Author Topic: Valentine Bamboo Panda Medals on Offer to Pricepedia Subscribers  (Read 11033 times)

Offline 1003

• Trade Count: (+1)
Re: Valentine Bamboo Panda Medals on Offer to Pricepedia Subscribers
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2016, 12:43:43 PM »
I have been sending out the low number COAs with the initial orders. The offer for ungraded Valentine Pandas will end soon. If anyone wants to order there are still some available for the original $118.88. http://www.pandacollector.com/valentine-pandas-2016.html

There will be an offer for NGC-graded ones later, but at higher prices. There was a post earlier about Early Release labels. I don't know about this, but there will be a new label used for the Valentines.

Many thanks to everyone who has already subscribed to China Pricepedia and ordered the Valentine Pandas.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com
Yeah, I asked about the Early Releases thing. When will be the ngc graded ones be offered and will it also be offered through the new chinapedia issue? Thanks.

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2016, 01:12:22 PM »
Peter,

Do you know the sponsor of this medal?  I can not find inside China.

IMO, the issuance of this medal may have something to do with the very successful auspicious culture series (heart-shaped love coin is part of this series), started in 2015, with a mintage of silver coins at 60,000. 

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2016, 05:58:21 PM »
Peter,

IMO, the issuance of this medal may have something to do with the very successful auspicious culture series (heart-shaped love coin is part of this series), started in 2015, with a mintage of silver coins at 60,000. 

I had never seen it before, but there will be representatives of the Shenyang Mint at the Beijing Expo. I will ask about it. I wonder who designed it? It is old, though, so we need to find someone who remembers it.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2016, 06:06:37 PM »
Yeah, I asked about the Early Releases thing. When will be the ngc graded ones be offered and will it also be offered through the new chinapedia issue? Thanks.

Yes, they will be offered through China Pricepedia first. I don't know the exact date. It partly depends on how soon I can get back from China and when they arrive from NGC.

As an aside, China Pricepedia still has subscribers from its first issue in 2010 and, of course, many others since. It is my intention to always offer anything interesting to them first. Thank you, everyone.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2016, 08:26:56 PM »
Peter,

I had never seen it before, but there will be representatives of the Shenyang Mint at the Beijing Expo. I will ask about it. I wonder who designed it? It is old, though, so we need to find someone who remembers it.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

Peter,

I was referring to this Valentine panda silver medal.

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2016, 10:26:42 PM »
Peter,

I was referring to this Valentine panda silver medal.

Good question. I have no idea if these are connected to the Auspicious Culture series (which I like and own). The Valentine Pandas are a product of the Shenyang Mint. Your question should really be directed there.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

Offline harry eaton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2016, 03:19:06 AM »
trying to order a bamboo panda medal but PayPal links are not working for me... I'm a long time pricepedia subscriber

thanks

harry
harryeaton14@gmail.com

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2016, 03:44:19 AM »
trying to order a bamboo panda medal but PayPal links are not working for me... I'm a long time pricepedia subscriber

thanks

harry
harryeaton14@gmail.com

If anyone else is having PayPal problems please let me know. An invoice can be sent instead.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2016, 04:50:23 AM »
Peter,

After a day to reflect on this, I think that the Valentine Panda is not directly connected to the Auspicious Culture series. Perhaps it is an early part of a trend? I hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2016, 08:44:25 PM »
After a day to reflect on this, I think that the Valentine Panda is not directly connected to the Auspicious Culture series. Perhaps it is an early part of a trend? I hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

Peter,

This Valentine panda medal has a design issue. The moon does not associate with the happiness (快乐) as shown in the reverse design. Usually, it delineates the sadness for lovers who have to be separated far away and can not see each other in Chinese literatures. The better design will be to change the “happiness” to “think of you” (思念). This is the reason for me to wonder if the sponsor of this medal is not located in China, but foreign origin, who may want to take advantage of the very successful heart-shaped wedding (love) set in auspicious culture series, issued in last two years.

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2016, 03:28:11 AM »
Hi Poconopenn,

I think that design issues should be discussed with designer, or perhaps the Shenyang Mint itself.

The Valentine Panda is entirely designed by the Shenyang Mint and made at the Shenyang Mint. There is a COA to that effect. In addition, to my best knowledge, the words on it are the words of the Shenyang Mint. If you are asking if I chose those words, the answer is no. Perhaps there is more than one way to interpret the theme, or perhaps the artist had her own purpose?

I fell in love with the Valentine Panda the first time I saw it. It is really my honor to bring attention to the Shenyang Mint's, and especially Ms. Chang Huan's, outstanding work.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

Offline 1003

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2016, 12:35:36 PM »
I think the Valentine bamboo panda is actually one affiliated with the Hawaii HSNA show pandas. Apart from the heart shape, the design elements are highly like those of the HSNA pandas, e.g. the harvest moon, peonies, bamboos. Besides, they are all minted by the Shenyang mint at about the same time.

Offline GoldenLord

• Trade Count: (+6)
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2016, 04:24:49 PM »
Hi Peter,

the coin is shipped over Martin Weiss?

thx

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2016, 08:31:26 PM »
Hi Peter,

the coin is shipped over Martin Weiss?

thx

Yes, his company is handling the overseas shipping for me. I am sending out USA orders.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

Online Agpanda

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+3)
    • agpandas
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2016, 06:26:14 AM »
Mine arrived to Sweden today
They are beautiful
got COA 975 and 976  :biggrin:
Is it confirmed that the mintage is 980?