Author Topic: F/S 2001 SMALL D NGC MS69 RARE............  (Read 11307 times)

Offline Hippanda

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: F/S 2001 SMALL D NGC MS69 RARE............
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2012, 08:42:28 PM »
That's the funniest use of emoticons I ever seen here
 N29
"He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good."

Confucius

Offline Obsidian

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2012, 09:23:38 PM »

So Obsidian.....what in the world do you think he bought? after I post  clear proof of his purchase weeks before the existence of the small d ,fairy dust?? end of the day my friend anyone with a lick of sense knows exactly what he bought and exactly what he was trying to do.......   have a great day.............

The answer to that question is quite simple.  At the time he was quoted a price he was buying a 2001-D.  This includes EITHER a "regular" or "Large D" AND a "Small D".  Because at that time neither buyer nor seller knew about or specified a "variety".  Right?

The dilemma for you is that 3 things occurred.  You provide the buyer with a serial number of a 2001-D "small-D"(a good practice as a seller), the variety is discovered and prices climb on the variety.  Not necessarily in that order.

At the worst after the variety was "recognized" you realized you didn't have anymore of the "regular / Large D" to sell him and you didn't want to sell him a "Small D" at the agreed upon price so you tell him the coin was oversold and here we are....

At the best in a simple transaction you made two fairly big mistakes.  You gave a buyer the wrong serial number on a coin they were purchasing AND you oversold the coin.  Whether it was you, your wife or Santa Claus that made the mistakes you were the one acting as the seller.

Draw what conclusions you want from that as I am neither judge nor jury.  The point I have been trying to make is you have an unhappy buyer and not one without reason.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 09:26:54 PM by Obsidian »

joeman

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2012, 10:06:35 PM »
The answer to that question is quite simple.  At the time he was quoted a price he was buying a 2001-D.  This includes EITHER a "regular" or "Large D" AND a "Small D".  Because at that time neither buyer nor seller knew about or specified a "variety".  Right?

The dilemma for you is that 3 things occurred.  You provide the buyer with a serial number (a good practice as a seller), the variety is discovered and prices climb on the variety.  Not necessarily in that order.

At the worst after the variety was "recognized" you realized you didn't have anymore of the "regular / Large D" to sell him and you didn't want to sell him a "Small D" at the agreed upon price so you tell him the coin was oversold and here we are....

At the best in a simple transaction you made two fairly big mistakes.  You gave a buyer the wrong serial number on a coin they were purchasing AND you oversold the coin.  Whether it was you, your wife or Santa Claus that made the mistake you were the one acting as the seller.

Draw what conclusions you want from that as I am neither judge nor jury.  The point I have been trying to make is you have an unhappy buyer and not one without reason.
here is the problem with you theory,s and fact less assumptions ............... I provided him the certification long after the small D variety was recognized ,so it was sent in error,so I dont have a problem, you might ,but I most certainly don't ,
and here are the hard cold facts you can twist them anyway you like to suit you warped perception of reality
your buddy paid 130 usd for a ms 69 2001d,and once he saw that certification that was sent to him by mistake , he decided he was going to insist on getting something he did not agree to purchase nor did he pay for it  and that is it ,clear as a bell ,over and out Im done discussing it ........................... 

Offline Hippanda

« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2012, 10:33:41 PM »
A lost opportunity to have become a "Legend Seller".  

As buyers and collectors, we all know some seller we have bought from, who went above and beyond the call, to whom we will cheerfully recommend to all our friends as being not only fair, but MORE than fair, and to whom we owe our sincere thanks, admiration and lifetime loyalty.

On the other hand....

Confucius

Offline dynamike51

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2012, 10:39:38 PM »

On the other hand....

.... I want back my 1999 "serif 1" which I mistakenly sold as a "large date" for $150 ......   :001_unsure: >:( N20 N17 N11

Offline Hippanda

« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2012, 10:50:15 PM »
Oh, com'on!

