Author Topic: 1994 15th world cup football (soccer) 3.3 oz silver  (Read 415 times)

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
1994 15th world cup football (soccer) 3.3 oz silver
« on: March 26, 2017, 02:17:59 PM »
Did some asking around and here is all the information i can come up with....

Mr Ge has 1,994 mintage for the gold version, none for silver.   A dealer in China says COA says same mintage for the big silver...
A few big dealers in the USA have not ever seen this medal.    The biggest dealer in China had one about 2 yrs ago and sold it.  He has not seen another since then.    A few dealers in China are looking for them now....
Last one on line was on Chinesemedals.com for under $600 but sold about 2 yrs ago.   Photos thanks to Chinesemedals.com..
TV show "60 minutes" had a program on China's push to win a World Cup.    China is investing in their youth to win a Cup so they take it seriously....
Could there be supply in Germany or Japan?   Did the Mint melt them in 95?   Probably unpopular due to USA map on reverse so maybe dealers melted them long ago....
NGC has pop of 4 total.   1 - PF 68, 3 - PF 69   same as last yr.    CCL says very rare....
Probably rarer than a Redneck w/ all of his teeth!  (heard that on TV)...
As winning the World Cup is the future goal for China, popularity of this soccer medal could pick up soon.   Only big silver soccer i know of and possibly rarest?.....time will tell...  any information you have will be greatly appreciated....

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: 1994 15th world cup football (soccer) 3.3 oz silver
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 09:10:46 AM »
After i posted, a dealer in China said at least 1/2 dozen came up for sale in Asia.       If they were common it would makes sense that maybe 50-100 plus would be available.    Have no clue to how many are out there but supply seems to be in Asia or China.    This medal is not a "quick buck Chuck" but a long term hold due to upcoming interest in China winning the World Cup and it is the only big silver 3.3 oz or 100 g w/ 1994 planned mintage. 

Ebay   152524166080  Dragonzeng has a OMP for $299.     First one to list on ebay that i have seen.   

For example it took a while for the 1982 Bank of China w/ 16,000 planned mintage to catch on too.    The supply was in Great Britain for what ever reason.    Prices were under $100 then jumped up to about $900 OMP for 1st Bank of China.    Up/down, up/down until supply finally dwindled and today 2 on ebay for $1,500 and higher.      8 months ago? one OMP came up for sale in GB for $450 but seller had zero sales.    Red flag.   It sold.    This Bank of China was not a quick buck Chuck but a good medal to own and prices will reflect that in its own time frame........

I recommend the 1994 World Cup big silver but we all have our own opinions......

Offline ccl

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • Chinese Coins Live, LLC.
Re: 1994 15th world cup football (soccer) 3.3 oz silver
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 10:48:53 AM »
 N34