Author Topic: Study of Bank Specimens for Chinese Circulating Coins  (Read 1812 times)

Offline fwang2450

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
Study of Bank Specimens for Chinese Circulating Coins
« on: September 26, 2014, 01:38:51 AM »
I just translated an article on bank specimens of Chinese circulating coins. Here is the link: http://modern-chinese-numismatic-info.blogspot.com/2014/09/exploring-first-set-of-bank-specimens.html.

It is a pretty long article, and it took me a while to translate it. If anyone is interested in Chinese bank specimen coins, this is a must-read, as it provides an overview of Chinese bank specimen coins while focusing on the discovery of one particular set.

Offline aragog

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Study of Bank Specimens for Chinese Circulating Coins
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 04:44:03 AM »
Thanks for sharing this  information. Amazing !!!

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 08:27:53 AM »
IF i read this article correctly it states that some coins have Chinese characters on them that state a Bank Specimen.   Could you put a red circle on the characters on the coin?.........

Offline fwang2450

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 11:17:47 AM »
IF i read this article correctly it states that some coins have Chinese characters on them that state a Bank Specimen.   Could you put a red circle on the characters on the coin?.........
You are right. Except for the special cases mentioned in the article, bank specimens normally have the characters on them showing they are bank specimens. I am uploading some pictures with the Chinese characters for "bank specimen" circled out.