Author Topic: 35th anniv. pandas---10 days countdown---how you like the designs?  (Read 2137 times)

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+47)
Re: 35th anniv. pandas---10 days countdown---how you like the designs?
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2017, 12:17:11 PM »
I'm sure Robert Mish will have them. Search "Mish Int'l Monetary Inc" to find his site.

Offline Rarityhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2017, 12:28:51 PM »
The sale in Hong Kong is yet to start. Some people might already got their coin yesterday. I heard that one Shanghai Bank was selling the bimetallic one at about US$2200 yesterday, which must have sold out quite quick. Each retailer in China gold coin(CGC) company's network only get 8-15 of those bimetallic ones, with 4922 pcs to be distributed by the 4 branches of CGC in Beijing, Shanghai & Shenzhen, among those 360 pcs to be drawn from the gold coin company's website. Official price is about US$1993. But online prices on Taobao (Chinese equivalent of Ebay) is already at $2500+ to $2800.

Offline Rarityhunter

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2017, 12:36:40 PM »
http://www.chngc.net/zhuanti/2017/panda35/hmd.html

Only 480pcs is allocated to China Great Wall Coin Inv. Ltd. in Hong Kong.
The CGC's Beijing Retailing centre got the largest portion of 3602 pcs, which is quite interesting. I guess those must have already been booked.

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+47)
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2017, 02:24:22 PM »
New releases always seem to be overpriced by the time they are offered to US consumers. Furthermore, they can usually be found for lower than the initial offering price within 24 months. Even thought the coin is well designed, I'd wait to buy it. 

Offline 1003

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2017, 04:18:33 PM »
I would also wait. The so-called "issue prices" are RMB 13,500, 2550 and 280 for the 30 g gold, 5 g gold and 15 g silver, respectively.

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2017, 04:43:35 PM »
So it looks like there was no allocation for the US market (or any oversea market). If this policy continues longterm collector interest may turn elsewhere.

I sure won't buy at inflated prices!
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline Rarityhunter

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2017, 10:44:30 PM »
Wait and see...however the mintage is relatively small, comparing to other new releases. With distribution across China only got allocated small number, it looks like almost a winner-take-all scenario. There is nothing new in this world.

Another side of the world, for the 2017 krugerrand,  the original price for 1oz proof silver is well below 100bucks, while the current price is over $250. 2015 Italian 70 year's peace in Europe, original price is less than 100 EUR, recent trade on eBay and other source are between 250-400 EUR. It seems that low price items with relatively small mintage is easily manipulated. While for high price items like the bimetallic one, just to see what will happen. Panda will be a mirror reflecting either good or evil in us.

I hope these 35th anniversary coins will draw new people to the tiny modern coin circle in China.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2017, 08:36:58 AM »
Tiny modern coin circle in China?    Are collectors in China that few?......please give more details....

Offline Rarityhunter

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2017, 08:54:35 AM »
Well, tiny when comparing to the groups of stamp collectors, collector of old silver coins(pre 1949), or collector of banknotes. It's not that cheap items to have a large base, not that expensive in comparison to antiques and paintings, thus quite a specific group of people.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2017, 06:50:04 PM »
There are groups in China that collect Chinese silver dollars pre 1949, that is what i read too.      I have noticed and chatted w/ others about silver dollars becoming too expensive for most collectors.     It makes sense (to me) that the 5 C, 10 C, 20 C & 50 C small Empire silver dragons are undervalued.    I am seeing more demand and price increases for the small silver dragon designs on ebay and posted that on badon's site.     Could these graded small silver dragons catch fire w/ Chinese collectors like the silver dollars?.....

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2017, 09:24:39 PM »
Wait and see...however the mintage is relatively small, comparing to other new releases. With distribution across China only got allocated small number, it looks like almost a winner-take-all scenario. There is nothing new in this world.