That lucky buyer signs praises of you, tells stories to all his friends about what a great guy you are, and has a little shrine built to you !  N18. ( I've seen it, a little spooky, actually, but...) LOL!

Being more than fair is good policy and great cheap publicity,  that money just cant buy.

An few exta bucks in the pocket = A few extra bucks. And The Taxman takes half.
An overjoyed customer.... Priceless!

Confucius

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2012, 10:51:08 PM »
I’m not gonna get all worked up on this topic so I will make only one comment as it’s borderline ridiculous but joe has dealt $1,000’s in coins on other forums I participate on without issue and I honestly think it’s ridiculous to hold a person to a specific/exact certification number as long as the coin delivered is exactly as what was sold which is a 2001-D in MS69 condition. A full refund was even offered so no harm no fowl … the buyer thought he was getting a more lucrative deal for a steal and it didn’t happen so now he has sorry grapes?  

Another thing is I find it EXTREMELY cheesy for people to snoop on other forums that they do not and have never participated on and then run back here to CCF like a reporter with “hot news” … wow is this high school?

Joe the best advice I can give you is drop the responses to this topic now … it’s a menial witch hunt without merit whereas when the real witch was being hunted a month ago … some of those that are on your case now were hiding their “cojones” back then  :lol:

Take care bud   :thumbup1:      
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 11:04:46 PM by comeaux »

Offline Obsidian

• Supporter
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2012, 11:28:06 PM »
I agree that enough has been said on this topic.  People can draw their own conclusions I would just like to clarify a couple of things.

Shanghai Coins is not my buddy.  I have bought coins from him a couple of times without problems.  That is the extent of our relationship.  I do not have a "dog in this fight".

As to this being a witch hunt...that is obviously not my intention or anyone elses.  As I stated before I have no beef with Joeman.  If I were a buyer that felt strongly enough about the situation to make it public, I would likely appreciate it being discussed.  Based on many other transactions on Silverstackers I do actually believe Joeman as a whole is a fine seller.  That being said, I do believe the situation in discussion was handled poorly and that is exactly why it is being discussed.  Had it been handled differently, it never would have been brought up in the forum.

Another thing is I find it EXTREMELY cheesy for people to snoop on other forums that they do not and have never participated on and then run back here to CCF like a reporter with “hot news” … wow is this high school?

I find this to be a very odd comment.  All forums in discussion are PUBLIC.  Just because a person doesn't actively participate in the forum doesn't mean they don't browse.  Also, the silverstackers forum was specifically mentioned in Shanghai Coins original complaint.

I believe these types of discussion are worthwhile as both buyers and sellers alike can learn from both the good things people do or mistakes they might make.

And besides, I am not currently a heavy buyer or seller of these coins but I still like to learn and discuss what is a hobby and investment for me.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 11:32:32 PM by Obsidian »

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2012, 11:58:36 PM »
Please let us not use the CCF to resolve every problem between CCF members. Xu Hongs dilemma was a bit different in that it involved several hundred thousand dollars and could have an impact on many members. I believe your problem is of such low amount that you should keep it between yourself and the party involved. We don't want the CCF to devolve into something it was never intended to be. I hope you understand what I say. I wish you good luck. GDG

Thank you GDG … a restoration of my faith in logic and reason amongst the CCF members.  :thumbup1:

Online KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2012, 03:33:00 AM »
Time in a pending transaction kills many deals or creates disputes - eliminate the time factor and transactions will occur smoothly.  Everyday prices for metals move, auctions end and new information about coins comes out (NGC census gets updated on Monday mornings, forums find new varieties ,..), all these give one party an unfair advantage in a transaction over another.

One thing that I have learned over the years to avoid disputes and mistakes is:

As a seller, never hold coins for more than a day without payment or trade. 
As a buyer, don't ask sellers to hold coins that you can't pay for within 24 hours or provide trade.

