Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
China Imperial & Republic / Re: Unearthed
« Last post by KeepOnTrying! on Today at 07:29:47 PM »
I wonder if I have seen this scale previously in this forum. I may be wrong but it’s a nagging thought!
« Last post by Clark Smith on Today at 12:20:02 PM »
It's a medal from Fakeland.
Introductions / Re: Introduction
« Last post by Alogzasud on Today at 02:38:11 AM »
Very pretty
« Last post by Alogzasud on Today at 02:36:59 AM »
What is the medal of the country?
Identification Help / Re: Two storks
« Last post by pandamonium on Yesterday at 07:27:18 AM »
Bank note engraving.     Have seen a few for sale about 2 yrs ago.    Rare?  Common?   Value?....

Sun Yat Sen  banknote engraving      -bid-           Ebay 372469671153.....Seller has others....
What is the NGC and PCGS total pop for these Great Walls?.......
1984 PF 67  Great Wall                   -bid-                      Ebay 292769153379...
China Imperial & Republic / Re: 1911 China coin to see is to believe
« Last post by linlaujiou on October 14, 2018, 10:07:36 PM »
1934中華蘇維埃共和國川陝省造幣廠造壹圓銀幣截圖
1.附圖A版截圖中此幣種防偽共同暗記何處有?
2.先考驗眼力,B版截圖對照……另補。
3.遙想當年紅色政權第五次反圍剿人力物力維艱,紅軍幣發行照樣設有防偽共同暗記。
For modern Chinese gold and silver PCGS slab cause coins to tone faster and make them very unattractive.  Maybe the airtight holders trap the contamination and destroy coins quicker than if the holder allowed the coins to breathe.
Modern Chinese Medals / Re: Great Wall 1984 3.3 oz. Silver Medal - Two Versions
« Last post by KeepOnTrying! on October 14, 2018, 09:29:21 PM »
Thanks for the interesting info.

I've only submitted coins and medals to NGC because I don't want to pay for membership to more than 1 grading firm and NGC has, in my view, done a good job for me.

The 1 thing that PCGS may currently have going better than NGC (but that will likely change) is PCGS's virtually air tight holders. For preservation over the long term, this seems to be a big plus.....though I do wonder how long the actual plastic of the holders remains viable before it starts to decay, crack, and disintegrate.

Aren't PCGS's slabs supposed to the more problematic ones or have they introduced better quality slabs? Just asking for clarification.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10