Author Topic: between a piece of piedfort gold IYC and 4-5 sets of bronze age 1  (Read 439 times)

Offline Rarityhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Just wondering what people will choose from for two classical coins/coin sets.
It's interesting to comparing price. At its peak of both, the IYC must be much less value than bronze age 1, but the IYC price is quite solid for the past few years.

Offline ccl

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • Chinese Coins Live, LLC.
Re: between a piece of piedfort gold IYC and 4-5 sets of bronze age 1
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 12:03:16 PM »
The IYC Piedfort coin has been valued more than a 1981 4 Coin Gold Bronze Age Finds Proof Set, by some margin, for as long as I remember. Even 1979, the issue price for the Piedfort was substantial in the ~$4000-5000 range as I understand.

I agree that 4-5 sets of the 1981 gold set would equate in value to a single 1979 piefort.

Some colleagues don't see the 1979 piedfort as being so rare. They have handled in some cases 5-10+ of this coin over the years. I have had a couple of opportunities to own this piece, neither worked out. In one case, the lady sold it for close to spot (OOOPS).. this was at the peak of the market too. She called me with seller remorse trying to hook me up with the dealer she sold to. It was long gone at that point (< 24hrs).

Offline Rarityhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: between a piece of piedfort gold IYC and 4-5 sets of bronze age 1
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 07:55:14 PM »
I only have the opportunity to pass one IYC years ago. I think it quite depends on whether one want to choose investor mode or collector mode. In collector mode, if one doesn't have one IYC, he will probably hold onto that one, in an investor mode, a few sets of bronze age 1 will give you more buffer zone.

Seeing the newly issued coins in recent year listed in special exchange markets now in mainland China, you just don't know what will happen next to the rare ones in 1980s and 1990s, and pandas. Dramatically up and down of the price will probably shake off some people either investor or collector from arena.