Author Topic: China has announced a total of 8 trillion yuan stimulus  (Read 10354 times)

Offline Gilmore

• Trade Count: (+6)
China has announced a total of 8 trillion yuan stimulus
« on: August 26, 2012, 11:24:15 PM »
China has announced a total of 8 trillion yuan (£800bn) of "stimulus projects" to try to boost confidence in an economy that appears to be cooling faster than expected.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/china-business/9500548/China-announces-800bn-stimulus-to-boost-confidence.html

Offline Gilmore

• Trade Count: (+6)
Re: China has announced a total of 8 trillion yuan stimulus
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 11:54:17 PM »
It appears that no other website other than 'The Telegraph' published this news which makes this article questionable.

Offline badon

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 12:09:24 AM »
Inflation! This is what we've been waiting for!

Offline exchange

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 07:37:06 AM »
China has announced a total of 8 trillion yuan (£800bn) of "stimulus projects" to try to boost confidence in an economy that appears to be cooling faster than expected.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/china-business/9500548/China-announces-800bn-stimulus-to-boost-confidence.html

Its amazing to hear US analysts talk about China's stimulus package and compare it to ours.... they can do it?, then we sure can because we are the United States... something a long those lines.... Unlike us which we have to "borrow" the money for the stimulus, this is there own money which they saved for a rainy day. Very big difference between the two.

exchange

Offline dragondollar

• Trade Count: (+4)
    • Dragon Dollar & Chinese Coins
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 09:18:09 AM »
Meanwhile, the Japanese managed to make an anime about economic crisis and bailouts. For fun:
http://www.chia-anime.com/the-money-of-soul-and-possibility-control

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 09:54:38 AM »
I read articles about 7 yrs ago that stated the debts cannot be paid by countries so they will all mass produce their currencies which will lead to total failure of paper money/computer cash.   In other words, the US dollar and other world currencies will equal zero.  This will stop world wide transportation of supplies (do you have a supply of coffee for example?).  This will also stop food production and transportation which caught my attention.  Today it is all coming true.  Precious metals will be money.  This is why the argument over bullion vs rare coins is on going.  Many say rare coins will equal bullion price and others say rare coins will be much more in demand.  Have no clue to outcome of this.   We can all see where this is headed.  No stopping this inflate money freight train so may as well be prepared............... 

Offline dragondollar

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 10:33:27 AM »
Hyperinflation is like the rapture or zombie apocalypse, a nice fantasy... Most likely things will degrade slowly and there will be more and more violence to preserve an increasingly fragile statu quo. In the end, real wealth resides in the capacity to produce things or take it from someone else, and currency is just a representation of the trust people put in this capacity. The country with the strongest military might and/or the biggest means of production will not suffer as much economically as other countries. That's why America is frightening, all it has remaining now is its military-industrial complex, and it's unlikely the USA will accept their decline peacefully. All sane countries should request US Army bases on their territory to be shut down... The US already violate sovereignty rountinely with drones attack, what next?

Year of the Dog

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 11:56:14 AM »
I hear this a lot about the USA that the government or the business owners don't have the ability or capacity to produce so it's a natural assumption that the USA will just attack other countries that have the natural resources that the USA will need to continue it's supremacy.   Comments like this are crap, yep crap.   If you don't think the US has the natural resources to sustain itself just look around, Google it, education yourself.   Or just take a drive through Wyoming, Eastern and Southern Utah, the Dakotas and Alaska.  How about the dozens of oil rigs that are abandoned in the Gulf. 

Does anybody consider the world wide economic disaster that would come if the US did stop buying things from overseas?  China, Vietnam and India just to name a few would be in a world of hurt.   

The US still has some of the best gold fields in the world.  Some of the best farmlands in the world.  But most importantly some of the most resilient, hardworking men and woman in the world.  Yes some people won't know what to do if the dooms day hits.  I would imagine that some interior designer in New York, that has never picked up a hammer or plucked a chicken, my be in for some hard times.  But that is a very poor representation of what the US is and who will be in charge if government and currency fails.

The idea that if money collapses means that the US would attack to sustain is ridiculous.  Opening tapped oil wells creating jobs and production right here is what will absolutely happen.  People assume that if disaster strikes that the same crappy government and same crappy policies will be in place.  Would you stand for that?

Dragondollar asked what's next.  In the name of World Peace and long term global stability I hope the US continues it's drone attacks.  Along with Israel to put rouge and dangerous terrorists acting as government in the deep hole they belong in.  Instability in the middle east is supposed to happen it's Biblical it's as old as time it's self.  But old wars with modern weapons is to risky to just ignore.   So what's next anything that makes this world a little safer to live in. 

