Author Topic: Actual mintages  (Read 88169 times)

Underbidder

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Actual mintages
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2011, 03:44:24 AM »
Well that certainly answers the question.     :blink:  ?

Ah, no, I guess it still doesn't, does it?  

So... Once again,...Third time I've asked... where please, did you pull your hard number of 13,770 out of?  Never mind, I guess the answer is apparent.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 03:57:45 AM by Underbidder »

Offline peng_you

« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2011, 06:06:32 AM »

Pittsburgh should be a real eye opener for a lot of you.... I'll be bringing some guests and they would love the opportunity to sit down and discuss these matters with you.  There are some of you on this very forum who know exactly what I'm talking about.  Do I have an agenda?  Absolutely.

I'm just a big sucker for the truth.
Whats going on in Pittsburgh? I personally do not know what you are talking about, but sure do want to know the agenda. It might be interesting enough to make me attend.
Peng_you

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2011, 10:25:46 AM »
Chinese collectors just do not care too much about BU silver pandas

Yaaaayyyy !!! … This is great news … I’m loading up on bags of cheap pandas on my trip to China next year !!!  :001_smile:

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2011, 10:44:20 AM »
I have some questions for the Chinese speaking members of the Forum concerning the list of rankings by Huang Rui Yong.  Some of the coins seem to be very poorly ranked.  For instance, and there are many, in the platinum section he gives 4 stars to the 1994, and 1995 1/20th Pandas along with the 1997 1/10th ounce Panda.  That is a big disparity in value.  The 1997 is far more valuable.  There seem to be many items in the rankings with this problem.  Can someone elaborate?  Am I losing something in the translation?

IMO, Huang ranks the coins based on the information inside China. It may be different from outside China. For example, the current value of 1 oz 1990 pt panda is about 50% of 1996 pt unicorn, but both coins are 4 stars, while the current value of 1996 1/4 oz pt unicorn (4.5 stars) is slightly lower than 1996 1 oz pt unicorn. Time will tell if the rankings are reasonable. 

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2011, 10:52:40 AM »

I'm just a big sucker for the truth.

It's reassuring to hear that. Several of us here are still trying to learn the source for the 2006 200 Yuan mintage of 13,770 you quoted. You said it is listed, but not where. It would be appreciated if you could clarify this, as all of us here are interested in the truth, too. Since you are a P.I. that should be an easy one.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
www.pandacollector.com

Offline adamc4

« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2011, 11:43:49 AM »
Your protege said "As crazy as this $h!t sounds, about a year ago I witnessed a serious crime in Toronto..... As a result Im here as a material witness for the prosecution until this trial is over....

I've been a professional dealer for 18yrs now.... I've focused the last 7yrs on Modern Chinese coinage.......I travel to china 3 times a year and I purchased over $12,000,000.00 in Chinese Pandas, Unicorns, Peacocks, Gold, Silver, Platinum, of all denoms and sizes in just the last 18 months(much to the dismay of my Wife)..... I take this very serious.....it's my life."

You've kept a really low profile for buying $12,000,000 worth of coins in the past year and a half. Too bad the protege couldn't cough up $8500 for a mirrored coin.

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2011, 12:28:55 PM »
Registered member of China Gold Coins Inc can subscribe to new issued coins directly at when issued price (usually 50% of the market price in recent issues), similar to the program of US Mint. If I remember correctly, the total members were over 1,500 in 2000. Majority members are collectors and will hold those coins for a long time. Most likely those coins will not be circulated in the market place and will not be counted in any population estimate outside China. Huang may have additional information about this group of collectors. China Gold Coins Inc had no longer to accept new member for coin subscription two years ago, and with limitation of purchasing to 1 set per issue.

The total planned mintage for 2000 1 oz silver panda is 169,000; 100,000 for export version and 69,000 for domestic version. To the best of my knowledge, China Mint has not issued any revised mintage information of BU silver pandas. The planned mintage of 69,000 is the lowest vs. other known planned mintages of BU 1 oz silver pandas.

