Author Topic: 1982 CHINA GOLD DOG 200 Yuan  (Read 1183 times)

Offline Honus

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
    • Anvil Fine Wares
Re: 1982 CHINA GOLD DOG 200 Yuan
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 11:18:13 AM »
I personally wouldn't read much into the difference in pricing.  First,  you'll notice that the sales happened approximately 2 months apart.  I don't know what the recent trend in the lunar gold has been, but 2 months can be a long time in the evolution of demand for a particular coin.   More importantly, these sales were not the same format.   The ungraded coin was a pure auction, where there are multiple dynamics at play....assuming there's no shill bidding, you get a truer representation of what the current market might be for the coin.  The bidding ended where people thought the value was capped, or at least that's how efficient markets are expected to work.  The graded coin sold in January was via a Buy It Now-Best Offer auction, and it's possible that the seller of that coin under-priced it and someone picked up a bargain relative to the coin's value...that doesn't happen as much as it used to, but I've picked up tons of bargains on the 'Bay where sellers mispriced an item, either because of lack of knowledge, or sometimes just an urgent need to sell quickly due to personal reasons.   
Eric Liquori
Anvil Fine Wares
www.anvilfinewares.com

Offline hopeusw

• Trade Count: (+37)
Re: 1982 CHINA GOLD DOG 200 Yuan
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 01:36:13 PM »
The guy who sold the NGC 69 one did not know the market and listed a low price of Buy It Now. So someone stole it with a low price. Yesterday I saw that a 2000 1/2 OZ gold panda as OMP was sold at $1450 on ebay with Buy It Now. Apparently this seller did not know the market either.