Author Topic: China Coin and/or Banknote Exchanges  (Read 22195 times)

Offline Rainbird

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: China Coin and/or Banknote Exchanges
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2015, 11:03:42 PM »
Hi,
I am interested in the Coin and/or Banknote Exchanges which are or have started up in China.

I note for example that the 1997 BU 10 Yuan 1oz Silver Unicorn is a Coin that is on or will be on one of the Exchanges.
This then begs the question as to whether the 1997 BU 5 Yuan 2/3oz Silver Unicorn may also be put on an Exchange -- and if not why not ?
There must be some sort of logic in selecting items to go on a Coin and/or Banknote Exchange.

Has anyone any idea what the logic or rationale is for selecting items to go on a China Coin and/or Banknote Exchange ?
Does anyone have an official list of the Coins and/or Banknotes actually on any of the Exchanges ?
Such a list may give a clue as to what may be listed on these exchanges in the future.

Many Thanks.
Best wishes.
Sequoia

It seems to me that the Exchange runs relatively independent to the real market. The price is generally higher, but I was told that the coins in inventory are guaranteed and in good condition.

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2016, 09:19:52 PM »
The Exchange Funds for Coin, Stamps and Banknotes inside China has been going down at a very speedy way during last two weeks. The total index of Nanjing Exchange reached new low at 1850 last Friday. The peak was 5530 in later April of 2015.

The attached tables, dated 8/18/2016, are for the coins currently listed at Nanjing Exchange. The valuation of many coins in Exchange are lower than actual market value at this moment. The first Table is for circulated coins and second Table is for PM coins.

4th column: actual market price
5th column: Exchange price
6th: %  Exchange price/market price

Offline Sequoia

« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2016, 06:56:37 AM »
Hi,
Thank you very much for the update.
Do you have a list of which coins and banknotes are on the exchanges -- IN ENGLISH ?
Best wishes.
Sequoia

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2017, 10:51:11 PM »
The total index of Nanjing Exchange Fund reached all time low 1624.24 yesterday and more than 30% dropped since new year, from 2466.48 on 1/3/17 to 1624.24 on 1/12/17.

Offline eric

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2017, 12:12:42 AM »
That is some good data, thanks. I also would love to know what kind of coins and banknotes are on the chart. Sounds like a great time to buy. Of course it could be like catching a falling knife in the short term, but it seems like the long term upside potential is huge based on how low the index has dropped.

Offline collectingcoins

« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2017, 02:36:16 PM »
heady reading, but very beneficial to have an understanding of the exchanges in china.  It appears that poconopenn predicted the future of these exchanges a couple years ago.  That was a good foretelling of what would happen in the future.  I hope more light can be shed on these exchanges now that many of them are shutting down operations.  How does it impact the prices of coins moving forward?  What specific coins or medals will be impacted?  This was very good educational reading. Thank you.

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2017, 02:07:29 AM »
heady reading, but very beneficial to have an understanding of the exchanges in china.  It appears that poconopenn predicted the future of these exchanges a couple years ago.  That was a good foretelling of what would happen in the future.  I hope more light can be shed on these exchanges now that many of them are shutting down operations.  How does it impact the prices of coins moving forward?  What specific coins or medals will be impacted?  This was very good educational reading. Thank you.

I recently checked and was assured that the larger exchanges are all still in operation.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
www.pandacollector.com

Offline wg

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2017, 02:16:14 AM »
( .. )
 What specific coins or medals will be impacted?  ....

:001_rolleyes:
 :001_tongue:

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2017, 02:36:31 AM »
:001_rolleyes:
 :001_tongue:

I'm certain that the ad and this topic are unrelated.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

Online pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2017, 08:53:45 AM »
I recently checked and was assured that the larger exchanges are all still in operation.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

It makes sense to me the Coin Exchanges should hold until we see a rise in bullion price.     Now that HK Gold Exchange and Shanghai Gold Exchange are slowly starting to have a influence in gold price instead of London Gold Price Fix, the exchanges should hang on a while longer.   
IF some do liquidate then it will be interesting how the hoard of coins will impact the market.     Dealers in Asia will not respond to questions about the liquidation of coins so they are probably getting ready to buy them up......

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2017, 05:14:21 PM »

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

On 6/29/2017, Nanjing Exchange, the oldest and largest Exchange, announced to stop trading all funds on 7/1/2017 until further notice.

http://www.zgqbyp.com/html/2017-6/201762976481.html

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2017, 07:15:20 PM »
On 6/29/2017, Nanjing Exchange, the oldest and largest Exchange, announced to stop trading all funds on 7/1/2017 until further notice.

http://www.zgqbyp.com/html/2017-6/201762976481.html

Thanks. The statement is brief, but seems to says the shutdown is for a temporary upgrade, not a liquidation. How temporary is temporary is left unsaid.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

Offline 1668Chris

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+11)
    • Coin Armour
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2017, 08:21:38 PM »
My favorite restaurant also closed temporarily for renovations and never reopened 😱

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2017, 02:21:58 PM »
IMO, Nanjing Exchange is "too big to fail". If Chinese authority is decided to shutdown this Exchange, the effects on the investors in this Exchange as well as other Exchanges will create a financial crisis. There are more than 100 billions RMB being invested in those Exchanges.

I believe, at the end, those owners involving in fraudulent activities will go to jail and other owners will have to inject more capital to meet the capital requirement of each fund. Hopefully, after reorganization, the Exchanges will be functioned as original intent. Eventually, the successful reorganization of Exchanges with new regulations to protect the investors will help the MCC market.