I do respect everyone I interact with.

To restate what I have said several times all over the forums: I am primarily interested in coin collection. I have collected coins from different country mints. In the last year I have collected mostly MCC. I love the variety and complexity of MCC. I collect both new issue and any old issue coins that I can afford. I have bought from forum members as well as from the internet and outside it.

I also see myself as an investor primarily because I do not want to turn my new found hobby into a money draining venture. I am tired of throwing money away. Therefore, whenever I can, I buy more than one coin. I do this because I may have to sell some of my coins from time to time in order to fund more coin acquisitions. So far I have not sold any coin. I have never sold on eBay or asked someone to sell for me. I have in mind that whenever I need to sell any item I will canvass opinion from forum members as to how this is done ethically.

Finally, I belong to a profession that places a huge emphasis on ETHICS and so many other principles that guide appropriate professional behavior. I live my profession in every interaction in and out of work. I am not a cowboy. I do not come from a shady family. I have very high moral standards. I am not dumb enough to believe that anyone can attempt questionable maneuvers without detection. I have lived in most continents and in several countries. I have interacted with several ethnicities. I have had strong ties with the Chinese right from childhood unto this day. I respect China as well as every other country in this world.

I really resent it when anyone tries to rope me into anything disreputable.

With respect to all members at the China Mint Forum.

I have no idea that “keep on trying” will offend to you. Do you have trademark registered under your name for these three words? If yes, I apologize. If not, I will keep on trying to use “keep on trying “ in my writing. Actually, at my age, I like to “keep on trying” new things. This will keep me alert and feel younger.

To CCF members,

Please note that in my previous post, I referred to not just 2-panda medal, but also 2015 panda lunar goat medal. The pattern of “keep on trying” to pump these medals is very clear to me, based on the time lines given below.

On 4/17/2015, the following thread was initiated by barsenault for 2-panda copper medal, but nobody paid attention to it.

http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=11341.0

On 4/17/2005, the following thread was also initiated by barsenault for 2015 panda lunar goat medal.

http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=11342.0

On 5/1/2015 barsenault (lovenoah) listed NGC graded 2015 panda lunar goat medal at eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-China-Lunar-Goat-Panda-2oz-Silver-Medal-High-Relief-PF70-/151667347597?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item235014108d&nma=true&si=Khl82Z9%252BN6EvWLdDHkMteV3imfk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

On 5/1/2015 barsenault started this thread and claimed that he would not sell those sets he owned. However, on 5/6/2015, he listed 2-panda medals at eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nanjing-Mint-2014-Panda-Brass-Copper-Antique-china-coin-medal-set-30-COA-/161696649258?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a5df102a

Here is the completed listings for the last 15 days.

http://www.ebay.com/csc/lovenoah/m.html?LH_Complete=1&_ipg=100&_since=15&_sop=13&_rdc=1

About the same period of time, barsenault also posted the same topic of these two medals at two other forums.

Most members in this forum provide eBay link to sell their coins. This is a general acceptable practice in this forum. However, when barsenault initiated three threads in this forum to talk about the medals he owned, while he listed those medals, using ID “lovenoah” at eBay without disclosure to the forum members, he closed the line of “conflict of interest”. Perhaps, he did not realize the sensitivity of this issue to the members of this forum.  If he posted the eBay listing in this forum to sell this set because of personal reason, before I posted his eBay ID, everybody would have no problem to accept his explanation. Perhaps, he can sell this medal easily, since some members in this forum may just like this medal and is willing to pay the asking price which is 25% lower than the asking price of dealer.

Most knowledgeable coin collectors are aware the price manipulation of IPO of newly issued coins by distributors and dealers to maximum their profit, especially for low mintage coin/medal. The fair value of any newly issued low mintage coin/medal will not be reached until at least 6 months after IPO. Any dealer or speculator can corner low mintage coin/medal, such as this one, for less than $50,000. Usually, collector will buy one for his/her collection, but investor/speculator will buy multiple. Based on the evidence presented in barsenault’s posts, IMO, he is an investor/speculator. Unfortunately, he has not done enough DD and listened to advice from those dealers who usually have a hiding agenda.

For record, I will not PM anybody who is trying to use this forum to pump and dump any coin/medal.

During last few weeks, I have updated the fake coin sellers list to alter and educate the new collectors of MCC.  Hopefully, through education, the new collectors will aware the problem and do their DD before too late. Just for information, CCF is currently ranked at the top 5 of google search for “fake Chinese coins”, “fake gold panda coins” and “fake silver panda coins”. Hopefully, the discussions in this thread will have some educational benefit to the new collectors. Regardless it is coin, painting, comic book, etc., the price manipulation by dealers of low mintage items will be always part of these markets.

barsenault

« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2015, 06:34:41 PM »
hey poconopenn, three words for you.  you are a funny man.  oopps, I mean 4. You take the cake. nuf said.  I'm not going to defend myself to you any longer.  You seem like a man stuck in his ways.  Just my opinion, but based on your writings, I hold firm to that idea.  I know many have the utmost respect for your wisdom.  Fine, but I'm losing respect for you with each passing post you write (sorry to those who hold him in high esteem).  All I can say is wow.  

I hope to see many of your bright, shining, positive faces (many of your anyway), lol, over at SilverStackers, and at the dog pound called, LBC.  N16 I will continue to post videos on my youtube channel, iluvmysilver.  I will post pictures everywhere I see fit, and yes, I will let 'you' know when I sell something before I rant and rave about it. LMAO. Keep an eye out for our website: chinesemedals.com  We hope to have exciting info there.  All the best.  

P.S. Poconopenn, where are your challenges to your pumptart eBay dealer friends? LOL  I've sold 2 chinese medals, actually 1, and took off one...and you have your....in a wad.  I'm actually going to relist that Nanjing Panda, in spite of your negative banter...you are a funny man.  

P.S.S.  For those of you who know me, you have seen me post many, many pictures and videos 'pumping' them up out of genuine love for the artistic appeal.  I haven't sold a single one...not a one! And I have hundreds newer and older medals. Now because I've sold 2 of  them, I get lambasted for beinng deceptive.  :drool: Poconopennn, you are a lucky man that I'm keeping my language in check.  N39  But you really do take the cake.  I think you need to take a good long look in the mirror and ask yourself some serious life questions.  N31 Just say'n.

P.S.S Just for your eyes Poconopenn.  http://tinyurl.com/n73n43f  Wish me the best.   N66

« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 07:01:18 PM by barsenault »

Offline Hippanda

« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2015, 06:56:34 PM »
Not all on-line forums are the same-

It seems each has its own culture, and sub-interests from slightly different points of view. We highly value learned and
sharing top members such as Poconopenn, fwang2450 and Snowball among many many others.  We know their sage advice comes from a wealth of experience and spans a lot of time and scope and consequently they have our deepest respect and gratitude.

CCF has seemed to value transparency and up-frontness and sharing of bona fide info in postings and dealings. Disclosure is valued among members here.

Other sites have stated different philosophies such as "no need to disclose anything to anybody, for any reason"

That's why maybe there are different forums. For like-minded indiviuals to come together and share.

"Welcome to Chinese Coins Discussion Forum. We are a friendly community. Feel free to share your knowledge and express your opinion with other collectors who have the same interest"
"He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good."

Confucius