Author Topic: Fake  (Read 22776 times)

Offline dynamike51

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
Re: Fake
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2013, 04:33:36 PM »
It was sarcasm because I was talking to some coin collector friends oversea and they stated that they are tied of hearing and seeing US based sellers slamming non-US sellers.  They see it as arrogant and slight against non-US based people.  We know there are good and bad sellers everywhere.  Given the power of the Internet, we just need to be more aware of how we communicated.

POL:

Thank you for your clarification.    N39

Offline dynamike51

• Supporter
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2013, 04:37:45 PM »
I agree with Dynamike51...110%! Not only do "Fakes", give Silver pandas a bad reputation, But they also severely inhibit
 New perspective buyers from entering the MCC market place. Long time collectors of Morgans, Eagles etc are reluctant
 to get involved with Pandas ( or MCC) for fear they might get shafted. With "fakes" There is a negative trickle down effect,
 with buyers,& sellers.In my opinion, we should All band together and report these fakes as soon as possible..The more
"reports" that Ebay receives, might help influence their decision to act more quickly, and remove them.
     ***Strength in Numbers!***.

Not only some buyers are reluctant to get involved, some sellers are selling because they got burned and just want to get out.

Offline panda-moneya

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2013, 06:51:03 PM »
Same seller, continues to flood ebay with Fake Silver pandas: seller's name is chabeijian130
He is using the same exact pictures that the group of sellers used about 6 months ago, (as previously mentioned in one of my earlier posts)
http://www.ebay.com/sch/chabeijian130/m.html?item=190808471743

.... could use some help in reporting them??

Offline NBM

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2013, 07:38:10 PM »
Same seller, continues to flood ebay with Fake Silver pandas: seller's name is chabeijian130
He is using the same exact pictures that the group of sellers used about 6 months ago, (as previously mentioned in one of my earlier posts)
http://www.ebay.com/sch/chabeijian130/m.html?item=190808471743

.... could use some help in reporting them??

I piled on with as much info as I could when you first posted these.
Interestingly enough I didn't get my usual eBay response of "we're looking into it" email.
Are they inundated?

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2013, 08:30:20 AM »
to report fake MCC, could we have a "tab" to click to report fakes?   That would encourage more members to report them to this forum as many do not want to contact Ebay.  Those members that will report them to ebay can then do so.  Hopefully this will let more members/readers report fakes..............

Offline panda-moneya

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2013, 04:59:48 PM »
Thank you to NBM for at least offering a helping hand in reporting some of these fake silver pandas
from seller: chabeijian130
  Seller is closing in on approx 40 of them so far. Not sure why it bothers me so much, Maybe because Ebay does nothing about it.I guess I should just leave it be. Most people probably know better than to bid on them anyway. I feel kind of bad
 for the ones that don't know the difference
http://www.ebay.com/sch/chabeijian130/m.html?item=190808735164

Offline Dr650rob

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2013, 08:43:47 PM »
is there any way to report sellers or do you have to report each coin

Offline panda-moneya

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2013, 12:15:17 PM »
As far as I know, the only way to report sellers is via their item.
 ( For anyone who wants to know how to report an item) On that item's description page, if you scroll down
 on the right hand side of the page, you will see a tab for "report item" When you select it you will be shown
 3 drop-down boxes and the choices for reporting fake items include:
 1)"Category" choose(copyright & trademark)
 2)"Reason for report" choose( counterfeit item or authenticity disclaimer)
 3)"Detailed reason" choose (counterfeit,fake,or replica items)
...... and the last box will say " Brief description"    I usually write something like "fake Silver panda" "wrong packaging"
"zero silver content" or whatever reason you can think of as to why the item is counterfeit.

Offline NBM

• Supporter
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2013, 08:43:11 PM »
Thank you to NBM for at least offering a helping hand in reporting some of these fake silver pandas
from seller: chabeijian130
  Seller is closing in on approx 40 of them so far. Not sure why it bothers me so much, Maybe because Ebay does nothing about it.I guess I should just leave it be. Most people probably know better than to bid on them anyway. I feel kind of bad
 for the ones that don't know the difference
http://www.ebay.com/sch/chabeijian130/m.html?item=190808735164

chabeijian130 has all Panda auctions pulled?
FWIW, Chinese dealers are on to him & sending out alerts.   N39
N31 :lol:

Offline panda-moneya

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2013, 08:52:04 PM »
Ebay must have FINALLY pulled the seller's listings off the market..... Now they will have to deal with about 40-50
 disputes, that will start pouring in..Great job to all those who helped, getting rid of the trash!

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2013, 09:11:39 PM »
Ebay must have FINALLY pulled the seller's listings off the market..... Now they will have to deal with about 40-50
 disputes, that will start pouring in..Great job to all those who helped, getting rid of the trash!

Ebay did not remove any of those listings. There were total 61 listings completed. IMO, ebay can not remove those listings, since the pictures are not clear enough to identify those coin as fake.

http://www.ebay.com/csc/m.html?item=190808735164&LH_Complete=1&_ssn=chabeijian130&rt=nc

Offline panda-moneya

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2013, 09:25:15 PM »
The seller had several more that he had just listed, all with time remaining...but are now
 nowwhere to be seen. I think if you take a look at the packaging you will see that they are all of that
 same rigid vinyl, an all have rounded corners.  It would be nice if we could get Peter Anthony to weigh in
 on the matter.......... These are fake

Offline NBM

• Supporter
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2013, 09:46:57 PM »
Ebay did not remove any of those listings. There were total 61 listings completed. IMO, ebay can not remove those listings, since the pictures are not clear enough to identify those coin as fake.

http://www.ebay.com/csc/m.html?item=190808735164&LH_Complete=1&_ssn=chabeijian130&rt=nc

Thank you for catching that poconopenn, this is not good.

Offline SANDAC

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+8)
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2013, 09:57:40 PM »
Large number of 1oz silver Panda sold in 24-hour auction and at price way below silver bullion value.  I think the buyers know precisely what they are getting.  It is the buyers I'm worrying about because I think many of them may turn around and sell these fakes and use chabeijian130 as scapegoat for selling them fakes.

Offline dynamike51

• Supporter
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2013, 10:10:05 PM »
Large number of 1oz silver Panda sold in 24-hour auction and at price way below silver bullion value.  I think the buyers know precisely what they are getting.  It is the buyers I'm worrying about because I think many of them may turn around and sell these fakes and use chabeijian130 as scapegoat for selling them fakes.

N33   EXACTLY !!!    N33