Author Topic: Valentine Bamboo Panda Medals on Offer to Pricepedia Subscribers  (Read 10949 times)

Offline PandaOrLunar

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Valentine Bamboo Panda Medals on Offer to Pricepedia Subscribers
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2016, 11:25:29 PM »
Noooooooooooooooooo.  Not the same design.  Given the larger surface, I want creativity and more detail/design similar to the approach of the early panda where each size design is different. 

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2016, 12:35:45 AM »
Peter, i have contacted a few collectors to check out your heart silver pandas.    Strange, emotional and positive responses.     Your heart panda has the most popular design seen in a long time.      My suggestion is for a 5 oz heart silver panda.    Not a thick one as most new issue are, but a large diameter like the early issue.    Large diameter heart silver panda w/ same design as your 1 oz will be a big hit............

I am very happy that other people also like the Valentine Panda design. And the 5 oz. version is an excellent idea. Thank you.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2016, 12:36:17 AM »
Noooooooooooooooooo.  Not the same design.  Given the larger surface, I want creativity and more detail/design similar to the approach of the early panda where each size design is different. 

Wait and see.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+47)
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2016, 12:59:47 AM »
History shows that there is relatively little interest in large sized silver pandas, doesn't it? Recent year expo pandas certainly tell this story. And who here collects early large silver pandas?

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2016, 07:40:41 AM »
There are many that collect early year, large silver pandas and other large MCC.    That is why some carry a big price tag.    Due to large diameter they do not get high grades.     Last 1986 PF 69 HK Expo silver panda 12 oz i saw was about 2 to 3 yrs ago sold for under $2,500 as a example.    Many look to be undervalued for now.   
Out of curiousity how are sales of the heart silver panda?.......so far they are the best design of all new issue medals from the feedback i get.....

Offline PandaOrLunar

« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2016, 10:40:56 AM »
At some point, wasn't the 1996 12 oz silver with mintage I believe around 800 selling over 10K+?

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2016, 05:18:35 PM »
History shows that there is relatively little interest in large sized silver pandas, doesn't it? Recent year expo pandas certainly tell this story. And who here collects early large silver pandas?

The 1994 and 1997 large size silver Munich medals are examples of big ticket items. I think that size is not the only factor in popularity, or unpopularity, of numismatic items.

I can't help but add that large size modern Chinese coins lost a true friend and advocate when Nick Brown passed away. The consequences of that sad, untimely event are still being felt today and more than most people realize.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

Offline Stark

« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2016, 03:34:09 PM »
So folks what do you think about medal when holding it in hands? I like them a lot and can only hope this will continue (in some bigger sizes). :)

Offline 1003

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2016, 04:31:22 PM »
Ngc says it is a PF one, but the certificate does not say so. The COA mentions the word "bullion" but does not say explicitly it is mint state or proof. Comparing with some the bullion 1oz silver pandas and also some proof panda silver medals, I personally think it is more like an MS.

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2016, 10:00:37 PM »
The Valentine Panda is proof in quality. The language on the certificate is related to customs.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com