Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
China lunar medal set,  17.3g silver  (verified weight),  Shanghai mint.   See pictures below.

Does anybody know when this was made?   Also two of the medals have "F" mintmarks, see the rat below.

Modern Chinese Coins / Mint Error in Platin Panda?
« Last post by purpuratum on Today at 01:43:26 PM »
Hi

I'm wondering if NGC would consider the 'struck through' designation on this coin.
It's only visible on the back side. Front is clean.

In case that this is an error, could that change the market value? The coin otherwise is flawless and looks like a PF69 to me.

Any suggestions are welcome. N48

Thanks  :001_smile:
Introductions / Re: Introduction
« Last post by pandamonium on Today at 08:23:18 AM »
You have not posted in some time.    Good to know you have not kicked the bucket...   :tongue_smilie:
Modern Chinese Coins / Re: eBay value buys
« Last post by pandamonium on Today at 08:21:12 AM »
The market has woke up to the value of these big beauties.    Why not $10,000 each soon?    PA had a 85 PF 69 on ebay about 3 to 4 yrs ago, that sat there for over 6 months until it finally sold.    Another sold cheap in a overseas auction about a yr later.    When these high grade bigs really take off in price then maybe medals will get a second look.      Even the 1st yr, 82 gold panda is a medal, no matter what official paperwork for them comes out of China like poconopen posted.      This is also why i continually post that Feng Yunming should be interviewed and his medals known.    He may have a lot of very good info for early yr medals and other early yr artists.     Medals seem to be part of the foundation of MCC even if the Chinese market does not like them today.     Poconopen also posted it does not matter what size or the content, it is mintage rarity.       Medals have mintage rarity.   Looks to me badon's argument that some day it will not matter if coin or medal.     Not today but the future could very well be that.    For me, do not underestimate early yr medals.    Some are very cheap now but who knows what the future will bring?......
« Last post by SANDAC on Today at 08:13:21 AM »
Still here deleting spam when I find them.  Has not being impressed with NGC newsletter's varieties publication in the last few months.  So many interesting varieties out there and they are only concentrated on minor frosting variations.
« Last post by Clark Smith on Yesterday at 09:55:31 PM »
You don't need to wait for the market to take off.   These are the ones people will pay dearly for today.
« Last post by pandamonium on Yesterday at 09:03:32 PM »
Good you have come back Trey as this market will kick rear in its own time frame.           What happened to SANDAC?....
« Last post by pandamonium on Yesterday at 08:59:29 PM »
$3,500 for the 86 PF 69 HK Expo 12 oz seems cheap to me.

What is total pop for NGC and PCGS for the 86 PF 69 12 oz?                   It was 6

What is total pop for NGC and PCGS for the 85 PF 69  5 oz?                    It was 3

Both of these Panda Issue medals in PF 69 have huge potential when this market takes off again.   They have been ignored too long.      I have received very positive contact and read comments on both.     Maybe these 2 bigs will be better than the 1st yr 84 PF 69 HK Expo 1 oz silver.    (There is one? PF 70 1 oz, so that one will probably be best).....   

These huge silvers are awesome!.....
« Last post by KeepOnTrying! on Yesterday at 08:23:20 PM »
The high price for a 69 means you won't be getting a 69 easily.....

In fact, I believe that the best coins are already slabbed and only a few more 69's will be graded for this issue.

So many have white haze/spot problems that can't be removed.

Very true words. This is probably the most difficult of the early HK pandas to get in a potentially PF69 condition.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10