Author Topic: Platinum Panda error  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Pandaguy

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Platinum Panda error
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2017, 01:51:57 PM »

Poconopenn, thank you for sharing. Much of what they wrote in 1994 still applies today in China, especially in the non-urban areas. Their commentary was 100% accurate and spot-on. I lived there for 2.5 years and have seen the REAL China!

Offline bonke

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 03:24:05 PM »
NGC has just posted the results for this coin.  The error has been recognized by NGC as a Reverse Struck Thru and the grade has remained a PF69UC. 

Mark Bonke 

Offline tater

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2017, 03:55:57 PM »
NGC has just posted the results for this coin.  The error has been recognized by NGC as a Reverse Struck Thru and the grade has remained a PF69UC. 

Mark Bonke 

That's great news congrats.

Offline paul4444

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+9)
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2017, 04:56:56 PM »
That's great. I of a kind.   I am glad it worked out for you

Offline KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+10)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2017, 12:19:29 AM »
That is awesome.  Your effort tripled to quadrupled the value of the coin.  I am sure many, many years from now that coin will show up in a stacks auction and sell for thousands of dollars.

Online KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2017, 12:20:39 AM »
Paul

Thanks for selling me this coin for my collection.  Under magnification, it certainly does look as though it is a "struck through" error.  At the ANA show in Orlando, I will show it to Fred Weinberg (the expert on error coins).  If he agrees that this is an error and that it is an error significant enough to warrant a label designation, I will submit it to NGC for their analysis and potential designation.  Unfortunately, in the past, my submissions for error designation have met with failure.  Hopefully, this time, if I submit it to NGC, I will be successful.

As a sidenote, this coin is at the lower end of the range for PF69UC coins.  I would not have been surprised if NGC had graded it as a 68.  Whoever submitted it had good fortune.

Mark Bonke

Mark Bonke 

I guess the jinx is now broken!

Congratulations and Happy hunting!  :thumbup1:

KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!