Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Fake Chinese Coins / Re: Welcome to modern Chinese Coins Newbie
« Last post by hanoisss on Today at 03:20:09 AM »
I agree with this opinion.
Introductions / Re: Introduction
« Last post by Agpanda on Yesterday at 05:21:01 AM »
Hi and welcome to the forum
China Imperial & Republic / Does anyone know about these coins?
« Last post by YKC on September 22, 2018, 01:13:00 PM »
These coins belonged to my great grandfather.  I am told they are genuine.  I am posting photos of them because I think I can get some answers from here.  I am wondering if these are worth anything.  Should I be taking care of them or not?  Thanks so much. 
« Last post by r3globe on September 22, 2018, 10:11:37 AM »
you are in the right place. welcome.
« Last post by bender9876 on September 22, 2018, 07:18:19 AM »
Welcome
China Imperial & Republic / Re: 1911 China coin to see is to believe
« Last post by Endeavour on September 21, 2018, 11:52:37 PM »
What are the characters on the top of the reverse? Do they translate to anything or is it a design feature?

Never mind, if anyone was wondering like me what the 4 characters above mean, it's Manchurian, the first two characters being the Emperor's name and the last two being the third year of his rule.
China Imperial & Republic / Re: 1911 China coin to see is to believe
« Last post by linlaujiou on September 21, 2018, 11:44:17 PM »
圖為1900庚子江南省造光緒元寶七錢二分截圖.
乃2016.01.15與奉天癸卯一兩等共10枚同時入手.
Introductions / Introduction
« Last post by YKC on September 21, 2018, 09:44:39 PM »
Glad to have found this forum.  My motivation is a recent gift from my father.  He inherited a large collection of Chinese coins from his mother who got them from her father-in-law.  In other words, the collection belonged to my great grandfather.  I am not familiar with Chinese history or coin collection but I can sense there is a lot of history to them.  I am told they are genuine coins.  I will post pics of them to see what others think.
This is true. In this case I didn't observe huge marketing or hype behind this first issue of eight in the series.
Depends on how much a unit appreciates. In this case they have more than doubled in value as things stand. (Limited sales data)

Just on a general basis many hyped coins “do well” initially but after the excitement dies down and the market movers have taken their profits the price trajectory invariably moves sideways.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10