Author Topic: Is this the 2013 Wutai silver medal original mint packaging????  (Read 25892 times)

Offline mmissinglink

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Is this the 2013 Wutai silver medal original mint packaging????
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2014, 11:37:23 AM »
The sealing pattern of  pouch with bag inside in wg's picture is not Shenyang Mint. It is resealed by somebody.

How can you be certain, Ponocopenn? I need to know because I will have to confront the seller because the picture of the medal inside the baggie is the medal that was shipped to me and it was stated in the auction that this is the original mint double sealing.

So, I have been told a lie by the person I purchased from?...this is very disappointing as this seller should have either known or if didn't know, should have found out. Can anyone here confirm what Ponocopenn is stating?

Thank you.

barsenault

« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2014, 11:42:54 AM »
You have made a confusing statement. wg posted 2 pictures. They are both different medals. One of them is my medal....the other isn't. So how can you say that the medal is re-sealed if there's 2 different medals and they are both sealed in a different way? Is one picture depicting the original packaging or are none of those the original packaging? It's important for me to understand this. Which one of the 2 pictures is not original mint packaging...the left or right picture?

Thanks you.

I could be crazy, wouldn't surprise my wife. LOL, but I think the left one is original package, and the other with the sandwich bag (which I have, urrrrgh) is resealed.  Better not be so, because Lucky will have some explaining to do, or I'll never order from him again!!!

Offline mmissinglink

« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2014, 11:47:07 AM »
Sorry, there is no English website to discuss Chines medal, except CCF.

Here is the website of Shanghai Mint. The page shows pictures of medals issued recently.

http://www.shmintjp.com/

Here is website of Shenyang Mint. The page show pictures of products issued recently.

http://www.sy-mint.com/Product.asp

The Shenyang Mint website is not a good source for discerning what the original mint packaging of the Wutai silver medal is supposed to look like. http://www.sy-mint.com/ProductShow.asp?ID=257

Is there any official website which shows pictures of what the original packaging is supposed to look like?

Offline mmissinglink

« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2014, 11:54:32 AM »
I could be crazy, wouldn't surprise my wife. LOL, but I think the left one is original package, and the other with the sandwich bag (which I have, urrrrgh) is resealed.  Better not be so, because Lucky will have some explaining to do, or I'll never order from him again!!!

Lucky, AS FAR AS i KNOW, didn't advertise that his medal was in the original mint packaging so I think he is off the hook if it turns out the medal inside the baggie is not the original mint packaging. but the seller I purchased it from did advertise in his auction double sealed original mint packaging. It's one thing to sell it in a re-sealed packaging if you don't advertise that it's original and it's another thing to sell in re-sealed if you are advertising that it's original mint packaging.

I am quickly becoming distrusting of some of the Chinese sellers on eBay so please someone confirm whether or not ponocopenn is correct or not. Ponocopenn, what is your source for your claim about the original packaging?

Thank you.

barsenault

« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2014, 02:12:22 PM »
Lucky, AS FAR AS i KNOW, didn't advertise that his medal was in the original mint packaging so I think he is off the hook if it turns out the medal inside the baggie is not the original mint packaging. but the seller I purchased it from did advertise in his auction double sealed original mint packaging. It's one thing to sell it in a re-sealed packaging if you don't advertise that it's original and it's another thing to sell in re-sealed if you are advertising that it's original mint packaging.

I am quickly becoming distrusting of some of the Chinese sellers on eBay so please someone confirm whether or not ponocopenn is correct or not. Ponocopenn, what is your source for your claim about the original packaging?

Thank you.

missing, facts are in.  I got my 2 Wutai medals from Thincat.  and guess what?  They too had the sandwich bags in side. So both Thincat and Lucky sent the identical packages...so my mind is now at peace...although FEDEX crashed the package, geesh.  Bad job packaging. 

Offline fwang2450

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2014, 05:53:50 PM »
The sealing pattern of  pouch with bag inside in wg's picture is not Shenyang Mint. It is resealed by somebody.
Is this in the Shenyang Mint seal?

Offline mmissinglink

« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2014, 06:12:01 PM »
fwang, is that a picture of the Wutai medal as it comes shipped from the Shenyang Mint? If yes, is it an authoritative source that supplied the picture?

Thanks for helping to clear this up.

barsenault

« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2014, 06:34:37 PM »
Is this in the Shenyang Mint seal?

Has to be.  Because the two separate orders I received from 2 separate dealers have the same thing.  Although I found it interesting that the #445 and #443 have the red zip line, and the 991 has clear line on the baggie...but both have baggies.  

barsenault

« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2014, 06:35:49 PM »
fwang, is that a picture of the Wutai medal as it comes shipped from the Shenyang Mint? If yes, is it an authoritative source that supplied the picture?

Thanks for helping to clear this up.

I think he's asking the same question we are. LOL.  And I'm saying it has to be the official packaging, because I got 2 different orders from 2 different times...and they all have the baggie!!

Offline mmissinglink

« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2014, 07:41:57 PM »
Just because 2 separate dealers on eBay ship the same product in a similar packaging doesn't necessarily mean that both sellers are not getting their stock from different sources and doesn't mean that this source isn't re-sealing the item.

Offline mmissinglink

« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2014, 07:44:03 PM »
That's why I asked ponocopenn for his source of claim. If it is an official source (like the Shenyang Mint for example), then I will trust it.

And yes, Barsenault, I think maybe you are right, fwang is inquiring not making a statement with his photo.

Offline fwang2450

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2014, 08:06:53 PM »
That's why I asked ponocopenn for his source of claim. If it is an official source (like the Shenyang Mint for example), then I will trust it.

And yes, Barsenault, I think maybe you are right, fwang is inquiring not making a statement with his photo.
Since the packaging in wg's post, which is confirmed by ponocopenn as from Shenyang Mint, is from thincat00's listing, why not ask him directly?

Thincat's listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/China-2013-80-Grams-Silver-Medal-Wutai-from-Shenyang-Mint/161284570481?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222003%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D22466%26meid%3D6500800244624124518%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D9735%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D161235281753&rt=nc

barsenault

« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2014, 09:16:43 PM »
Since the packaging in wg's post, which is confirmed by ponocopenn as from Shenyang Mint, is from thincat00's listing, why not ask him directly?

Thincat's listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/China-2013-80-Grams-Silver-Medal-Wutai-from-Shenyang-Mint/161284570481?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222003%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D22466%26meid%3D6500800244624124518%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D9735%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D161235281753&rt=nc

Here is what Thincat wrote.  "a short one: all wuTai and putuo can NOT be fake, regardless their sealing pattern. ill write you more on this in a few minutes..."  Sent from Huawei Mobile.

By the way, I sent him both pictures...one he has on eBay, and the one with the red zip lock baggie.  I think we are good, but I'll pass on what he says.  Thanks.

Offline mmissinglink

« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2014, 10:29:12 PM »

I asked thincat several days ago. I actually have found thincat to be pleasant to deal with and responsive to my emails....I like thincat. But sometimes sellers either are mistaken or flat out lie. I don't want to accuse someone of something that I have no evidence for. That's why I asked ponocopenn for a source and asked if anyone else can corroborate ponocopenn's claim. I am not assuming ponocopenn's claim is accurate or false....I am looking for verification or refutation of his claim with the backing of some official source.

Maybe getting the question answered (what does the original mint packaging look like?) is a lot more difficult than I initially assumed. I thought it would be an easy question to answer.

It would bejust like someone in China who speaks and writes no English who is deciding to buy a specific medal on eBay that was made by the Medallic Art Company and 2 different sellers are selling the same medal. The Chinese buyer wants to buy the medal with the original mint packaging because it's important to him.  One, but not the other, eBay sellers states in his auction listing that the medal comes in its original mint packaging so the Chinese buyer pays more to buy it because of the claim the one seller makes in his auction listing.

The Chinese buyer is a member of a forum where people have a common interest in medals from America. These forum members not only speak very good Chinese, but some speak and write perfect English. So the Chinese buyer asks any of these members if they can verify what the original mint packaging of the American made medal looks like....thinking that because some of them speak and write English that they may be able to obtain information about an American made medal that the Chinese buyer can not possibly obtain because he speaks and writes no English. Then, one or more of the English speaking forum member would be able to easily translate the English information about the American medal into Chinese and inform the Chinese buyer what the original mint packaging looks like by providing a source of the information....whether that source was through an internet page or the words of a customer service personnel at the Mint.

Offline silverstar1

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2014, 10:41:29 PM »
This is a tricky one but could it be that since it is not an official coin the guidelines are a little more relaxed, could they both be OMP? the seals look similar in the pictures. Could it be that they had complaints of rubbing so they changed to the bag inside the seal or viceversa where they sealed with the bag and had complaints so they switched to just sealed with no bag , or no complaints but just changed it ? just a thought but seems as likely as either being resealed. As for Thincat I personally have dealt with him for years and have to say he is my favourite PM dealer hands down whether domestic or international, I can assure any here he would not engage in any purposeful deceptive practice!