Another side of the world, for the 2017 krugerrand,  the original price for 1oz proof silver is well below 100bucks, while the current price is over $250. 2015 Italian 70 year's peace in Europe, original price is less than 100 EUR, recent trade on eBay and other source are between 250-400 EUR. It seems that low price items with relatively small mintage is easily manipulated. While for high price items like the bimetallic one, just to see what will happen. Panda will be a mirror reflecting either good or evil in us.

I hope these 35th anniversary coins will draw new people to the tiny modern coin circle in China.

Once you register with the Royalmint and pay with credit card from overseas you can directly order any of their coins from their website and it gets delivered to you in the USA, Australia, and of course Europe without any problems. I am sure they deliver to some other parts of the world based on their experience with such areas. They send their coin enthusiasts email notifications within some hours of coins appearing on their website.

I believe the Chinese mints can set up such a system so that oversea buyers can have the same opportunity to acquire coins at release prices subject to availability. I have never had problems receiving coins ordered from our eBay China based sellers. So there shouldn't be any problems with the Mints shipping to certain parts of the world especially if they use the PayPal payment system.

I guess all I am saying is that Chinese coin collectors are international; in fact an international brotherhood and sisterhood of coin collection enthusiasts. International Panda coin collectors are what made these coins successful at the begining, when their collection was banned in China. Despite the potential population mass of indigenous Chinese coin collectors any astute CEO of the Mints would recognize the importance of maintaining a vast international network of own coin collectors to complement the local network.

IMO!
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline Rarityhunter

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2017, 10:54:27 PM »
There are groups in China that collect Chinese silver dollars pre 1949, that is what i read too.      I have noticed and chatted w/ others about silver dollars becoming too expensive for most collectors.     It makes sense (to me) that the 5 C, 10 C, 20 C & 50 C small Empire silver dragons are undervalued.    I am seeing more demand and price increases for the small silver dragon designs on ebay and posted that on badon's site.     Could these graded small silver dragons catch fire w/ Chinese collectors like the silver dollars?.....

I don't know much about the old silver dollars, maybe because of being cautious of fake items, I was told even items in slabbed coins might be fake. They are generally way more expensive than modern ones for those at top grade.

Offline Rarityhunter

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2017, 10:57:02 PM »
Once you register with the Royalmint and pay with credit card from overseas you can directly order any of their coins from their website and it gets delivered to you in the USA, Australia, and of course Europe without any problems. I am sure they deliver to some other parts of the world based on their experience with such areas. They send their coin enthusiasts email notifications within some hours of coins appearing on their website.

I believe the Chinese mints can set up such a system so that oversea buyers can have the same opportunity to acquire coins at release prices subject to availability. I have never had problems receiving coins ordered from our eBay China based sellers. So there shouldn't be any problems with the Mints shipping to certain parts of the world especially if they use the PayPal payment system.

I guess all I am saying is that Chinese coin collectors are international; in fact an international brotherhood and sisterhood of coin collection enthusiasts. International Panda coin collectors are what made these coins successful at the begining, when their collection was banned in China. Despite the potential population mass of indigenous Chinese coin collectors any astute CEO of the Mints would recognize the importance of maintaining a vast international network of own coin collectors to complement the local network.

IMO!

Brother,  We'll need to be practical.
http://www.nytimes.com/2000/10/29/world/leader-of-china-angrily-chastises-hong-kong-media.html

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2017, 12:26:36 AM »

I don't know much about the old silver dollars, maybe because of being cautious of fake items, I was told even items in slabbed coins might be fake. They are generally way more expensive than modern ones for those at top grade.

I know there is great caution of fakes in slabs and the graders have made mistakes.    Was told the fake small silvers are a different thickness but the design is very close to genuine so the fakers are highly skilled.    However i trust NGC and PCGS and that is why i say buy graded only.    If we cannot trust NGC and PCGS then why buy anything from China?     The amount of sales and price increase for these small Empire silvers are surprising as the market is flat for MCC.     Maybe as this segment of the market rises it will signal a upcoming increase in demand for MCC.....

Offline pandaberlin

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2017, 08:23:21 AM »
I love the design :-) Does anyone have some real life images of those great coins?