Author Topic: New Coins and Medals of Interest  (Read 510 times)

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
New Coins and Medals of Interest
« on: April 09, 2017, 10:29:17 AM »
Although there is merit in collecting early release modern Chinese coins and medals (e.g. Pre-2010) I believe that Chinese coin collection, as a hobby, will slowly wither and die if collectors do not embrace (meritous and/or interesting) new releases.

I would like to see if collectors of new release coins can give insight into some of the coins and medals they either collect or may be interested in. You can post coin photos or any other materials. You can also paste links to other threads or posts in this forum.

Please share your insight and other details on these new releases. Advice is good. You also do not need to specify a particular coin or medal but offer general comments.

Which "new" coins have you enjoyed collecting?

Thanks and best wishes.

KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
Re: New Coins and Medals of Interest
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 08:09:32 AM »
I have enjoyed collecting the Shanghai Mint Chinese Classical Garden medals. They showcase important aspect of Chinese culture and history, issues that will be relevant for a long time.

I particularly like the contrasts highlighted on the antique silver 2013 Lan Tin medal. The Geyuan medal was an interesting release! The Walkway design on the 2014 Summer Palace Corridor has a depth that may not be appreciated unless you look at in under magnification.

Photos and additional resources are on this long running thread: http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=11056.0

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
Re: New Coins and Medals of Interest
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 12:41:15 AM »
Which new issue lunar coin set is the best to collect? (Silver, gold or colorized?)