Author Topic: Paypal announces higher fees  (Read 351 times)

Offline bonke

• Trade Count: (+2)
Paypal announces higher fees
« on: February 14, 2017, 11:06:52 AM »
I just reviewed the new Paypal fees.  As a collector, I tried to anticipate the impact on my purchases from foreign dealers.  Prior to the change, I considered the fees high and, now, I am certain to notice these higher fees and limit my purchases from foreign dealers.

Check out the changes and see whether they will change the way in which you collect, invest or sell.

Mark Bonke

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+46)
Re: Paypal announces higher fees
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 03:33:34 PM »
Amendments to the PayPal Here Agreement

The update to the PayPal Here Agreement is effective March 29, 2017.  A summary of changes is provided.

We are changing the cross-border transactions fee for card present and PayPal transactions from 3.7% to 4.2%.
We are changing the cross-border transaction fee for keyed and scanned transactions from 4.5% + $0.15 to 5.0% + $0.15.
We are also adding pricing for verified charitable organizations that will match existing pricing for non-charities.

Online Vredaren

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: Paypal announces higher fees
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 02:59:04 AM »
These changes are quite agressive and quite a price hike.. too bad since the local collecting base is small and the opportunity to purchase from the broader market without a large premium shrinks for us non-US non-Chinese collectors.