Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
General Discussion / Re: Taking a Bite Out of Bitcoin
« Last post by chinesecoins.com on Today at 10:05:15 AM »
Bitcoin > Gold as far as I'm concerned.
$70bn market versus $7T

« Last post by Jens on Today at 05:28:40 AM »
I don't see much demand by new potential buyers at the moment anyway tbh, but that might change at any time if there is some good new regarding crypto and people want to get on board before it takes off again.
At the moment i just don't see any working real-life applications for bitcoin, it's just too hard to get and spend for the average person, so it's mostly speculation or for some it is some kind of "digital gold", but the ups and downs are much higher than with physical gold.
Of course there are people who prefer bitcoin over physical gold for some reason but after the last crash i don't think there is a lot of them.
I think we will probably see a cryptocurrency or two that get mass adoption in the future but (unfortunately) i can only guess which one.
And it doesn't even have to be one that already exists, if for example facebook, google or amazon decided they need to use a cryptocurrency they could easily create their own one, it's not like the concept is patented by someone. That would probably not positively affect the price of the ones that already exist in the long run.
So overall at the moment i'm not holding my breath for the crypto market to get back to it's former heights, but of course there are still people who earn good money with crypto, but that takes a lot of work and experience imho.
Full discloure: I'm still sitting on a small stack of ADA (cardano) and plan to hold it in case the crypto market does take off again.
« Last post by PandaCollector on Yesterday at 04:12:40 PM »
I don't think this will have a big impact. Hacking of exchanges or users wallets doesn't hurt crypto as a whole, neither do  51 percent attacks on some shitcoins that nobody except some pump and dump groups care about.
And even if it did i don't think a lot of people who invest in crypto are interested in gold/silver.
Most of those people want to make a quick buck with technical analysis/daytrading/getting on board first with a new coin before it gets hyped/pumped.

Do you think this will affect future demand for Bitcoin by new potential buyers, people who do not own it already?

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
NGC Consultant
China Pricepedia — Chinese Coin Prices and More
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
www.pandacollector.com
« Last post by Jens on Yesterday at 04:05:40 PM »
I don't think this will have a big impact. Hacking of exchanges or users wallets doesn't hurt crypto as a whole, neither do  51 percent attacks on some shitcoins that nobody except some pump and dump groups care about.
And even if it did i don't think a lot of people who invest in crypto are interested in gold/silver.
Most of those people want to make a quick buck with technical analysis/daytrading/getting on board first with a new coin before it gets hyped/pumped.
Modern Chinese Coins / Re: Post your newest modern Chinese coin
« Last post by pandamonium on Yesterday at 07:52:39 AM »
Nice error coin....

My purchase in my price range....$4.50 OMP w/ box.        Hong Kong silver medal.      Seller says silver, dealer in China says silver and it looks like that to me.     In hand the flower design is outstanding.     I did not appreciate Hong Kong coins/medals but i do now.     Even the cheap stuff has great designs, how can a collector go wrong?....
« Last post by pandamonium on Yesterday at 07:37:08 AM »
blockchain getting hacked?     Looks like those investors will turn to gold/silver.....
General Discussion / Re: Why Gold will be flat or GO DOWN!!!!!
« Last post by wg on Yesterday at 02:42:36 AM »
The Chinese understanding of the importance of gold started during this hyperinflationary period as economic conditions deteriorated severely.
https://goldswitzerland.com/the-chinese-and-maginot-gold-lines/
General Discussion / Taking a Bite Out of Bitcoin
« Last post by PandaCollector on February 21, 2019, 11:09:14 PM »
"Once hailed as unhackable, blockchains are now getting hacked"

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/612974/once-hailed-as-unhackable-blockchains-are-now-getting-hacked/

Whither Blockchain and does that have any significance for coins?

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
NGC Consultant
www.pandacollector.com
I looked at your photo in detail and discussed it with some buddies interested in coin photography. It is from the hands of a master photographer. With a low angle main light source, lighting in the photo is still pretty even, with no loss of details. The black spots around the mouth, the nose, eyes and ears are represented to the point. I have saved the photo for future reference.

On the other hand, while most new hands tend to use low angle lighting, few of them would mitigate against the resulting loss of details by placing high angle reflectors. They don't have the equipment for the purpose either. That's why I would encourage starters to use high angle lighting in coin photography. This way at least details on the coin face is well represented.

The real credit goes to the artists, designers and engravers in China who give us so many beautiful coins and medals to photograph. For me, the purpose of a coin photo is to try to convey the spirit and message of these artists. Whatever lighting setup – high angle, low angle, sideways, upside down – accomplishes this is good.  A difficult coin/medal may require a couple of hours of trial and error before the results are acceptable. For a long time I felt rather embarrassed that it often takes me so long to arrive at a solution, but one of the artists in China told me that the official photographer doesn't work any faster. So, don't feel bad if setting up takes a while and just try to learn from the inevitable mistakes.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
NGC Consultant
www.pandacollector.com
General Discussion / Re: Why Gold will be flat or GO DOWN!!!!!
« Last post by bender9876 on February 21, 2019, 07:05:22 PM »
 pandamoium, If the get Trump & Pence out? Who is they? If it happens that means they got what they have coming. Makes sense to watch Fox News when? Why would you look at Polokis photos of here home?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10