Author Topic: Post your newest modern Chinese coin  (Read 469129 times)

Offline Straitssettlementshop

• Trade Count: (+1)
Re: Post your newest modern Chinese coin
« Reply #165 on: April 16, 2011, 10:33:45 PM »
Such a beauty. Do you intend to send for grading ?

Underbidder

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #166 on: April 17, 2011, 12:26:16 AM »
 :001_tt1:

Offline Grip

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #167 on: April 20, 2011, 02:59:52 PM »
Just got this. NGC graded population is a total of 17 with 14 MS69. No idea what the PCGS numbers are, but the gold Peacocks don't show up often.

Underbidder

« Reply #168 on: April 20, 2011, 03:05:13 PM »
Hey Grip-- nice Peacock- BTW did you see how fast the 1996 100 Yuan MS69 you recently showed has risen in just days?  From $2100 as few days ago to today $2,850 and it sold within seconds of being put up.  WOW  :blink:

Offline Grip

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #169 on: April 20, 2011, 03:12:53 PM »
Hey Cous. I saw that too. Could just be a one off anomaly. Hope you are well....

Underbidder

« Reply #170 on: April 20, 2011, 03:26:30 PM »
Hmm... I think maybe that's the anomaloy.. from here on !  ;)
None up for auction on ebay, and any popping up being snatched instantly, I think what we may have here is the next year moving into  '95 and '98 status !

Offline happycoins II

« Reply #171 on: April 20, 2011, 11:51:07 PM »
Having seen the coins in the slapped holders with high grade and conservation, it reminds me about a brandname costumes and cosmetics which make the person who weares them look better. On the other hand, the coins with their original box, double sealed and COA remind me about natural beauty where the person who has it must be very proud, and that it is more interesting to preserve it.

I believe that their true beauty would depend on which angle that you prefer. :001_tt2:

Thank for reading this, and belows are Chinese modern coins that I recently acquired.

Happycoins 

Underbidder

« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2011, 12:07:55 AM »
HC,  for many coins I agree wholeheartedly !  I'd rather have any set still in the box, whether they be panda proof sets, bimetal sets, and I like the cultural figures in boxes too.  Actually, almost anything that came in a box, I like to keep in the box.  It keeps an aura of mystery about it.  What would it grade?  Hmmm...no one knows yet.. for sure... COULD be a 69... These are for myself.
On the other hand, if it came in just a plastic wrap like a panda, well, might as well have it in a slab, so long as its a 69. Easier to know price and sell when its time.

« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2011, 12:09:14 AM »
Happycoins,
WOW !! thanks for sharing such a scare coins you have here. Perhaps you could write some introduction of the coins you display so other know what is it all about.

Offline badon

« Reply #174 on: April 21, 2011, 01:23:35 AM »
I do keep the accessories too, if I've got them, but I'd never get excited about just the accessories. The coin is the star of the show, and some stars shine brighter than others, sometimes literally. In that case, I think of a graded coin like an athlete that's finally earned a spot on the Olympic team, while the ungraded coins are still in training...with European sweat and spit on them, haha :)

Underbidder

« Reply #175 on: April 21, 2011, 01:31:24 AM »
As long as they're still in their plastic wrap, that Euro-spit can wiped off easily !  :thumbup1:

Offline happycoins II

« Reply #176 on: April 21, 2011, 04:41:45 AM »
Happycoins,
WOW !! thanks for sharing such a scare coins you have here. Perhaps you could write some introduction of the coins you display so other know what is it all about.
As I can't read Chinese, I would refer to the information that I got from an auction house which claims that this set is the 1981 70th Anniversary of Revolution set, consisting of (i) a 400 Yuan 1/2 Oz .916 Gold Proof, Mintage 1500 pieces,and (ii) a 35 Yuan 1 Oz .916 Silver Proof, Mintage 4000 pieces.

This is a seldom seen set. I hope you like the picture.

Happycoins

« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2011, 04:45:23 AM »
As I can't read Chinese, I would refer to the information that I got from an auction house which claims that this set is the 1981 70th Anniversary of Revolution set, consisting of (i) a 400 Yuan 1/2 Oz .916 Gold Proof, Mintage 1500 pieces,and (ii) a 35 Yuan 1 Oz .916 Silver Proof, Mintage 4000 pieces.

This is a seldom seen set. I hope you like the picture.

Happycoins

Thanks for sharing it is a real beauty and scarce set. Do you intend to send for grading ?

Offline happycoins II

« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2011, 05:41:46 AM »
Thanks for sharing it is a real beauty and scarce set. Do you intend to send for grading ?
No, I like the natural beauty as it is.

Happycoins

Offline billtucker

• New
« Reply #179 on: May 06, 2011, 01:17:58 AM »
Wow guys :001_rolleyes:, I never knew that Chinese coins looks damm beautiful. I wish I could have one. Can any one guide me where to get one panda coin. Is it available online??? guys please help...