There were documents to indicate that large quantities of pre-2001 coins were melted by Shanghai and Shenyang in 2001, but no document to suggest that any melted down of coins were done by China Mint after 2001. The actual mintages of BU gold pandas, including 2006, were published by Bank of China in February 2006. In 2006, the market of modern Chinese coins started to move upward. IMO, there is no reason to suggest that China Mint will melt down any gold pandas after 2006 and unconfirmed acutal mintage of 13,770 (vs. 25,600 of offically published actual mintage) for 2006 1/2 oz gold panda is just  against the trend for China Mint to issue significantly more gold pandas after 2006.

Coinslinger

« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2011, 02:49:07 PM »
"Your protege said "As crazy as this $h!t sounds, about a year ago I witnessed a serious crime in Toronto..... As a result Im here as a material witness for the prosecution until this trial is over...."

Ok, THAT is definitely NOT our former employee, unless he was holding out on us.  That's just plain weird and it has nothing to do with me or our company.  And frankly it sounds made up.  Btw, Adam..?  I'd be glad to buy your 2000 100Y 1oz. Gold Mirrored Ring Panda.....just let me know.

The source of the 2006 200Y Gold Panda is two people, a former Mint employee and and a former Pandaamerica employee.... I'm shocked that this seems either new or unknown to the folks on here(especially those who write books).  You're acting as if this is some sort of outrageous inaccurate claim.  This just in: IT's MINOR.  It's not going to turn the coin into a $$$$$$ Rarity over night, it's just a good prospect. PERIOD.  No mystery here.

Lighten up folks!  I sure don't want to cause someone to have a Heart Attack or a Nervous Breakdown over the mintage of an insignificant bullion piece, if the data turns out to be incorrect,  I'll be ok with that.... it's not the end of the World.

Underbidder

« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2011, 03:28:36 PM »

That's just plain weird

The source of the 2006 200Y Gold Panda is two people,   You're acting as if this is some sort of outrageous inaccurate claim.  This just in: IT's MINOR.    No mystery here.

Lighten up folks!  I sure don't want to cause someone to have a Heart Attack or a Nervous Breakdown over the mintage of an insignificant bullion piece, if the data turns out to be incorrect,  I'll be ok with that.... it's not the end of the World.

Right, it's all weird all right. Bizarre actually. To the point of being a mildly amusing story.  ;). I mean, crime, mystery, suspense, innuendo? Wow!
Right, it's minor.

I still don't see nothing that even remotely resembles any substantiated data. Numbers are supposed to come from somewhere. Yeah, it's reasonable to question sources so we know the numbers aren't just pulled out of someone's.....  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 03:39:27 PM by Underbidder »

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2011, 04:27:50 PM »
People should be able to amiably state their opinions and ideas about anything related to chinese coins without being ridiculed. I have seen people throw out random numbers of what they perceive to be actual mintages without being grilled about where their supporting documentation is.

Regardless of who they are, when people start getting attacked for making a general comment or an opinion of theirs, it then makes other members, especially new members, apprehensive about posting anything.

I agree … people need to lighten up.

For what it’s worth I will stick to Peter Anthony’s book as I have yet to see anyone else even come close to what he has published and expend the amount of time and resources he has put into Chinese Pandas. With that being said I do find it interesting when others post possibly different mintage information than what is already accepted.

Underbidder

« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2011, 04:37:10 PM »
Right you are.  ;)

"" I'm shocked that this seems either new or unknown to the folks on here(especially those who write books.""

"You guys are funny, anyone who comes out of the woodwork and calls any of you out.... You really take it personal"

I don't think anybody was taking it personal.  Just polite requests for substantiation.  A listing is that, something published. We're dying to know.

Never mind.
This has taken a turn from theater, to boring.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 04:51:04 PM by Underbidder »

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
« Reply #116 on: September 04, 2011, 04:55:24 PM »
theater to boring to rediculous  :biggrin:

Underbidder

« Reply #117 on: September 04, 2011, 05:02:15 PM »
You may be missing a valuable clue here...

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+47)
« Reply #118 on: April 24, 2012, 02:22:36 AM »
Lol, most interesting thread here at CCF!

To stay on topic, is it presumed that the planned mintage of 8K 1996 silver proof pandas was reached?

Dragons_Are_Silly

« Reply #119 on: April 24, 2012, 02:32:17 AM »

(what WAS the topic?)