There are exceptions to this when the buyer and seller have done many transactions together and term "hold" is never used, instead "confirmed" is used in the conversation, payment/coins arrive to each party based on confirmed terms without any drama or excuses. 

Arif

joeman

« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2012, 04:27:15 AM »

I’m not gonna get all worked up on this topic so I will make only one comment as it’s borderline ridiculous but joe has dealt $1,000’s in coins on other forums I participate on without issue and I honestly think it’s ridiculous to hold a person to a specific/exact certification number as long as the coin delivered is exactly as what was sold which is a 2001-D in MS69 condition. A full refund was even offered so no harm no fowl … the buyer thought he was getting a more lucrative deal for a steal and it didn’t happen so now he has sorry grapes?

Joe the best advice I can give you is drop the responses to this topic now … it’s a menial witch hunt without merit whereas when the real witch was being hunted a month ago … some of those that are on your case now were hiding their “cojones” back then  :lol:

Take care bud   :thumbup1:       

thank you my friend , your right ,i just don't like being called a thief or not reputable or dishonest by people who don't know crap ,and are defending some dude or practice who was just trying to get over on somebody ,not because they actually care for him or me ,it is all about getting there jollies off, see but it don't bother me, anyone who has done business with me knows the truth. thank you my brother I am done with these dudes......they chase another one away like that Dude wasserguiest with the incredible collection :)    N18

Offline Obsidian

• Supporter
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2012, 11:57:12 AM »
defending some dude or practice who was just trying to get over on somebody ,not because they actually care for him or me ,it is all about getting there jollies off

I guess your are right if by jollies you mean looking at a situation as an impartial third party and believing that mistakes made by a seller put him in a situation that made a buyer unhappy.  And somehow this is all the buyers fault?

I am done with these dudes......they chase another one

I am sorry that logic and sound reasoning have offended you.

Grigoryan Coins Ltd

« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2012, 05:38:26 AM »
NGC number was not a mistake ,

"Hi I made a mistake on the invoice i put down on line 2 1982 1/10 it is in fact a 1984 as agreed ,I dont even have a 1982 in ms69:)

here are the cert #,s once you approve them I will ship Asap

2001d  2780533-023

Regards joe"

after few days you realize its a small date , and resell it on CCF ! Later you create some reasons such as
1) oversold
2) wife send a wrong ngc number ( how she can make mistake if it was only 3 coins left and all SD . before we agreed 2 01-d's , after i decide to buy only 1 , so what if i bought 2 coins ? )
3) buyer was buying LD

nothing to say more ...

i would like to refund all coins  and ask you to public  apologize for all dirty words you said to me on the phone !

BTW is it so rare variety to pay $750- $1000?

joeman

« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2012, 06:07:50 AM »
 I provided you the certification long after the small D variety was recognized ,so it was sent in error,so I don't have a problem, you might ,but I most certainly don't ,
and here are the hard cold facts you can twist them anyway you like to suit you warped perception of reality
you  paid 130 usd for a ms 69 2001d,and once you saw that certification that was sent to you by mistake ,which was for a coin you DID NOT AGREE TO PURCHASE you decided you where going to insist on getting something you did not agree to purchase nor did you pay for and that is it ,clear as a bell ,over and out Im done discussing it ...........................

Refund will given as soon as I receive the coins I shipped you in good order, I wont be apologizing for something that was not said ,Joe

Grigoryan Coins Ltd

« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2012, 06:29:26 AM »
"Hi I made a mistake on the invoice i put down on line 2 1982 1/10 it is in fact a 1984 as agreed ,I dont even have a 1982 in ms69:)

here are the cert #,s once you approve them I will ship Asap

2001d  2780533-023

Regards joe"

you even point here  ,what you made a mistake on 82 1/10 ...

i dont want to discuss it anymore ...

i made a mistake that i didt record our phone conversation ! I m sure you ll be say , it was mistake , wrong phone number not me , not my voice ))))