Author Topic: Block user?  (Read 25499 times)

Offline NBM

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
Block user?
« on: July 25, 2014, 04:54:05 AM »
Is it possible to implement a block user's posts so we are not bothered with trolls?

Offline Contrapunctus

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Block user?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 07:41:09 AM »
I would want to block this troll's messages:

http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=60775

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 08:16:16 AM »
I am blocked from making a reply on the "Ta Dah" topic of the 2000 MS 70 Mirror silver panda.   Here is my two cents....it was posted on this forum a 1995 W PF 70 Silver Eagle (one of 8 at that time) sold for $86,600 plus on Great Collections 2 yrs ago?    IF a Silver Eagle is worth that and there are several then why is a single MS 70 Mirror silver panda not worth $16,000?    Prices in this immature market are very low compared to the mature US rare coin market.   I agree w/ that Chinese expert at the Long Beach show when he said the rare Chinese coin market will surpass the rare US coin market.       Why am i blocked from the Ta Dah topic?............moderator response please.......

Offline Birdman

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+19)
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 09:10:21 AM »
I am blocked from making a reply on the "Ta Dah" topic of the 2000 MS 70 Mirror silver panda.   Here is my two cents....it was posted on this forum a 1995 W PF 70 Silver Eagle (one of 8 at that time) sold for $86,600 plus on Great Collections 2 yrs ago?    IF a Silver Eagle is worth that and there are several then why is a single MS 70 Mirror silver panda not worth $16,000?    Prices in this immature market are very low compared to the mature US rare coin market.   I agree w/ that Chinese expert at the Long Beach show when he said the rare Chinese coin market will surpass the rare US coin market.       Why am i blocked from the Ta Dah topic?............moderator response please.......

Pandamonium,

A moderator locked that particular thread from any additional posts because the tone had become overly negative.

As a reminder to all, please make sure your posts stay focused on constructive discussions of Chinese coins.  This forum should be a friendly community where people can spend their valuable time reading posts that share new information or insights on Chinese coins.  If the goal of your post is different from that, please don't post.

Birdman

Offline geoxxx

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 09:14:53 AM »
My apologies to the community if my discussion with a certain member had become overly "heated".
I will not mention it again and will let the community decide about the quality of the coin I listed.
But clearly I will think twice before listing another rare find.

Offline Birdman

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+19)
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 10:17:50 AM »

Geoxxx,

If you do think twice, I hope you still end up posting such items.  Whether it is you posting a photo of your gem, or wg posting his, or somebody else sharing, such additions are a valuable contribution to the forum.  Have a good day.

Birdman

Offline Contrapunctus

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 10:38:26 AM »
My apologies to the community if my discussion with a certain member had become overly "heated".
I will not mention it again and will let the community decide about the quality of the coin I listed.

As long as you treat every potential customer with respect, it shouldn't be a problem. Recall, I had talked to you nicely and politely about your coin today. But maybe you had a bad day with your boss or something, I shall overlook your manners today.

Do list all the rare finds you have, I just hope the prices would be more realistic.

Offline geoxxx

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 10:43:29 AM »
Geoxxx,

If you do think twice, I hope you still end up posting such items.  Whether it is you posting a photo of your gem, or wg posting his, or somebody else sharing, such additions are a valuable contribution to the forum.  Have a good day.

Birdman

Thank You Birdman,
I will think about it.  I was going to post a few other interesting finds but I will delay that for a while until things cool down.
But I will clearly no longer be commenting on posts from members whose Karma is below zero.

Offline Contrapunctus

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 11:04:48 AM »
You could have just ignored without mentioning it. Whatever way it rock your boat, suits you.

Offline NBM

• Supporter
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 12:32:17 PM »
I will leave this forum if this horse shit continues. I have lost karma points for posting this? This is ridiculous.

Offline GDG's

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2014, 02:30:17 PM »

Don't do that. I found it interesting that One graded 70. Within the past 6 months I sold a mirror in 69 to a member here for $1100, it also had no spots. He lives in the southwest where there is little humidity so I think no wsod if he stores properly. I do believe proper storage is key.

I too have a few 70's (Au) MCC. I was very glad to get them and will not sell them. I do need to check them every 3 months(safety deposit box).

You said, "no spots" so case closed for me. If others see spots fine. I take posters and sellers at there word unless I have had a problem. I have never had a single problem from a seller or buyer with MCC yet. Everyone is getting a bit hypersensitive in this regard. I hope your coin finds a nice home. If nothing else the wsod controversy should bring awareness to proper storage.

Offline geoxxx

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2014, 02:38:33 PM »
Don't do that. I found it interesting that One graded 70. Within the past 6 months I sold a mirror in 69 to a member here for $1100, it also had no spots. He lives in the southwest where there is little humidity so I think no wsod if he stores properly. I do believe proper storage is key.

I too have a few 70's (Au) MCC. I was very glad to get them and will not sell them. I do need to check them every 3 months(safety deposit box).

You said, "no spots" so case closed for me. If others see spots fine. I take posters and sellers at there word unless I have had a problem. I have never had a single problem from a seller or buyer with MCC yet. Everyone is getting a bit hypersensitive in this regard. I hope your coin finds a nice home. If nothing else the wsod controversy should bring awareness to proper storage.

GDG, I agree that storage is key.
Although I have seen some spots on MCC sheets that I have purchased directly from China, I have never had a spotless coin that has been slabbed, turn on me.
Is it just luck or is it my overly dry apartment?  I don't know.   
But I do keep all my coins in a dark dry place and I've had them that way for more than 2 years and the still look fine.
Personally I though the NGC and PCGS slabs were hermetically sealed, so this is really the first time I have even heard of spots developing in a slabbed coin.

Offline NBM

• Supporter
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2014, 03:02:58 PM »
To All,

This disruptive negative influence was allowed to run wild for too long already IMO.
Serious discussions are continually interrupted... upper end experts, collectors and dealers are insulted with impunity.
In the bigger picture, the US MCC market suffers damage when the premier US English site allows this type of behavior.
Ultimately, the owner and mods are the only ones who can stop this nonsense... that it was allowed it to continue is troubling.
Seeing this makes me question and regret my interests (and investments) in MCC.

Offline SANDAC

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+8)
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2014, 06:08:13 PM »
Contrapunctus is banned for 14 days, http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=6816.0

This is the first CCF ban since nov 2012.  We are reluctant to ban a member and want to give him/her all the benefit of doubt and plenty of time for personal growth as well as plenty of warnings both in Private Message as well as public cautions.  But alas, it didn't work out.  Speaking strictly for myself, I apologize for the slow and long deliberation which was four months in making but (again, speaking just for myself) I certainly will move much faster if the problem persists.

Offline NBM

• Supporter
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2014, 06:48:02 PM »
Thank you and the other moderators for dealing with this unpleasant issue.

I've heard it said that every family needs a "dog killer".
Someone who will take the responsibility to relieve the suffering (of all) and take the dog to the vet to be put down when the time comes.
It is neither pleasant or easy but it is necessary.
Personally I struggle when dealing with innocent animals.
People, not so much...

Offline jleary

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+6)
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2014, 11:14:55 AM »

Please don't stop posting such rare coins. I am relatively new to this forums and find this and others that post rare and beautiful coins very intriguing and quit enjoyable to look at.