Author Topic: ebay "Bid retraction and cancellation" - question  (Read 1482 times)

Offline Gilmore

• Trade Count: (+6)
ebay "Bid retraction and cancellation" - question
« on: March 05, 2014, 10:37:32 PM »
On one of the items I put for an auction the highest bid was cancelled today by ebay with a remark "not a registered user" - http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p2047675.l2565&rt=nc&item=121283499269

The user (who had only 1 feedback) was sitting on the bid for 7 days before it was cancelled by the system. What does 'not a registered user' really mean?

Are bidders with zero or one feedback a concern? I read on other forums that some sellers cancel bids from users with little or no feedbacks to avoid problems. Morally I cannot do so as I believe there are honest people out there. Also, once I was a new user myself. I am a very small seller but on the few items I have listed for an auction there always were bidders with zero or one feedback. What is your experience with new users?

Offline PandaOrLunar

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: ebay "Bid retraction and cancellation" - question
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 10:46:31 PM »
Usually "Not a Registered User" means this user is suspended by eBay for some form of violation.

I'm more concern with user with history of excess retraction then a new user.  As you said, all users are new user at one point in time.

Offline Gilmore

• Trade Count: (+6)
Re: ebay "Bid retraction and cancellation" - question
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 05:22:08 AM »
Appreciate you reply PandaOrLunar.

Thanks