Author Topic: AnyBody Familiar with Heidi Wastweet?  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+47)
AnyBody Familiar with Heidi Wastweet?
« on: November 07, 2014, 02:08:41 PM »
On another forum I frequent, where members stack gold and silver bullion, many people know and love an artist and sculptor named Heidi Wastweet. Her website is here: http://www.wastweetstudio.com/heidi_wastweet_biography.htm

She is the sculptor and, in some cases, designer of many popular coin series including the Debt and Death coin, freedom Freedom Girl coin, Veritas Lux Mea coin, Silver Bullet Silver Shield rounds, the Zombucks series, the 12 Labors of Hercules series, etc. She was chief engraver for Sunshine Mint for 11 years and in 2010 she was invited to serve a four year term on the Citizen's Coinage Advisory Commitee for the US Mint in Washington DC. She is now serving her second term.

Anyway after finding out last year that she recently moved to my neck of the woods, the Bay Area of California, I met up with her at my local coin shop Oakland Silver & Gold (which happens to be the title sponsor for my sepak takraw event at the SkillCon convention in December). We chatted for a bit and I asked her to sign some of the silver rounds I own that she'd designed. She did, and it was fun for both of us.

Tonight, I am meeting her again at Oakland Silver & Gold, where she will sign a new batch of coins, which have been sent to me from all around the USA by eager collectors. I will pay her a small fee for each coin she signs and she will be donating some of the proceeds back to my Grow Sepak Takraw in the USA campaign. She's a cool lady!