Author Topic: 2015 Panda Lunar Goat - Video - Beautiful medal  (Read 18735 times)

roquegallery1

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: 2015 Panda Lunar Goat - Video - Beautiful medal
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2015, 04:06:48 PM »
299 Minted.  999 Silver. 2 oz. 1st in series. Next up, Lunar Monkey. Design is being worked on presently.  Enjoy.
Peter Anthony recently mentioned this medal in pricepedia.

https://youtu.be/1N3R6LYW6zM
great medal!! thank you for sharing!

barsenault

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2015, 08:28:46 AM »
Hello everyone, here is an update on the GOLD LUNAR PANDA (GOAT).  

The initial planned mintage of gold panda gold was 30. However, my partner Andy has had discussion with all parties involved, and the planned mintage has become 19 instead of 30. The Mint will produce 9 pieces, which were privately sold to us.  There will also be an additional 1 to 4 pieces on top of 9, that will be minted for Mint to have for safe keeping and VIP's in the future.  Hope this information is helpful. Please email us or PM us, or go on our website, www.chinesemedals.com.  When the Panda Monkey comes out, it will obviously be less expensive to order from our website vs. eBay.  Be on the look out.  N66

Keep in mind, going forward, the Lunar Panda Series will have Silver Proof, Antique Silver, and Gold.   :thumbup: This series promises to be one of the most popular in the world.  Am I biased?  Perhaps.  But I've seen the Monkey renderings from many of the mints around the world, and I have to say, I believe the Lunar Monkey coming out (yes, we've seen the actual drawings) combined with the Panda (yes, we've seen the actual drawings), is one of the best I've seen so far.  Time will tell if you agree or not, after all, art is 'beauty in the eyes of the beholder.'  :lol:

Offline getagrip

• New
Re: 2015 Panda Lunar Goat not fair!
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2015, 08:06:23 AM »
why did you change the mintage size? price will be sky high! not fair! show pic and price,please,who are you!

barsenault

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2015, 08:25:27 AM »
hmmm.  Not sure what you mean getagrip?  The mintage size for the Monkey will increase a bit, because of the demand for this series. Increase supply, means cheaper prices, yes?  The PLANNED mintage is 499.  However, please keep in mind that the planned mintage is 499, but the ACTUAL mintage, the physical being minted is 400.  300 for sale, and 100 kept by the mint. The other 99 may or may not be minted. The Antique Silver will remain at 99, and the Gold, I believe will remain at 19.  
Who am I?  I'm barsenault, who happens to love to collect Chinese medals and coins, and am intimately involved with the Lunar Panda Series.  And who are you? lol.  Oh, and sorry, can't show pictures of the monkey and panda. I'm under confidentiality.

Offline getagrip

• New
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2015, 10:00:55 AM »
 sorry,  i was talking about the gold goat/panda coin,reduction in mintage (30 to 19),the price will go up, nice! :thumbup:        :crying:for me.

lol  you must be a huge Chinese dealer with all this control of thepanda lunar  series.

barsenault

« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2015, 10:42:37 AM »
sorry,  i was talking about the gold goat/panda coin,reduction in mintage (30 to 19),the price will go up, nice! :thumbup:        :crying:for me.

lol  you must be a huge Chinese dealer with all this control of thepanda lunar  series.

Ah, yes.  Sorry about the misunderstanding.  I think the reason they went lower was due to uncertainty of the popularity.  Not 100%.  Perhaps Andy can shed some additional insight into the reduction of mintage.  Also, I think that was just our 'best stab' at what we thought the mintage was going to be...but ultimately it is decided much higher up the food chain.  :001_smile:  I'm just a 'little guy' helping to serve the U.S. market.  :thumbup: This just happens to be one series that I fell in loved with, and the stars lined up, and an opportunity opened up, for me to work with Andy.  It has been fun.   I'm not so sure that the price tag would have been any lower if in fact 30 pieces were minted. You are right about the price tag though.  It is a lot higher than we thought, but I think most are already accounted for.  There may be 2'ish pieces left out of the 9 that were minted for sale.  Again, apologize for the misunderstanding. Have a great day.

Offline getagrip

• New
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2015, 10:57:39 AM »
tx ,for info.you have any pics of the gold goat/panda coin?

over     $2 thousand.i can notbuy..hope  :confused1: