Author Topic: Post your newest modern Chinese coin  (Read 441607 times)

Offline badon

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Post your newest modern Chinese coin
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2011, 10:35:40 PM »
my channel is a metal detecting channel, so this clip is "hidden", but I post it here to show the latest additions to the 5 yuan silver series..

cheers!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrVtXfuUcBo

When you were showing your favorite Chinese coin websites, you started with this one, and I got so excited when you went looking for another one to show - I guess I was hoping my articles at LBC would make it into your video!

Very enjoyable to watch your videos by the way. Sometimes I want a break from reading and replying, you know?

Offline DiggingNorway

• Gold Source
« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2011, 07:50:57 AM »
A picture tells a thousand word or something... I'm nit sure what LBC is... I just showed the sites that had helped me a lot identifying the coins,,
br

Offline DiggingNorway

• Gold Source
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2011, 11:54:38 AM »
I am very excited
I just bought a 5 yuan 1/20 oz gold panda 1998 for 90 USD from a coindealer in a city west of the capitol.
I dont know if its a large or small date yet, I didnt want to ask, I just wanted them to send it ASAP while still holding my breath and hide my exicitment on the phone... They must have priced this one seriuosly wrong?? :confused1:

I also picked up a 1997 1/20 oz for 80 USD... It will arrive in a couple of days and I'll post some photos...

I do have a good feeling about this one though  :drool:

Online r3globe

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2011, 12:26:33 PM »
It looks like you are doing some "urban"/"telephone" treasure hunting :) Are they mint sealed?

Offline DiggingNorway

• Gold Source
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2011, 12:40:36 PM »
No, they are in capsules. I have never seen a mint sealed or PCGS/NCG sealed panda here in Norway.-
They are sold from a numistmatic shop with many many years experience, so I guess they would spot a fake one, but you never know..... I have never seen a fake panda here in Norway, if it turns out to be fake I can always return them and get my money back, its a small country  :biggrin:

It doesent seem like many of the coin shops are participating in the panda marked or giving it alot of attention, many times they buy them for gold/silver spot + whatever margin the seller can argue for and the dealer belive he can push forward, and sell them with their normal margin to move coins fast.

One do add extra margins for pandas (they are too high many of them in my opinion; I dont want to pay 100 USD for silver 2008 panda! however this is only one shop, and I try not to do business with them as their policy seems to be - "lets just pump up the price and with time it will be sold" (that way they dont have to adjust their prices so often and they have thousands of thousands of coins and apperantly not too concerned with their working capital since they sell modern rubbish collectorcoins of coppernickel with huge profits to clueless collectors that belives that one day, one day, that 40.000 mintage World Cup in Biathlon Copper Coin will be very valuable (and they pay 100-200 USD for it in a nice box and a "certificate" (that if you hold it too a special light reads: you've been fooled sucker)!), but few of them have any detailed knowlegde...  I'll post photos of them when they arrive

also demand is not very high either.... I pray it will sta this way for a while  :001_smile:

Offline DiggingNorway

• Gold Source
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2011, 12:53:21 PM »
thanks for the tip, I will check it out.

Offline Straitssettlementshop

« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2011, 12:24:13 PM »
Hello again,
I'm now posting another one of my favourite panda coin. It is a 1989 MUNICH INTERNATIONAL COIN FAIR   1/2oz. (GRADED BY PCGS PR69)Face Value : Medal Weight   : 1/2oz. Content   : .999gold Diameter : 27mm Quality   : Proof Mintage   : 1500

Happy Viewing.

Andrew

Offline badon

« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2011, 01:26:23 PM »
Nice coin, and so rare. You take excellent photos, thanks for showing me this beautiful coin. Munich expo coins are popular, and getting more expensive very quickly.

Offline Panda Halves

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2011, 01:23:35 PM »
1994-P 50Y
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 01:33:52 PM by Panda Halves »

Offline Straitssettlementshop

« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2011, 01:26:36 PM »
PandaHalve,
It's nice if you could provide some information about the coin.

Offline Panda Halves

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2011, 02:38:08 PM »
1994 1/2 Ounce Panda
Face Value: 50Y
Coin Weight: 1/2oz.
Content: .999gold
Diameter: 27mm Quality   
Proof Mintage: Unknown (Maximum 2500)

I'll know more about the grade when it gets through the NCS/NGC process.

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2011, 05:36:49 PM »
It looks like a nice coin. Good luck.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
http://www.pandacollector.com

Offline DiggingNorway

• Gold Source
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2011, 05:57:04 PM »
I have contact with a bullion dealer and he has some gold 1 oz in its original PVC cover...
but I wonder... did they really come in the soft(?) PVC cover, with no hardcapsule inside??
I mean, this offer very little protection for the coins no?
I have seen pictures of gold pandas that are in a hard round cover, and the soft PVC covering them?

Did they come originally like this? (photo)
He has 1985, 1987 and 1989 on offer for aprox 10% over spot .... but I am afraid they are damaged... on the other hand.. if they were sent in for grading and get agood grade... woulden 10% over spot be a very good price to buy them for??

(this photo has a damaged PVC cover.. so he was willing to sell it at a discount...

he receives them fra a bullion distributor from the US....  what do you think?

Offline DiggingNorway

• Gold Source
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2011, 05:57:49 PM »
like tha photo Panda Halves just posted ABOVE, it seems like it has both the hard plastic round, and the PVC.... whats the story here?

Online r3globe

• Supporter
« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2011, 06:05:28 PM »
I think the proofs come in a capsule and the non proofs in soft vinyl pouch. I bought many pandas in the vinyl pouches. This is a 1987-S 1 Oz Gold Panda. Those often have copper spots. Does he have an image of the other side?