Author Topic: Interesting cash/spade/key/knife coins etc if anyone is able to help.  (Read 961 times)

Offline Xbet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New
Hello,
I was wandering if anyone could help me identify these coins any help would be greatly received, they were a gift from a family friend when he heard I was collecting coins and like Chinese art he gave me these. I can find out some types of the coins but not really any dates or great information on how to determine if they are old or a reproduction. Sorry for the poor pic quality there is a limit on uploading so I resized them if anyone wants any additional photos please ask.
Thank you for reading/responding.

Offline Chinasmith

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Interesting cash/spade/key/knife coins etc if anyone is able to help.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 02:31:16 AM »
The oval coins might be genuine; they are from Japan, made in the 1830's and fairly common, selling around $15. The broken knife coin might also be genuine, but is also common, selling for around $20 (unbroken). The Hsien Feng 50 cash from the Kiangsi Mint, might also be genuine, and is also common, worth around $25. All the other pieces are fake or fantasy (that is, no such coin was ever made). I can't tell anything about the large oval gold coin.