Author Topic: June 5th-7th: Long Beach Coin, Stamp & Sports Collectible Expo  (Read 11280 times)

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+46)
Where:  LONG BEACH, CALIFORNIA

2014 Show Date:  June 5 (Th), 6 (F) ,7 (S)

Hours:  Thursday & Friday: 10 AM-7PM, Saturday: 10 AM-5PM

I am considering attending this show, although I'd have to take a day off of work to make it. Anyone else considering attending?

Offline fwang2450

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
Re: June 5th-7th: Long Beach Coin, Stamp & Sports Collectible Expo
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 01:18:38 AM »
I will be going. A group of collectors from China, led by the circulating coin guru, Sun Keqin, will have a booth there on behalf of the Chinese coin collection website coin001.com.

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+46)
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 11:50:07 PM »
I will be going. A group of collectors from China, led by the circulating coin guru, Sun Keqin, will have a booth there on behalf of the Chinese coin collection website coin001.com.

I was hesitating about whether to attend or not, but when I heard that there would be a focus on MCC, I decided to pull the trigger and buy a ticket.  I managed to find a round trip ticket for only $106!

I'll be at the show Thursday and Friday and hope to meet you, fwang, and any other CCF members who attend.

Offline GDG's

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 12:31:31 PM »
I was hesitating about whether to attend or not, but when I heard that there would be a focus on MCC, I decided to pull the trigger and buy a ticket.  I managed to find a round trip ticket for only $106!

I'll be at the show Thursday and Friday and hope to meet you, fwang, and any other CCF members who attend.

Yuuuup,

Am also attending 5,6,& 7th

Offline GDG's

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 02:20:03 PM »

For those who don't know of Sun Keqin

SUN Keqin
SUN Keqin PCGS expert
Expertise: Chinese coins

Specialties: Chinese circulating coins, including all varieties and highest grades. Academic research.

Keqin Sun is the recognized authority on modern circulating Chinese coins. He became a coin collector in 1990, collecting Chinese commemorative coins, milled silver coins, and modern gold and silver coins, as well as modern notes. Since 2006, he has concentrated on collecting and researching proof circulating coins. He has authored Catalog of Chinese Proof Ordinary Commemorative Coins. In 2008, his research focused on the varieties of circulating coins and he authored Treasures Catalog of Chinese Ordinary Commemorative Coins. In 2012, he undertook a comprehensive study of circulating coins and authored Standard Catalog of Chinese Modern Circulating Coins, including all the Chinese modern coins. Kegin Sun’s reference books are used by PCGS as the definitive guides to the modern Chinese circulating coins market.

Keqin Sun founded Modern Chinese Coins Web www.coin001.com in 2010. The website centralizes the world’s top experts in Chinese circulating coins to jointly promote and conduct comprehensive research on modern circulating coins. The auction prices shown on the website are the real market price of Chinese modern circulating coins.

Keqin Sun is the executive director of Beijing Numismatic Society, and an academic committee member of Shanghai Finance University Modern Coins Institute. A famous professional collector and businessman, he also serves as a coin appraiser,and a moderator and consultant to many coin collecting websites. Mr. Sun may be contacted at kqsun@coin001.com.