Offline dragondollar

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 12:12:33 PM »
The problem is the US has absolutely no legitimacy to meddle in middle-eastern affairs. Additionaly, randomly striking human beings down with an unmanned vehicle safely piloted 10000km away: this is the epitome of terror. Justifying it with the Bible is also not better than Islamist radicals commiting crimes by invoking the Koran.

The US can sustain themselves in autarcy indeed, if they choose to destroy their environment to gather the resources and pay the people doing these hard job 3rd world wages. It would probably be both more profitable and popular with the american people however to just maintain everyone's current lifestyle and continue plundering obscure middle eastern countries, these guys are terrorist anyway.

Offline Pandaguy

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 04:37:04 AM »
I hear this a lot about the USA that the government or the business owners don't have the ability or capacity to produce so it's a natural assumption that the USA will just attack other countries that have the natural resources that the USA will need to continue it's supremacy.   Comments like this are crap, yep crap.   If you don't think the US has the natural resources to sustain itself just look around, Google it, education yourself.   Or just take a drive through Wyoming, Eastern and Southern Utah, the Dakotas and Alaska.  How about the dozens of oil rigs that are abandoned in the Gulf. 

Does anybody consider the world wide economic disaster that would come if the US did stop buying things from overseas?  China, Vietnam and India just to name a few would be in a world of hurt.   

The US still has some of the best gold fields in the world.  Some of the best farmlands in the world.  But most importantly some of the most resilient, hardworking men and woman in the world.  Yes some people won't know what to do if the dooms day hits.  I would imagine that some interior designer in New York, that has never picked up a hammer or plucked a chicken, my be in for some hard times.  But that is a very poor representation of what the US is and who will be in charge if government and currency fails.

The idea that if money collapses means that the US would attack to sustain is ridiculous.  Opening tapped oil wells creating jobs and production right here is what will absolutely happen.  People assume that if disaster strikes that the same crappy government and same crappy policies will be in place.  Would you stand for that?

Dragondollar asked what's next.  In the name of World Peace and long term global stability I hope the US continues it's drone attacks.  Along with Israel to put rouge and dangerous terrorists acting as government in the deep hole they belong in.  Instability in the middle east is supposed to happen it's Biblical it's as old as time it's self.  But old wars with modern weapons is to risky to just ignore.   So what's next anything that makes this world a little safer to live in. 

Very well said YOTD! You saved me a lot of writing. Thank you and kudos to you! America MUST remain pro-active and not reactive. Our technological superiority is second to none in this world! Most other countries/governments simply COPY and STEAL our technology. The USA maintains the most productive (not cheapest), and innovative workforce in the world. That is what maintains our might and high standard of living. It's all here folks! Possess high motivation and a few skills, and you will succeed.

Offline tjujoypop

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 06:35:36 AM »
I didn't see this news in Chinese.
I don't believe it.

Offline pandaccumulator

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 11:34:17 AM »
This news is too "premature".

Offline dragondollar

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 12:19:13 AM »
Pandaguy & Year of the Dog: an intelligent article about the current state of affairs in America.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/revolt-of-the-rich/

Year of the Dog

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 02:43:10 PM »
I'm not disagreeing with you Dragondollar.   I am not happy with the current state of the US and it's government. 

But if things decline to the point of no return and currency and government fail.  The US won't go on the attack.  That is a unintelligent and ridiculous thought.  Farmland and oil would be the only reason any country would do that.  The US has both and lots of it. 

Do you believe all Americans are lazy, ignorant and incapable of change?   These aren't the people I know.  The people I know are ready and hopeful for a major change. They want to see more focus on domestic improvements and less on Middle Eastern affairs. 

There is a huge difference in stating that violence in the Middle East is Biblical and a terrorist invoking the Koran.  Fighting and hatred in the Middle East is a war for Holy Lands.  Only a brain washed psycho would believe their god would condone or even bless the extreme and radical acts of terrorism against unarmed civilians in the name of God and the Koran. 

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2012, 03:39:49 PM »
Not many are happy w/ current state of affairs.  The way all countries are printing their own paper money is beyond stupid.  Too much paper means collapse of value so it is worthless.  Maybe this will hamstring the militaries?  How do you pay the troops, fill up the gas cans, etc w/ worthless paper?  If you cannot finance the military then how do you go to war?  The priority will be to take care of your own country.  Hope our current system is OK for another year or two........