Author Topic: An Evolving Market: China’s Coin Exchanges  (Read 2525 times)

Offline Coinex

• Trade Count: (0)
    • ChineseCoins.com
An Evolving Market: China’s Coin Exchanges
« on: November 06, 2014, 10:44:15 AM »
Investing in modern precious metal coins has always been touted as a sensible long-term option: a low risk way of expanding an investment portfolio which has both bullion and numismatic value – characteristics of such an investment that can combine to protect it in the future.

But having read an article by Peter Anthony, a new development – you might even call it a craze – in the Chinese coin market came to light. That is, the coin exchanges. The major cities of ...

https://www.chinesecoins.com/an-evolving-market-chinas-coin-exchanges/

Offline NBM

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
Re: An Evolving Market: China’s Coin Exchanges
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 12:04:21 PM »
A larger wok & hotter fire to consume the remaining collector base?

Offline naomi01225

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 01:57:19 PM »
haha, everyday earn 4000usd now
i have opened account for this,  they have nanjing beijing guangzhou many many palces,  shanghai and other cities will open soon,
its very crazy in fact,  only in china is leagal,  other countreis 100% sure its illeagal and going to jail.
some high ranking officail earn money from this ,at least more than 20million usd

everyday some coins can increase 50%

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 09:24:58 PM »
Good article.   China's Coin Exchanges will change the game........

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 09:26:26 PM »
Nanjing Exchange was opened about one year ago. Since then four more exchanges were added. More than one Billion RMB of stamps, banknotes and coins were traded daily. The most popular funds being traded are Total Index, Stamp Index, Banknote Index, and Coin Index at 福丽特Exchange located at Beijing.

Actually, there are only very few PM coins traded at those Exchanges and panda is not included. The majority of traded coins are circulated Cu-Ni commemorative coins, especially 1 Yuan lunar coin. The price of 2003 1 Yuan BU goat coin, the first year of the lunar series with a mintage of 10 MM, has moved up more than 200% (US$30 to US$90) since the formation of the Exchanges.

Since the concept of Exchange is very new, the manipulation by some investors can not be avoided. Many funds has very low trading volume, one single share of fund can move the price up or down 10%, the daily limit. Time will tell if those exchanges can help or hurt the MCC market.

Offline NBM

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 04:18:53 AM »
Thank you poconopenn for shining more light on the workings of these exchanges.

Offline aragog

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 04:30:31 AM »
#90 for a a 0,16 dollar face value coin with a mintage 10 000 000 is amazing!
that`s why I love numismatics. And, of course, I own one or two of those coins, even it was always hard to come by here in Europe.
And I like the idea of the coin index market, though I do not know if the trade volumes can be high enough to resist some manipulations. Looking forward to see how it evolves